I'm a guy that has always cased his phones. I recently bought a $30 case and after taking my phone out and using it without the case for a few minutes, I stopped using the case. The phone feels better without a case. From this day forward I dont think I'll be buying cases for my phones. I never drop my phones anyway and if I ever do I'll just get a warranty replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 12:19 PM
    Well I have a BB, not an Android, but I don't use a case either. Makes it too bulky.
    02-13-11 01:20 PM
    I don't use them as well. I know they protect the device but they are way top bulky. Plus, im really careful with my phones. Also, that's what insurance is for. People, quit being cheap @sees and pony up the 5 bucks

02-13-11 01:36 PM
    Why buy insurance when you have RIM's warranty for the first year?

Edit - my bad, forgot this was in the android forum. If I had a touchscreen, I'd definitely get insurance.
    02-13-11 01:39 PM
    I left my G2 caseless. With all of that metal, I want afraid that anything would happen to it. Now with my Evo, I have an Otterbox Defender protecting it.
    02-13-11 01:58 PM
    I tried taking and leaving my body glove case off my Pro, but it just doesn't feel right. The phone is already slim enough and the case gives it more grip so may rock it naked later on.
    02-13-11 02:15 PM
    I have a G2. Tried to go caseless but I worried too much. I have an Otterbox Commuter case for it now and I love it.

02-13-11 03:09 PM
    All devices for me go naked. Always a screen protector, but naked otherwise. I just like the feel of them stock.
    02-13-11 03:24 PM
    I use my phone naked, in a silicone case, and in a leather case. Naked when I'm too lazy to find the silicone case, and leather when I leave the house (its a holster case--I don't like putting a phone in my pocket.
    02-13-11 05:43 PM
    why buy a case when you can fix your phone with all the info on crackberry.com
    Blkbear likes this.
    02-13-11 05:46 PM
    Holstered - but used naked.

02-13-11 05:50 PM
    I use mine naked now, because I use to buy a case for a phone, and then end up selling it cause the phone felt bulky or if I had to take the battery out, I gotta take off the cover.

That's when I would forget to put it back on and just go naked.
    02-13-11 05:56 PM
    Getting more careful, and have been using my phone caseless, and screen protector free.
    02-13-11 06:46 PM
    I left my G2 caseless. With all of that metal, I want afraid that anything would happen to it. Now with my Evo, I have an Otterbox Defender protecting it.
    All that metal? Where? The back door and the hinges.
    LOL At least that is all the metal I can see on my G2.
    Got a clear case on mine with a stand, just to protect the paint and not get the back all scratched up like some of my phones in the past have had problems with back scratches.
    02-13-11 06:51 PM
    why buy a case when you can fix your phone with all the info on crackberry.com
    There ya go! LOL
    02-13-11 06:59 PM
    I'm scared ****less whenever I can't find my silicone skin. I had a skin on my blackberry 9700, I just switched to a Mytouch 4G, bought it on impulse or normally I'd buy the case & screen protector before I buy the phone
    02-13-11 07:04 PM
    In my case mine is semi-naked. I dont have a case but I have a skin from Zagg on my EVO. Never used cases before. Dont like the bulk and hate holsters and hate seeing holsters on peoples hips.
    02-14-11 03:20 AM
    I flip flop all the time. Of course I like the feel and look of my Droid X being uncovered, but I worry about damaging my phone. I just took the gel skin that I had on it off. We will see how comfortable I am with it off for the time being. I think that it will be fine. My Droid X is really durable.
    02-14-11 03:32 AM
    Why buy insurance when you have RIM's warranty for the first year?

Edit - my bad, forgot this was in the android forum. If I had a touchscreen, I'd definitely get insurance.
    When I had other non touch devices I still had the insurance. Its not only ifthe device goes bad (warranty claim) but losing it, breaking it or damaging it.

02-14-11 10:50 AM
    Yes, insurance is a must with touch-screen. Mine is naked, not even screen protector, but i am very careful. (I did launch my SGSC out of the car once, but that was a complete accident with pulling my purse out too fast - phone landed on the lawn, though. Android Gods were looking out for us that time and no abuse charges were filed)
    02-14-11 12:28 PM
    I don't have the insurance but I do have the extended warranty (the 1.99/month one). I wouldn't want to go without it. I think the 5.99/month is a little hard for me to swallow, considering that my life is not that exciting (I study most of the day), I don't take my phone into situations which ARE exciting, and I think if I'm dumb enough to let my G2 take a swim in the turd bowl, I probably deserve paying up for a new one. It really forces me to be careful, haha.
    02-14-11 12:37 PM
    I have a G2... caseless was nice.. until I almost dropped my phone... it was then when I realized that I might as well get a leather case... adds bulk but I feel more secure with the protection and would like it to still look mint if I ever do decide to sell it down the line for money to put towards a new phone.

i also pay for insurance.
    02-14-11 01:26 PM
    I never buy insurance so I always use a case, plus every time I upgrade I always sell my old device so I like it fresh and clean, no scratches....

02-15-11 07:44 PM
    Person t my gym wears a shirt that says "look good naked". I concur. Of course being at 10% body fat year round but also having a phone uncased is now the way to go for me.

02-16-11 08:17 PM
    Mine is still naked (as was my BB). The main reason is that most cradles and holders don't account for cases. I have a car cradle so I can use it for GPS. The stock car cradle for my SGS holds the phone and charges it at the same time without needing to plug in anything extra. I'm looking for modify one to use on my motorcycle (I had the THC Comfort Cradle on my bike for my Tour). I were to have it in a case, I would have to use one of those generic car holders, and I never liked the look of most of them (plus they cover up side buttons and such).
    02-17-11 10:09 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD