I didn't mean Amazon putting HC on the device, I mean the hacking community doing it. Doesn't the Nook have a HC port? If so, I don't see why this one wont as well, unless the bootloader is locked or it can't be rooted. Once the ICS is released, it will only be a matter of time before all devices (without locked bootloaders) have ICS.
    Won't happen. Honeycomb is closed source and they don't plan on opening it up. ICS will be open source, so we'll probably see that. The Nook Color has CM7 running on it which is Gingerbread.
    09-29-11 09:36 PM
    2.1 is a dealbreaker.
    09-29-11 11:58 PM
    2.1 is a dealbreaker.
    It has Gingerbread.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-30-11 12:18 AM
    the very vast majority of consumers are not interested in rooting, or hacking their tablets..they simply want them to work..

Amazon has done the smart thing and remove kindle fire from the entire "oops i broke it now what do i do community".. and the "lets install the latest untested update" folks..
    a customised OS is the very best thing they could have done for maximum customer service (ie least headaches)..

so it wont suit all the people all the time.. but at $199 this is gonna be the #1 seller over xmas.
    09-30-11 10:01 AM
    the very vast majority of consumers are not interested in rooting, or hacking their tablets..they simply want them to work..

Amazon has done the smart thing and remove kindle fire from the entire "oops i broke it now what do i do community".. and the "lets install the latest untested update" folks..
    a customised OS is the very best thing they could have done for maximum customer service (ie least headaches)..

so it wont suit all the people all the time.. but at $199 this is gonna be the #1 seller over xmas.

True...

But I am guessing it will be rooted. If it is, I will get one.

But, it will be quite successful, with or without the modders. B&N learned to love it, and so will Amazon.
    09-30-11 10:24 AM
    Won't happen. Honeycomb is closed source and they don't plan on opening it up. ICS will be open source, so we'll probably see that. The Nook Color has CM7 running on it which is Gingerbread.
    This sure doesn't look like CM7...

Honeycomb for Nook Color released for download (update: video) -- Engadget

http://www.androidcentral.com/flasha...-available-now

Ulness this failed.
    09-30-11 11:07 AM
    That was Honeycomb beta. They've closed it off since then.
    10-01-11 02:19 AM
    Probably will get it. It looks great.
    10-01-11 09:21 AM
    That was Honeycomb beta. They've closed it off since then.
    Ah I see. No doubt.
    10-01-11 01:15 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD