Here I sit a broken down BB Storm owner waiting to pull the trigger on something new. Has anyone recieved the HTC Incredible yet? IF you had a Storm, what were you using for Memos or notes that were on the BB? Are you stoked? Thanks
    04-27-10 12:15 AM
    They don't arrive until Thursday
    They actually arrive tomorrow if you pre-ordered and some already received their Incredible due to a glitch in Verizon's system.
    04-27-10 09:27 AM
    My FedEx status changed to "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" as of 7:15AM this morning.

Strangely, my "Estimated delivery" is still April 28, 2010 by 7:00 PM. haha.

I'm in Los Angeles and it shipped from Ontario.
    04-27-10 10:20 AM
    Mine is at local FEDEX facility. I know where that is. You guys think I Can go pick it up?
    04-27-10 10:22 AM
    My FedEx status changed to "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" as of 7:15AM this morning.

Strangely, my "Estimated delivery" is still April 28, 2010 by 7:00 PM. haha.

I'm in Los Angeles and it shipped from Ontario.
    You are gonna be one of the lucky few to get it today! I'm jealous!!!! Enjoy it and let us know how you like it please
    04-27-10 10:24 AM
    Mine is at local FEDEX facility. I know where that is. You guys think I Can go pick it up?
    ROFLMAO
    U guys are killin me
    04-27-10 10:53 AM
    ROFLMAO
    U guys are killin me
    LOL And BTW mine is already on its way to my place! That's right, I'm pathetic!
    04-27-10 11:05 AM
    LOL And BTW mine is already on its way to my place! That's right, I'm pathetic!
    Mine Too! Woot Woot!
    04-27-10 11:24 AM
    no u can't, they won't let you pick it up unless they have already tried to deliver it first and you weren't there to accept it :P
    04-27-10 12:57 PM
    got mine about an hour ago...just plugged it in to charge, going through my droid to save anything important, than wiping it for my fiancee

also, to those who want to know, the 2GB memory card is just one you'd find in a VZW store, packaged and everything...looks like they just tossed it in

LOVE it
    04-27-10 01:01 PM
    Mine arrived! (as did dozens of others according to various other message boards)

Been charging it for an hour or so, so it should be ready to go soon. I'll post some initial impressions later this afternoon.

As for feel, it's solid. Thin and light, but not to the point where you feel like it's going to break. I like it. And as for the contours on the back, they are really quite subtle. Overall, the physical shape, weight, and feel of it in the hand is very good.

Oh, and it came with a 2GB microSD card in box, and I pre-ordered it on 4/18. So it looks like most of us (even the early per-orders) should be getting the 2GB microSD.
    04-27-10 01:01 PM
    annoying....selected next day shipping and they sent 2 day....
    04-27-10 01:53 PM
    annoying....selected next day shipping and they sent 2 day....
    i think they did that for everyone...employees get free next day, but you need to think, most people are getting this phone a day before launch (some of us, 2 days before)

so, technically, if you did next day, you shouldn't get it until the 29th or 30th
    04-27-10 02:18 PM
    I just did!!! Awesome device, a lot different from my BB Storm 2.. But fast and smooth. Love it so far )
    And its actually thinner and smaller then i thought..
    04-27-10 05:06 PM
    no u can't, they won't let you pick it up unless they have already tried to deliver it first and you weren't there to accept it :P
    I proved you wrong about two hours ago
    04-27-10 05:09 PM
    Ok, I've been using it for several hours now, and it's a sweet phone. I don't really have anything to add to the reviews. It's ridiculously fast and responsive. Everything seems to work the way its supposed to. And the camera is solid (maybe not standalone digital camera quality, but awesome for a phone).

So far so good.
    04-27-10 05:59 PM
    Ok, I've been using it for several hours now, and it's a sweet phone. I don't really have anything to add to the reviews. It's ridiculously fast and responsive. Everything seems to work the way its supposed to. And the camera is solid (maybe not standalone digital camera quality, but awesome for a phone).

So far so good.
    Good to hear that you like it.

But I was looking for the people that got it to be on here going as crazy as they were when they was waiting for it. Lol
    04-27-10 07:20 PM
    Just got my incredible yesterday. I'm going from a bb storm and can I say Omfg. This phone is sweet. I got a couple questions. I seemed to be getting two bars the max on the reception anyone having the same problem? Two can u use bb chargers on the droid?
    04-29-10 07:33 AM
    Just got my incredible yesterday. I'm going from a bb storm and can I say Omfg. This phone is sweet. I got a couple questions. I seemed to be getting two bars the max on the reception anyone having the same problem? Two can u use bb chargers on the droid?
    From what I read in android forums, that anomaly is a bug in Android 2.1. Some one placed D. Inc and and Storm side by side and observed the signal strength of both.

Both had the same numbers (with in +/- 1), Storm had 3, D. Inc had 2. Should be alright.

EDIT: forgot that 2nd Question: I "believe" that D. Inc. uses a Micro USB charging port. Should be the same.
    04-29-10 08:25 AM
    Good to hear that you like it.

But I was looking for the people that got it to be on here going as crazy as they were when they was waiting for it. Lol
    They are probably all tweaking and modding their new Incredibles - I'm sure they will show up in droves very soon. And I can't wait to read them all - I'm very much on the fence with this.
    04-29-10 09:42 AM
    After a day with the Inc, coming from an 8330. Wow. Fast like no berry could imagine. My biggest fear was switching to a virtual keyboard and i must say it works great. Even if i mistype the auto correct is great. Much more useful than the storm predictive text. It takes some adjustment learning the os but it is simply beautiful... Sorry ole curve. il miss ya.. <-- still typing in like a bb user
    04-29-10 10:17 AM
    They are probably all tweaking and modding their new Incredibles - I'm sure they will show up in droves very soon. And I can't wait to read them all - I'm very much on the fence with this.
    Lol. The way that they talk about it you would think that they wouldn't need to tweak it. Lol. I'm on the fence with this as well. I went to 2 different VZW stores to check it out. I couldn't even get close to it. But to my surprise a couple of people said that they would hold off from getting it. I asked why, they just didn't want.
    04-29-10 11:15 AM
    Ive been on a nexus for about a month now and if the incredible runs the same , which im sure it does, than anyone who gets it will be very happy they did. I came from a S1 and the transition has been smooth. If i had decided to stay on verizon i would get the incredible too. Looks really nice.
    04-29-10 11:30 AM
    I just played with an Incredible at the Verizon store and it was pretty nice - typing was definitely better than the droid and my Storm 1 (which I'm ready to ditch), it was very snappy, browser was a million times better...

I'm a heavy biz user and have a couple questions. We use exchange at work, so I'm pretty sure I can hook the Incredible up to get real time email - which is a must. But how robust is the email program on the Incredible? Can I flag messages? Mark as unread? Can you set it to vibrate upon receiving an email?

If it can do all of that, I think I'm sold.
    04-29-10 12:22 PM
    My sister in law an I got out Incredibles yesterday at noon, we went to the verizon store so she could move her phone numbers etc. No one in the store, (manhasset, ny) had seen the phone yet, or played with it. They were all trying to touch ours, (as a storm user from day one it is SO ANNOYING when people want to touch your phones), but anyway I wanted to buy a case for the phone and they said they could not sell it. The manager told me he could sell me one but it would cost $1000.00 if he rang it up. So I bought two...j/k.
    Anyway,
    The phone is awesome, fast, responsive nice to type on.

Only problems so far are the battery, I had it plugged in all night. I woke up, unplugged it, sent 2 emails and made 1 phone call. When i got to my desk at 9am I was already down two bars of batter life (on the battery screen not the actual battery icon on the top of the screen.)

And I have never seen the 3rd or fourth bar of service. I have had the 3G icon light up once or twice and mostly only have the very last bar of service. But, the phone is still lightning fast on the web despite the visual lack of service. hopefull y its only a minor software glitch and will be corrected.

Overall the phone is great and highly recommended.

Hov
    04-29-10 02:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD