I was playing around with my droid and I found out that if you hold on the home key, an app switcher comes up! Just thought I'd share and sorry if this is old news.
    11-09-09 08:59 PM
    Not really an app switcher per se. Just the last 6 that you used. There can me MUCH more than that running in the background. Just download any app killer if you really want to see what's going on.
    11-09-09 09:00 PM
    Not really an app switcher per se. Just the last 6 that you used. There can me MUCH more than that running in the background. Just download any app killer if you really want to see what's going on.
    The Droid comes with a built-in app killer, actually. It's under settings > Applications > Running Services. Or, you can make a shortcut to this as well.

However, the phone knows what to run in the background, and what to put to rest (like the iPhone does). Let the phone run itself.
    11-09-09 09:55 PM
    The Droid comes with a built-in app killer, actually. It's under settings > Applications > Running Services. Or, you can make a shortcut to this as well.
    It's really awful compared to, say, Advanced Task Killer. I just looked in the default, and it showed me 6 running services. Open up ATK, and there's like 15. I didn't bother to kill them, but I'm just sayin, if you want to REALLY see what's going on in the background, neither the app switcher or built in app killer is sufficient.
    11-09-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD