has anyone heard of any thing pointing to an exact or close estimate to when either of these phones will come out to vzw... i know spring 2010... but thats pretty vague. i read on the vzw forums that the n1 date was march 23... but idk how true that is
    02-19-10 02:25 AM
    Yeah, I would love to know also, my contract is up next week. I am waiting to get my hands on one of the coming Android phones. The Droid is great but I don't need the keyboard.
    02-19-10 07:48 AM
    yeah it seems like its been a while since heard any news
    02-20-10 11:57 AM
    Get a Droid!
    02-20-10 11:59 AM
    I'd rather get the N1 over the Incredible.
    02-20-10 12:10 PM
    There is a simple solution for those who would normally go with the Droid but don't care much for the physical keyboard: DON'T USE IT! I never use it & can tell you that this thing is about as cool a device as you can get. I came from the 9530 & I can tell you that it is like night & day. It would be nice to see some better weather apps then weatherbug but I believe that will be offered in the not to distant future. RIM, (like GM,Chrysler, et al.) has gotten complacent & the fact that Android is an OS that is starting to grow in market share is NOT something that RIM is blind to. At least if their smart they won't be. The touch screen keyboard on the Droid while not assume is reasonably acceptable & is not the end of the world. My only complaint & it is not with the Droid itself but with the Android OS is that the fonts (particularly the size of the fonts) aren't all that great. That too will be addressed in the not to distant future. Another nice thing about the Droid is that it has been out for a while & has a very good track record as compared to Android phones that have not been out for very long let alone offered to the general public at this time. Yes, there are those who have had to swap them out because of production QC related issues but let's fact it. We are talking about a consumer electric device & there is nothing out there that is perfect. What I can tell you is that the Droid is pretty darn good & that says alot about a smart phone. Get one & you will be very surprised at how good it really is.

From the South end of Lake Erie.
    Last edited by w8rz; 02-22-10 at 11:40 PM.
    02-22-10 10:37 PM
    There is a simple solution for those who would normally go with the Droid but don't care much for the physical keyboard: DON'T USE IT! I never use it & can tell you that this thing is about as cool a device as you can get. I came from the 9530 & I can tell you that it is like night & day. It would be nice to see some better weather apps then weatherbug but I believe that will be offered in the not to distant future. RIM, (like GM,Chrysler, et al.) has gotten complacent & the fact that Android is an OS that is starting to grow in market share is NOT something that RIM is blind to. At least if their smart they won't be. The touch screen keyboard on the Droid while not assume is reasonably acceptable & is not the end of the world. My only complaint & it is not with the Droid itself but with the Android OS is that the fonts (particularly the size of the fonts) aren't all that great. That too will be addressed in the not to distant future. Another nice thing about the Droid is that it has been out for a while & has a very good track record as compared to Android phones that have not been out for very long let alone offered to the general public at this time. Yes, there are those who have had to swap them out because of production QC related issues but let's fact it. We are talking about a consumer electric device & there is nothing out there that is perfect. What I can tell you is that the Droid is pretty darn good & that says alot about a smart phone. Get one & you will be very surprised at how good it really is.

From the South end of Lake Erie.
    The point of the device, which is why its 6 oz heavy is the physical keyboard. If you arent using it, you are better off waiting for the N1.
    02-23-10 06:59 AM
    The Droid is NOT HEAVY! If one truly believes that, then they need to join a gym & get into a program! Would I have been happier if it didn't come with one in the first place? Sure I would but such is life. The Droid may look "ugly" but the build quality is sooo much better than any bb & as far as I'm concerned, build quality comes long BEFORE how a particular phone looks. Maybe the next Droid will not have one & then people will complain about something else.

from the South end of Lake Erie.
    02-23-10 10:36 AM
    Its not heavy like I hurts my arm carrying it. Its heavy in that why do I need the extra wieght and girth for a physical keyboard I will never use?

Of course I constantly debate about giving it another try. Dam that screen is amazing.
    02-23-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD