Vxtsukdmsntzmgz

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:47 AM
    People have weird ideas.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:56 AM
    On my Nexus 7 it slow down the table so much that I can not use it. Very frustrating.

Z10 via CB app
    11-22-14 01:11 PM
    On my Nexus 7 it slow down the table so much that I can not use it. Very frustrating.

Z10 via CB app
    U need to factory reset.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk
    02-17-15 10:13 PM

Z10 via CB app
    Is that a 2012 N7?
    Everything I've read seems to suggest this device was unfortunately underpowered from the beginning.
    Lollipop on the '13 N7 is, I think, the BEST way to experience it. No joke.

I had high hopes for HTC's N9, but it gets hot and the build quality is crap. Very disappointing.

I haven't played with a Moto N6 yet,...but I'm looking forward!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-15 01:13 AM
    I own a android device. It's not as productive as BB10. My android is literally a entertainment machine.

Posted via CB10
    Well then that's because that's how you choose to use it.
    Does your BB10 have MS Office on it? Because my Android does, and I'm productive as heck with it.

(Okay. I'm actually not. But I COULD be! Because Office.)

02-25-15 01:15 AM
    Well then that's because that's how you choose to use it.
    Does your BB10 have MS Office on it? Because my Android does, and I'm productive as heck with it.

(Okay. I'm actually not. But I COULD be! Because Office.)

Yes I do. I also use blend with my laptop while my phone is charging elsewhere in the house.

Attachment 336717
    Anyone tried Android lollipop?-img_20150225_021738.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:18 AM
    I've got lollipop on both my Note 3 and Nexus 7 (2013) and there is no lag. They both definitely have the "wizard' effect (passing your hand over it, magical things seem to happen). Having said that, the animations and related delays do get in the way a little as compared to my Passport. Making calls and finding contacts is more cumbersome than on the Passport, but marginally easier or at least more fluid than in previous iterations of the Android OS.

The Microsoft suite of apps (which work on the tablet but not the phone) are amazing and free. But they are less amazing of you actually try to produce a document, as opposed to just making little changes or reviewing one.

From a productivity standpoint I agree that it depends on the user and use case. My Passport is a work tool and does everything I need it to do for work. Daytime is Passport and laptop. Evening is Note 3 and a tablet. I almost never reach for the Android phone during the day, and almost never reach for the Passport at night. I've been careful not to replicate the Android experience on the Blackberry and, frankly, when I tried alot of apps just didn't work (I have Snap and the Google Play hack... Some stuff just doesn't work).

If I had to get rid of one phone I would definitely keep the Blackberry because it pays the bills.

I work entirely from a cell phone, all day, every day. My phones are always rooted and tweaked and, until the Passport, I have always had extra batteries and docks and other chargers and cases from the get go. Blackberry phones have always been purpose built and better at the communications things, and Androids at everything else. I guess I describe my Passport as a tool and my Androids as toys, but that is unkind to the Androids. From a work standpoint, IPhones are toys and Androids are really something in between, IMHO. A good tool sits in your toolbox, always ready, and is good at what it is designed to do, and I think that pretty well describes the current Blackberry OS and the Passport in particular. You don't play with your tools, and you don't work with your toys... to completely wring out my analogy.

To the point, the Lollipop version is very easy to use, fast on my aging phone and tablet, and seems to be a major step forward. I agree that it is hard to compare platforms and especially apple/blackberry versus android because the former have a closed hardware and software ecosystem that is super tightly integrated and the latter is a worldwide phenom. But lollipop seems to be moving forward to a more apple/blackberry-esqe standardized look and function that is pretty amazing considering the number of poeple it has to please and the number of phones and tablets it has to work on.

Best,

Charlie V

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    02-25-15 01:39 AM
    Yes I do.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm.

http://www.crackberry.com/psa-micros...-blackberry-10

02-25-15 02:24 AM
    Hmmmm.

That was March 2014. It works with official 10.3.1 release. Including onenote

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:27 AM
    But the point is that u can't use paid apps. I've personally seen that apps run more fluid on Android.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌
    02-25-15 02:40 AM
    But the point is that u can't use paid apps. I've personally seen that apps run more fluid on Android.

I can use paid android apps too. Apps are just as fluid when native and the runtime continues to get it closer to native speed as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:58 AM
    Hmmmm.

Did you just......pull up an one year old article?

Anyone tried Android lollipop?-b8b243ad704038d7952d076b22393185.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sibeans and Dave Bourque like this.
    02-25-15 03:01 AM
    I can use paid android apps too. Apps are just as fluid when native and the runtime continues to get it closer to native speed as well.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ bro. I've seen sideloaded apps on bb and imo they are not as fluid.

02-25-15 02:44 PM
    I beg to differ bro. I've seen sideloaded apps on bb and imo they are not as fluid.

"When native", android apps are getting there. Everyone using passport seem to say that android apps tend to run perfectly fine. But if the app is native its smooth or smoother.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:06 PM
    Did you just......pull up an one year old article?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b8b243ad704038d7952d076b22393185.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	336757

Posted via CB10
    It's as true today as it was then.
    Let's imagine "side loading" does not exist. Because as a feature blackberry cannot use it to sell phones. And non-native performance is, as is being pointed out, inferior.
    02-25-15 11:35 PM
    Let's imagine "side loading" does not exist. Because as a feature blackberry cannot use it to sell phones. And non-native performance is, as is being pointed out, inferior.
    I thought sideloading by definition means using a pc to install something on your smartphone. This isn't sideloading. It's direct download and install.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:46 PM
    They very well can use it to sell phones. The performance is not bad at all with 10.3.1... can't even say it's bad period with Z30 and passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:47 PM
    Lollipop!?? Wtf is with name????

Happy Passport User without Hotspot
    02-25-15 11:52 PM
    What u mean?

02-26-15 08:21 AM
    I lost the comment above, but someone said android apps runs perfectly on passport. It doesn't on mine. Many non Google apps pop up "missing Google play services" or somesuch a couple of times when I open them, and battery drain seems to be an issue when android apps are running.

I'm not saying that I'm not impressed. I am impressed with how well it works. But it doesn't work perfectly.

Lucky patcher reputedly removes dependence on Google play services but it hasn't worked for me on any of five or six apps I have tried it on. Seems like BlackBerry� could figure out a way to make the required connections or whatever in the Android runtime. It is just another small workaround or irritation that makes Blackberry phones feel unfinished.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:55 PM
    Tried it on my xperia z2 (2 months ago) and its the reason why im here now. A week after i updated to lollipop i bought a BlackBerry classic, (my first bb). The update made my phone so childish with all those goofy colors, and i could actually not do many things i could before the update. The design is iOS all over.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:57 PM
47 12