Saw an article about this phone on Droid Life it will be coming out on both VZ and AT&T Feb/March

Here are some images I have found this phone look friggin awesome.
    Ok maybe I said I would only tab chase so maybe I will get both and then I am done for the year....
    http://bemyandroid.com/wp-content/pl...front-back.jpg

http://motorolaetna.com/wp-content/u...App-Drawer.jpg

They will both be rockin the Tegra 2 processor, but VZ's will be LTE compatible...... whoa.......
    01-04-11 09:13 AM
    If it has a locked bootloader, I wont go near it. I love my DX but I also like installing ROMs and kernels. I wont make the same mistake again (not really a mistake, but I do not want a locked bootloader). It's a shame too, I really like Moto's Android devices. I have absolutely no complaints besides the one I mentioned.
    01-04-11 09:35 AM
    If it has a locked bootloader, I wont go near it. I love my DX but I also like installing ROMs and kernels. I wont make the same mistake again (not really a mistake, but I do not want a locked bootloader). It's a shame too, I really like Moto's Android devices. I have absolutely no complaints besides the one I mentioned.
    The X's bootloader was locked too wasn't it?
    01-04-11 09:53 AM
    I'm definitely keeping an eye on that one. If the Thunderbolt ends up surprising everyone and it's dual core, I may jump on it, but if not, this looks to be the one so far.
    01-04-11 10:04 AM
    I'm definitely keeping an eye on that one. If the Thunderbolt ends up surprising everyone and it's dual core, I may jump on it, but if not, this looks to be the one so far.
    I saw that and my mouth watered but I read where it may not have a dual core processor
    01-04-11 10:09 AM
    The X's bootloader was locked too wasn't it?
    Yep. That's why I said I wont make that "mistake" again.
    01-04-11 10:10 AM
    I saw that and my mouth watered but I read where it may not have a dual core processor
    It wont be dual core. The processor that the leaked information was claiming the device (Thunderbolt) had wont be out sometime till the end of 2011. Expect a Desire HD with LTE. But if they do throw in some other surprises that would be great.
    01-04-11 10:14 AM
    That looks sweet.... 99.9% of people care less about the loader. I bet it is locked, but I am stil interested.
    01-04-11 10:14 AM
    This thread is going fast, I take it back. I will only duel core.
    01-04-11 10:16 AM
    That looks sweet.... 99.9% of people care less about the loader. I bet it is locked, but I am stil interested.
    I agree, locked bootloader isn't a deal breaker besides it can be unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 10:17 AM
    I agree, locked bootloader isn't a deal breaker besides it can be unlocked.

Tell that to all the people trying to unlock the bootloader of the DX/D2/D2 Global/Milestone. The Milestone has been out for a year and still hasn't had the bootloader fully unlocked, and now the device is completely outdated so it doesn't even matter.
    01-04-11 10:24 AM
    This thread is going fast, I take it back. I will only duel core.
    If it aint dual core from here on out not interested........
    Besides the only thing I really care about with custom roms
    is changing the color of the notification bar simply because
    it may clash with the colors of the screen I might use. With
    Launcher Pro at least it gives me the option to hide the notification
    bar.
    Have u looked at the screen the colors look so friggin vibrant.
    01-04-11 10:24 AM
    No dual core + locked bootloader = No go, in my book.
    01-04-11 11:13 AM
    My opinion as well. I'm done with moto for now. I'm more interested in the dual core LG and the thunderbolt.
    01-04-11 11:52 AM
    My opinion as well. I'm done with moto for now. I'm more interested in the dual core LG and the thunderbolt.
    Well this is supposed to be dual core, it's the Thunderbolt that more than likely won't be dual core. That's why I said if by chance the Thunderbolt does end up being dual core I'll probably get it, otherwise this appears to be the one to get for me so far.

Now if Samsung and LG announce something comparable to this, then it'll be harder to decide.
    01-04-11 12:00 PM
    If it aint dual core from here on out not interested........
    Besides the only thing I really care about with custom roms
    is changing the color of the notification bar simply because
    it may clash with the colors of the screen I might use. With
    Launcher Pro at least it gives me the option to hide the notification
    bar.
    Have u looked at the screen the colors look so friggin vibrant.
    I would not rock an x if locked loaders bothered me. Duel core or bust. I root out of boredom. I like it, it is fun, but it is one of the last things I consider. I just want a kick *** phone.
    01-04-11 12:04 PM
    Is that Blur running on the phone? Seeing as how Motorola put locked bootloaders in their last three high end phones, I'll be surprised if they don't put one in this phone. If I had the choice between this and the Thunderbolt it would be hard to choose because I just read that Honeycomb will only run on dual core devices and the Thunderbolt isn't dual core from what I've read.

Last edited by condemned; 01-04-11 at 12:46 PM.
    01-04-11 12:25 PM
    Is that Blur running on the phone? Seeing as how Motorola put locked bootloaders in their last three high end phones, I'll be surprised if they don't put one in this phone. If I had the choice between this and the Thunderbolt it would be hard to choose because I just read that Honeycomb will only run on dual core devices and the Thunderbolt isn't dual core from what I've read.

Thats why there is Launcher Pro.....
    01-04-11 12:48 PM
    That doesn't get rid of the Blur though. Blur still runs in the background while Launcher Pro is running.

01-04-11 01:00 PM
    That doesn't help the fact that Blur processes are running in the background even though you do not use them. I use no social networking services, yet the blur apk for social networking would always be running. You have to run a custom ROM to get rid of blur. Just installing LP and rooting isn't enough.
    01-04-11 01:01 PM
    That doesn't help the fact that Blur processes are running in the background even though you do not use them. I use no social networking services, yet the blur apk for social networking would always be running. You have to run a custom ROM to get rid of blur. Just installing LP and rooting isn't enough.
    Point taken; but this thing should be so ramped up that it shouldn't make much difference. Also I believe the Tegra 2 processor might have less power consumption.....
    01-04-11 03:22 PM
    My next device will be dual core at minimum, I'm not going to settle for anything less.
    01-04-11 03:22 PM
    Point taken; but this thing should be so ramped up that it shouldn't make much difference. Also I believe the Tegra 2 processor might have less power consumption.....
    Dual core devices will be better on battery. At least they are claiming they will be. Even with dual core blur is still there. The performance might not take a hit, but some people just do not like Blur. I really wish all devices came Vanilla with the option to use the manufacturers skin, but I doubt that will ever happen.
    01-04-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD