Just curious as to what others think, and any VZ ppeople tucked away I would really like to hear from......
    08-27-10 12:08 PM
    No clue. Moto is just busting balls with this one.
    08-27-10 12:16 PM
    No clue. Moto is just busting balls with this one.
    Oh so it's on Moto then........
    Well lets hope they are making it really special for the X
    08-27-10 12:20 PM
    Oh so it's on Moto then........
    Well lets hope they are making it really special for the X
    I don't know it it is Moto, it very well could be Verizon. They do have a bad track record when it comes to pushing out updates fast.
    08-27-10 12:23 PM
    I don't know it it is Moto, it very well could be Verizon. They do have a bad track record when it comes to pushing out updates fast.
    Yeah VZ does for sure; I mean the D2 is getting it the Inc is getting it so whats the bfd. Maybe they don't want the X to outshine the others is my best guess, or maybe they are trying to get all the minor fixes in for the X at the same time like volume issues.
    08-27-10 12:45 PM
    Yeah VZ does for sure; I mean the D2 is getting it the Inc is getting it so whats the bfd. Maybe they don't want the X to outshine the others is my best guess, or maybe they are trying to get all the minor fixes in for the X at the same time like volume issues.
    The Droid X outshines the D2 with specs alone. Not so much when compared to the incredible, although one can argue the hardware in the X is actually better and more efficient. My guess is there are just some bugs they want to fix, or they are trying to lock it down even more.
    08-27-10 01:01 PM
    The Droid X outshines the D2 with specs alone. Not so much when compared to the incredible, although one can argue the hardware in the X is actually better and more efficient. My guess is there are just some bugs they want to fix, or they are trying to lock it down even more.
    The D2 didn't have anywhere near the hoopla the X did on release. As far as locking it down, once the cow is outa the barn it's hard to get it back it.
    08-27-10 01:14 PM
    The D2 didn't have anywhere near the hoopla the X did on release. As far as locking it down, once the cow is outa the barn it's hard to get it back it.
    Yea, the D2 wasn't really an all new device though so that's why. The DX is.
    08-27-10 01:19 PM
    They wanna save their best droid for last!
    08-27-10 02:05 PM
    the x is probably getting froyo last because the x was a completely new device and froyo had to be prepared from scratch for that phone.

the d2 was more of a refresh of the d1 so it was probably easier to take the froyo that was already being prepared for the d1 and make the minor changes necessary to put it on the d2. or vice versa...

plus vzw is having to complete the roll out of froyo on the d1 and the incredible (not to mention help those out that are having issues), manage the most recent new handset release in the d2 and do testing for froyo on the x. they probably have to spread this out to make it work...

patience. it seems to have worked for us incredible owners.

i would also be very cautious of froyo for the x if you're interested in root/rom, they could bake something in that locks down the phone even further than it is now.
    08-27-10 02:11 PM
    i would also be very cautious of froyo for the x if you're interested in root/rom, they could bake something in that locks down the phone even further than it is now.
    The current leaked version shows no proof of this, although I can see this happening.
    08-27-10 02:53 PM
    Didn't the Droid X come out last? I'm just thinking that they are just going in order.
    08-27-10 03:00 PM
    d2 came out last, but it was released with froyo.

x was the last of the 2.1 androids though, so that could also be the reason. so far they have gone in order. d1 > incredible > x?
    08-27-10 03:05 PM
    I know the Droid 2 came out last, but since it already has 2.2 I didn't think it was necessary to add it to the conversation.
    08-27-10 03:26 PM
    pretty sure the leaked froyo isn't going to be different from the one verizon is pushing also if you are a rooting/rom guy, i would even touch the pushed update until a dev takes a look at it
    08-27-10 04:07 PM
    pretty sure the leaked froyo isn't going to be different from the one verizon is pushing also if you are a rooting/rom guy, i would even touch the pushed update until a dev takes a look at it

I agree, I think it will be the same as well. In froyo 2.2 leak the volume was definitely fixed both my ringer and notifications are a ton louder than before. The leaked 2.2 for droid x really didn't add anything super crazy like the Dinc update is ie hotspot and 720p video etc.
    08-27-10 04:27 PM
    I agree, I think it will be the same as well. In froyo 2.2 leak the volume was definitely fixed both my ringer and notifications are a ton louder than before. The leaked 2.2 for droid x really didn't add anything super crazy like the Dinc update is ie hotspot and 720p video etc.
    lol thats cause the DX shipped with hotspot 720p blah blah
    08-27-10 05:49 PM
    Got my X on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier after bailing on my Storm 2 Mid-contract (thanks to family upgrade lines).

I had no idea what I missing. The apps alone have not only made it very cool to play with but even upped my productivity at work.

It's ironic... The Storm2 wouldn't play nice with our corporate mail server (whatever the newest Exchange server is - we have no BB support in our corporation) so i couldn't receive email to my phone even through the old OWA access trick because when they upgraded Exchange, the Storm2 couldn't communicate with it. With the X, it took me all of 45 seconds and I get my work mail pretty much instantly.

WYSE works perfect for remote desktop even over 3G, the 2 different browsers I'm running are damn impressive, the whole suite in Google Labs is just so smooth (Google Navigation has blown me away). It's just on a different playing field than the Storm2 was and I'm willing to guess the same would hold true for my opinion on the Torch.

Not perfect for sure: Having some contact syncing issue and the camera seems to wash out easily (but I have yet to touch the settings). But the imperfections are far far overshadowed by what it does right for me.

And I've always been against purchasing apps but man: For 99 cents I have a password protected photo vault (tee hee) and for $2.99 I have seamless integration with iTunes. It might not be as comprehensive as Apple's, but it certainly impressed me.
    Last edited by Sal Khan; 08-28-10 at 12:56 AM.
    08-28-10 12:54 AM
    Maybe because it is very different hardware to test? I mean the droid and droid 2 probably have similar radio hardware and stuff so that might speed up the testing process.
    08-28-10 10:01 AM
    Got my X on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier after bailing on my Storm 2 Mid-contract (thanks to family upgrade lines).

I had no idea what I missing. The apps alone have not only made it very cool to play with but even upped my productivity at work.

It's ironic... The Storm2 wouldn't play nice with our corporate mail server (whatever the newest Exchange server is - we have no BB support in our corporation) so i couldn't receive email to my phone even through the old OWA access trick because when they upgraded Exchange, the Storm2 couldn't communicate with it. With the X, it took me all of 45 seconds and I get my work mail pretty much instantly.

WYSE works perfect for remote desktop even over 3G, the 2 different browsers I'm running are damn impressive, the whole suite in Google Labs is just so smooth (Google Navigation has blown me away). It's just on a different playing field than the Storm2 was and I'm willing to guess the same would hold true for my opinion on the Torch.

Not perfect for sure: Having some contact syncing issue and the camera seems to wash out easily (but I have yet to touch the settings). But the imperfections are far far overshadowed by what it does right for me.

And I've always been against purchasing apps but man: For 99 cents I have a password protected photo vault (tee hee) and for $2.99 I have seamless integration with iTunes. It might not be as comprehensive as Apple's, but it certainly impressed me.

What app are you using for iTunes?
    08-30-10 03:31 PM
    Maybe because it is very different hardware to test? I mean the droid and droid 2 probably have similar radio hardware and stuff so that might speed up the testing process.
    no its because the OG droid was the first to ship with 2.0 so they decided to make the droid 2 the first to ship with 2.2. also nexus one was the first to ship with 2.1
    08-30-10 03:33 PM
    08-30-10 06:17 PM
    Very easy to deal with. I have been using the leaked 2.2 since it came out.
    08-30-10 08:09 PM
    Very easy to deal with. I have been using the leaked 2.2 since it came out.
    Same here. I really don't care. Someone will make it available for download in update.zip format for rooted/nonrooted 2.2 users. If not, I can always revert back to 2.1.
    08-30-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD