I'm looking on droidromreview.com and saw the Ultimate ROM. It looks pretty good, but its not all the way up there like BB or SG. Anyone here try it yet?

AllDroid - View topic - Ultimate Droid V3.7 Bench 150 (02/25/10)
    02-26-10 01:21 AM
    no but i wanted to. i am sticking with BB 2.1 because its so freaking awsome. lol
    02-26-10 01:26 AM
    no but i wanted to. i am sticking with BB 2.1 because its so freaking awsome. lol
    I've been wanting to give BB 2.1 a shot.

I'm running SG 4.5 on 2.0.1 right now.

Should I just do a nandroid backup of my current, then download the nandroid ROM for BB 2.1 and install it then install the kernal as well?
    02-26-10 01:29 AM
    I've been wanting to give BB 2.1 a shot.

I'm running SG 4.5 on 2.0.1 right now.

Should I just do a nandroid backup of my current, then download the nandroid ROM for BB 2.1 and install it then install the kernal as well?
    Yes but what I would do personally is after you back up your current 2.01 set up, try loading it first before you load BB 2.1. just do simple nandroid back up then "latest restore" and make sure the restore files work.

Also back up all your third party apps. If you need to use this as a backup plan if something goes wrong with the market.

BUT the market should have a history of all your downloaded apps anyway, even the free ones. but just please remember this, when you wipe the first time and reload all your market apps, if you mess up something else right after and you wipe again, there is a good chance you will lose your download history and you will lose your free apps.
    02-26-10 01:51 AM
    I use the Ultimate Rom 3.7

It is by far, for me, more stable than Pete's ROM's. I will never load a Pete made ROM again, it screwed up too much for me
    02-26-10 10:46 AM
    I agree on Pete, had a great thing going up to 7.5/7.6 But those last 2 really killed me. I used 1.0 for awhile, and didn't wan tto go to 1.1, but once metamorph wouldn't work, I had to switch to smaoked glass. I am going to use this one and see how I like.
    02-26-10 11:23 AM
    I use the Ultimate Rom 3.7

It is by far, for me, more stable than Pete's ROM's. I will never load a Pete made ROM again, it screwed up too much for me
    Same here. I have tried 3 of his ROM's and every one of them would at some point in the day render the phone useless. The screen would not turn back on for me until I did a battery pull. Smoked glass and DroidMod have never done this.
    02-26-10 12:08 PM
    might give it a shot later tonight...I'm running BB v1.1 right now with the DroidMod 1.2 kernel @ 1.2ghz, and this thing flies!
    02-26-10 07:37 PM
    It's got some issues, still:

More troubleshooting, I loaded a 2.0.1 ROM and resent the text from my wifes phone. It played just fine. saved the video to my sdcard, reloaded ult 3.7, and the video will play from the sdcard. It appears that the Messaging App is not properly handling the Video. The ult 3.7 rom, saves a thumbnail and a qcp file. It is unable to treat it like a video.

Can some others test this for me too pls.
    02-26-10 08:19 PM
    Pete's 2.1 rom is way different than pete's 2.01 rom. hope u all don't get it confused.

and if you guys are switching from rom's to roms on 2.01 you should be doing full wipe before installing a different rom because each has different framework in it. and just because you update, doesn't mean there aren't different files from old to new that might not get overwritten.
    02-26-10 08:50 PM
    Is there a reason the 2.0 wheel lock screen doesn't seem to work well with the xUlt?
    02-26-10 10:59 PM
    Ok so after trying Pete's 2.1 ROM I think I'm gonna make the switch tomorrow to the Ultimate Rom. Hopefully it doesn't let me down.
    02-27-10 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD