CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone use an Android AND a Blackberry?

And switch between the two phones?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

perform a search, this has been discussed in the last few months and there are many responses to it.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

Many BB users, instead of an Android and having to swap back and forth, go with an iPod Touch in combination with their BB. Giving them the best of both worlds at the same time, not having to bounce between devices.

I went the route of swapping between Android & BlackBerry for a while. Even thought I'd continue to do so until one day, a month or two in, I realized that I had been using my BB without even a second thought about returning to Android. I sold the Google phone and haven't looked back or regretted the situation since.

For me it boils down to aesthetics and a hatred for touch screens when it comes to phones. I love the whole Gorilla Glass things touches have going on, but hate the surface area they require. I have no need for the internet use on a phone because I have constant access to laptops and desktops and internet access through them all. The apps on Android are just novelties with few exceptions, all of those being ones you can find on the BlackBerry and Apple markets.

I have my BB and an Atrix.
    The multimedia experience on the Atrix kills the BB. The device is gorgeous and the display is phenomenal.
    The battery on the Atrix doesn't get me through a full day. I don't like GMail. There are a million apps in the market but I couldn't find one that would take a screen shot or one that would allow me to amplify the notifications in the same manner as BerryBuzz.
    I prefer the platform on the BB. I prefer the way it handles mail. I prefer the availability of different profile settings and the greater number of notifications.

Those are my main issues. I kept the Atrix because I have a second line. But if I had to have only one line, I would have returned the Atrix. It is not as good a fit for me as the BB.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-20-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup

Global Posts
    5,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I tried the BB & iPod Touch combo last year & really disliked it.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Qbnkelt View Post
    I have my BB and an Atrix.
    The multimedia experience on the Atrix kills the BB. The device is gorgeous and the display is phenomenal.
    The battery on the Atrix doesn't get me through a full day. I don't like GMail. There are a million apps in the market but I couldn't find one that would take a screen shot or one that would allow me to amplify the notifications in the same manner as BerryBuzz.
    I prefer the platform on the BB. I prefer the way it handles mail. I prefer the availability of different profile settings and the greater number of notifications.

Those are my main issues. I kept the Atrix because I have a second line. But if I had to have only one line, I would have returned the Atrix. It is not as good a fit for me as the BB.
    Great points, and points for BB that I haven't thought of making before which are very true and valid. Hmm... lovin' my BB even more now!

One size does not fit all. The greatest phone in the universe is not worth a damn if it doesn't do what you want it to do.
    I want to be able to see, at a glance without moving a muscle, who is calling me. I can't find an app that will let my Atrix do that. The closest one collected credit card information....um....no.....I don't think so.
    There are a lot of wonderful things about my Atrix. But I have discovered lag. I've turned the phone inside out, checked apps, deleted apps, taken out the media card, and still I have lag. Reception in the Metro is not as good as my 9650 or my Torch - I can connect in stations under ground with the BBs and not with the Atrix. Same company, AT&T. Just now I tried to make a call with the Atrix....the call dropped several times. Picked up the Torch, finished the call. And now I have a GMail account that I didn't want....because the market requires a GMail account.

Like I said, if this had been my only line it would have gone back. I tried to put my main line on the Atrix and my secondary line on my BB but in one month's time I have not gone a full day on one charge. Longest while on the network was thirteen and a half hours. On WiFi the longest was 22 hours and something...that was hardly using the device, since I don't use it that much on weekends. And the extra time it takes to tweak the device to your liking....couldn't hide apps until I got Launcher Pro...if someone on the forum hadn't mentioned LauncherPro I couldn't have hidden all those icons I don't want.

It's a gorgeous device for someone who has constant access to a power source, who likes GMail, who wants to spend a lot of time playing with it. I want to set my device and forget it. Let it work for me. I spent a lot of time on my Atrix to get it to where I want it....except for the battery and those things I mentioned, notifications, profiles and mail.

Media? Phenomenal. Screen? Gorgeous. Speed the first few days? Mind boggling.

Oh, I've been noticing that my favourite weather app, Weather Bug, fails to load. So it gets stuck trying to load and when I wake up in the morning the batttery is one quarter gone. Ppppfffttt!!! Overnight. So I plug in the Atrix first, then my 9650 while my Torch is in the cradle. By morning I'm at 70% because WeatherBug failed to load. So I had to get another weather app I don't like as much. Ditto for E!. Won't load. Gets stuck. I know Weather Bug and E! are not Android, they're just apps, but one of supposed advantages of Android are the apps. Another app I'm missing is the DC Circulator that they 3GS had - I thought I'd find it in the Market....nope. All they have are apps that amount to nothing more than maps.

My experience has been frustrating at times. I would not give up the BB for the Atrix. I'm exchanging it for another Atrix tomorrow. Maybe I have a bad one.

These are MY experiences with the Atrix...the things I've dealt with.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-20-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

YES in fact I do. I use the Blackberry Torch and the HTC made Google, NEXUS ONE. I find them both have their place at least in my world.My NEXUS just does make the day battery wise. The Torch last all day. I actually like both.

If those that are so closed minded that only phone will serve everyone live in a world that the bleeding hearts want you to swallow in their politics also. It is too bad that they decided to casterate the "S" by eliminateing the noise cancelling mic, then doing away with the micro card slot and in that order. I am waiting for the dust to settle before I change phones I want the best to go with my Playbook if it delivers which I believe it will. and AT&T doesn't mess things up. Even on EDGE my NEXUS is an excellent machine on AT7T. There are those times when the Torch steps in.

Don't cut yourself short on life enjoy all you can as we won't be here forever.
    To each their own, for me it is the Blackberry experience.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Agree with Qbnkelt... the "greatest" device on earth means nothing if it does not fit one's need.

I used to prefer two devices... heck, at one time, I carried a flip and a Palm. BlackBerry was my first true convergence experiment, and since then, I refuse to carry more than one device.

But if you don't mind, why not?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I still use my BB for some things for work, but everything else is on my SGS.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wish I could have the two devices. Wouldn't have to think one or the other anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I use a Blackberry for work and an HTC Inspire for personal. It took a while for me to go back to using 2 devices, (previously just used the Blackberry), but the Blackberry was not able to perform well enough for me to keep it my soul device.
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 04-21-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will
    command the attention of the world."

George Washington Carver

CB Feedback
    CrackBerry User

Have a BB torch and a samsung galaxy tablet ( phone is personal and tablet is for studying now and business later on)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi i am using blackberry 8520 but now i am looking for sony ericsson xperia arc its a awesome phone with android application. I don't have the comparison for both just i want for change and use android application if anyone have detail then share it. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have went through long consideration to move Android or BlackBerry. Decided BlackBerry because it fits much better my needs - need a TOOL with qwerty, and battery to take me through the day. Wife on Android and works great for her - for me is more as a toy, having fun, but can't get the job done (for me)
  16. Jev
    CrackBerry User

using blackberry torch 9800 + samsung galaxy tab. the torch will soon be replaced by a monaco as soon as it comes out while the galaxy tab with the new galaxy tab 8.9 ;-) perfect.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

Currently, I use my Touch more than my Storm, when it comes to apps (there really is no comparison--I've got Netflix, games, HBO-GO, and a host of other apps that aren't available for the Storm). I use the Storm for phone calls, a quick check of the weather or stock market and google maps once in a while. When I get an Android, I'll be able to do most of what I do with the Touch.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry User

I currently use my BB (curve) and an android device (xperia x10 mini pro), but the later has no SIM card (wifi only). Android lags, and battery sucks on mine (even on flight mode using wifi), but it's a nice toy.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I upgraded my Torch to a Note 2 recently. Not sure if I wanna stay on Android, it's real fun to use though. However, my BB still gets the messaging etc done a lot easier and better for me. I'm not sure if one day I'll check get bored of the Android and will be annoyed because I'm bound to a 2 year contract. I have a 7 day period to return, I'm currently on day 2.

Edit: This thread is old. -.-
    Last edited by ankoil; 12-21-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    PIN

well I am using my Galaxy S3 but currently my berry is being a wall flower. I'd have to say for what I use my phone more now.... Galaxy S3 suits me. I always like taking pictures and the speed and I always like to have constant access to my social networks too. It just seems to intergrate better for me.. anyways.
    Ask for my pin!
    Follow me @CRACKTASHA !
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,441 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone use an Android AND a Blackberry?

I have a BB 9900 for work and the GS3 as my daily driver. I use the GS3 way more but still like the 9900.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    730 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Default Re: Anyone use an Android AND a Blackberry?

Yeah I have a Torch 9850 for personal use and a Bold 9930 for work...for my Android, I have my Acer Iconia A500 tablet...I also have a iPhone 4 that in use as an iPod only.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2