How much App memory does the Droid have? The one thing I hate about the storm is the small amount of App memory available.
    11-05-09 04:12 PM
    We shall find out tomorrow! My guess is that it will be 16gb since that's the card that will be included
    11-05-09 04:14 PM
    It will have 256 mb for apps. The same amount as the storm 2. But some developers are working on a app to save apps to the sd card.
    11-05-09 04:15 PM
    I can't believe that a phone like this would have such limited memory for apps. I hope that the app you are talking about is released soon. Otherwise the amount of apps in the app store does not matter because you can't load them.

I know i'm ranting but this is one of my grips on my storm.
    11-05-09 04:18 PM
    Here is what they are planning.
    Google looking for Android Developers for Apps2SD

Apps2sd is out now but it takes alot of work to get it going and its a hack. This new way will make it so its not a hack.
    11-05-09 04:22 PM
    I don't get it, why wouldn't you want them to be installed to the SD card? Are they afraid of piracy? Like say you save it, put it in a friends phone and transfer it to their phone and than take your card back? If so I guess that makes perfect sense. If that's the case why not just INSTALL that SD card IN the phone and have it so you can't even access it unless you take your phone apart?
    11-06-09 01:03 AM
    It has the same app memory as the storm2 BUT the 256 mb is dedicated to apps only. So in the storm you look at memory and it says about 128mb but when you look at the droid memory it should read 256 mb app memory. Big difference.

Storing them on the SD card is always cool.
    11-06-09 01:49 AM
    Droid has 512mb of ROM.
    11-06-09 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD