CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anything people don't like about the Note 2?

Since August my BB Torch has been ready for upgrade. I have an iPhone 4 on a separate contract. I'm stuck between getting my Torch upgraded to a iPhone 5 (2 iPhones?), Note 2 or waiting it out for a BB10. Maybe even the Nokia Lumia.

So I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each, minus BB10 since it's not out yet.

Edit: The iPhone 4 I have is ready to upgrade in January.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 11-20-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

The only thing I don't like is Verizon not having it available yet. Pissin me off! Nov 29th cant get here soon enough if that's even the real release date. Argh!
    The very existence of flamethrowers means that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves..."You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire...but I'm just not close enough to get the job done!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

If the Galaxy S3 or LG Optimus G or Nexus 4 aren't available options to you, definitely go for the Note 2. I tried one at a local AT&T store and, though outstanding in style and design and such, it wasn't as smooth as my Galaxy S3. The Optimus G, however, was the smoothest and fastest phone I ever handled. The GS3 will certainly be the better one, though. Apple needs to get on the ball with innovation and significantly change the 6-year-old iOS software the iPhones currently use. One thing you'll have with a GS3 that you wouldn't with the iPhone is world-class, reliable and outstanding turn-by-turn voice guided navigation. I know this from deep experience on my GS3.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Oh nice. So does the GS3 have things the Note 2 doesn't have? When I tried Note 1 in the store (before Note 2 was released), I was told Note 2 would have all the same things, and hardware, along with the pen and stuff. If I didn't have an iPhone 4 already on a separate contract (due for upgrade in Spring or Summer I think), I'd probably get the 5... but to have 2 iPhones and the changes aren't that huge seems like a waste of an upgrade. There's so many phones to choose from now, that I'm indecisive. I've waited so long for the BB10, I just don't wanna be let down when it finally gets released. Also how is the battery life on the GS3? My friend has a Nexus 4 and said it's just the same as the iPhone at a cheaper price.

Ah... I remember when all I had to choose from a Storm 1/2, Bold, and 3G/S.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebbnoob View Post
    Oh nice. So does the GS3 have things the Note 2 doesn't have? When I tried Note 1 in the store (before Note 2 was released), I was told Note 2 would have all the same things, and hardware, along with the pen and stuff. If I didn't have an iPhone 4 already on a separate contract (due for upgrade in Spring or Summer I think), I'd probably get the 5... but to have 2 iPhones and the changes aren't that huge seems like a waste of an upgrade. There's so many phones to choose from now, that I'm indecisive. I've waited so long for the BB10, I just don't wanna be let down when it finally gets released. Also how is the battery life on the GS3? My friend has a Nexus 4 and said it's just the same as the iPhone at a cheaper price.
    If what I have read about the JB update for the GS3 is true, the Note 2 won't have much at all more than the GS3. One thing that has set the Note apart from the GS3 is the multi-window function. With JB for the GS3, multi-window functionality will be included.

If I had an upgrade available right now and had $200 to spend on one, I'd choose the Optimus G. That thing is one fantastic super phone. But that's just me. I can't put the Optimus G about the GS3 for a recommendation because I know what the GS3 can do and how reliable and overwhelmingly stuffed-to-the-gills with features it is. All I know of the Optimus G is how smooth and fast it is from playing with one in-store. The OG is also one of the most beautiful phones around - to me, that is. But one huge advantage with the GS3 is its vast numbers sold. That will make a significant difference in available accessories and modding support.

Ah... I remember when all I had to choose from a Storm 1/2, Bold, and 3G/S.
    Yeah, isn't it something? So many purely stellar choices we have these days. I remember back before the iPhone first released. All we had were low-quality, buggy and unreliable choices.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    PIN
    29e0c3e7

If I were you, I'd get the Lumia. Windows 8 looks great. It looks a lot like BB10. Galaxy note 2 is just way too ridiculously big for me. I feel like if I sit in a wrong position, I'd break it in my pants. Also, S-Pen is great, but It has a steep learning curve.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Oh, so the Samsung Galaxy 3 and Note 2 will pretty much be the same then, except in size and a few minor differences (GS3 may be smoother from what you've told me too). If I decided to get one of the more expensive phones, I'd probably be getting them at a slightly cheaper contract price. I know one of the managers of the store, so he may be able to sort me out (probably the same price as I'm paying for Torch now, or a tad cheaper). I've never used an Android properly before, so this would be a new experience for me. Nokia wasn't even a consideration for me until lately, I thought they were still doing bad and wasn't aware of their newer phones. I used the Nokia E7, and that phone didn't do very well, it also has a lot of bugs and problems with it, from that I just never bothered looking into them again. I just had a look at the Optimus G, it looks really good too. The S-Pen seems quite good also, I could probably have use in that for days where I can't be bothered to use a notepad haha.

I'm trying to figure out what the iPhone has, that these others don't. I can only think of the ease of use, and a few apps that have more options. I'm considering getting an iPad/Macbook Pro, which would be useful as they can sync together, but the price charged for these are ridiculous. I still have use for BBM, and the emailing system on BlackBerry. Those 2 are probably my main features. There's other little things like BBM status updates through apps (e.g. Twitter), but I can live without those, they shouldn't really be a selling point in the phone.

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

FWIW - There are going to be some great SGS3 specials on Black Friday. I've heard some carriers will have it free on upgrade, but I don't know if that's just a rumor.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I was thinking of Black Friday too, but I'm currently in Europe again. Wouldn't that be a hassle to use? Or is it just a simple unlocking of the phone?