Like the title says, are there any females out there planning on getting the Droid. It seems like the Moto Droid is more appealing to males while the Eris looks like it will appeal more to women. I am a female, however, I will be getting the Droid because the faster processor, android 2.0, and free navigation, plus I'm kinda a tech junkie...so, I'm just wondering if I'm the only female out there that's getting the Droid as well...

and guys, chime in if you know any females will be getting this phone as well
    11-04-09 06:49 PM
    I put up a poll on droidforums.net and so far its 80/20 males to females.

A women would look sexy with it. Sort of like when chicks carry guns. Very sexy : )

Good choice moni.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 07:01 PM
    Im sure alot will, mostly techie type girls im sure. Of course you must go with the DROID for power!
    11-04-09 07:02 PM
    I love my BB...I don't think I could ever part with it. I will however make a trip to VZW on launch day to play with one b/c I'm a bit of a tech junkie myself
    11-04-09 07:06 PM
    I love my BB...I don't think I could ever part with it. I will however make a trip to VZW on launch day to play with one b/c I'm a bit of a tech junkie myself
    A hot one at that.. "Mack Line" So whats ur BB Pin? LOL...Im jp
    11-04-09 07:10 PM
    Agree....I'm a tech junkie myself but I really love my BB as well and have a hard time to part from it. I'm off on the 6th so I'll be @ the Verizon store bright and early to check out the new Droid. Who knows, maybe I will and maybe I won't
    11-04-09 07:16 PM
    I will 100% for sure be getting a Droid. I'm tired of the same ol, same ol, Blackberry!
    11-04-09 07:17 PM
    Funny you say that. Every freaking BB that comes out is almost the same, main thing they change is the hardware but really look at them its pretty much the same OLD OS.
    11-04-09 07:18 PM
    ok, so it seems like I want be the only female out there getting one...although, it would be cool to be amongst the few females out there that will have the droid
    11-04-09 07:28 PM
    Count me in! Cant wait!
    11-04-09 07:31 PM
    Count me in as well. I think I'm buying, but I am definitely going to check it out first. I gotta at least touch before I buy. Afterall, touching is what convinced me the Storm 2 was not for me. I'm also off on Friday so will be at the store bright and early.
    11-04-09 07:43 PM
    At first I thought I might get the Eris...but will go with the Droid, afterall. I, also wondered how many females would be interested in this phone. Anyway, count me as another woman going Droid!
    11-04-09 07:43 PM
    My wife wants it for the slide out keyboard. She's not a big fan of using virtual keyboards.
    11-04-09 07:47 PM
    I'll be getting the Droid. Ordering online but I will be checking it out on Friday.
    11-04-09 07:49 PM
    I'll be checking it out, but I am waiting for the Passion to come out before I make a decision on which Droid is right for me. You guys know how picky I am.
    11-04-09 09:00 PM
    I'll be checking it out, but I am waiting for the Passion to come out before I make a decision on which Droid is right for me. You guys know how picky I am.
    You aren't picky, what are you talking about? You just LOVE every device you come in contact with.

You're as picky as a drunk woman in a gay bar, aren't you... :P
    11-05-09 02:45 AM
    lol i completly agree. i did the same for the storm 2 and will probably do the same for this one. ima tech junkie too
    11-05-09 03:03 AM
    That's how I felt about the Droid. I was going to try it out and wait for the Passion to come out and compare the two.

Until I read this:

Qualcomm chipsets have ALWAYS been slower and less performance oriented then their counterparts. This was always evident when you'd see reviews of a CDMA vs GSM version of the same phone. The GSM version performed better then the CDMA because the processor in the chipset was usually slower (not always based on clock speed MHz alone, but rather core design).

As a rule of thumb, anything Qualcomm will have some slight disadvantage over a comperable chipset from another manufacturer. That being said, Qualcomm's solution was the new Snapdragon 1GHz proc, but the core design on it is also not optimal and it runs at a higher clock rate to do the same as something else that multithreaded could do at a slower clock cycle. The bad part about the Snapdragon is that it sucks up power like there's no tomorrow. Rumor has it that the new Sony X10 Android phone has had its Snapdragon proc dropped to 768MHz to combat some of the power issues, but people are still saying the issue is still there.

Honestly, I want Qualcomm to disappear off the planet as their chipsets are crap in my opinion. Unfortunately we may not get this luxury if they dig their heels into the LTE development projects. I just hope "they get" why their chipsets are POSs at this point in the game. No CDMA Blackberry ever behaves as well as a GSM one has in the past... point blank.
    Had a change of heart?
    11-05-09 05:32 AM
    Pretty sure my gf will be getting the droid since I've hyped it up so much. I'm gonna make sure she looks at the Eris as well though. I don't think she'd care as much about the specs of the phone as long as she can use it well. She's got an 8330 now and wanted the iphone, but I convinced her these Droid phones were better since she's already with Verizon.
    11-05-09 07:31 AM
    That's how I felt about the Droid. I was going to try it out and wait for the Passion to come out and compare the two.

Until I read this:

Had a change of heart?
    lol, well, maybe HTC will surprise us... but maybe not. The chance is there, so that's why I'm waiting. No reason to jump too soon.
    11-05-09 09:31 AM

Until I read this:
    Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
    Qualcomm chipsets have ALWAYS been slower and less performance oriented then their counterparts. This was always evident when you'd see reviews of a CDMA vs GSM version of the same phone. The GSM version performed better then the CDMA because the processor in the chipset was usually slower (not always based on clock speed MHz alone, but rather core design).

As a rule of thumb, anything Qualcomm will have some slight disadvantage over a comperable chipset from another manufacturer. That being said, Qualcomm's solution was the new Snapdragon 1GHz proc, but the core design on it is also not optimal and it runs at a higher clock rate to do the same as something else that multithreaded could do at a slower clock cycle. The bad part about the Snapdragon is that it sucks up power like there's no tomorrow. Rumor has it that the new Sony X10 Android phone has had its Snapdragon proc dropped to 768MHz to combat some of the power issues, but people are still saying the issue is still there.

Honestly, I want Qualcomm to disappear off the planet as their chipsets are crap in my opinion. Unfortunately we may not get this luxury if they dig their heels into the LTE development projects. I just hope "they get" why their chipsets are POSs at this point in the game. No CDMA Blackberry ever behaves as well as a GSM one has in the past... point blank.

Had a change of heart?
    That is definitely a game changer; also with the seperate GPU
    man oh man the Droid will definitely hold it's own........ Besides I don't know what I did but after
    trying to upgrade my S1 to 5.0 and crashing it. I am definitely
    ready for a new device..........
    I gotta have it
    11-05-09 09:33 AM
    Well, I'm a grandma who loves her tech toys. I'm really torn about the Android. I've heard that it won't do push email for hotmail, and I do want the camera to be quicker than the Storm's. I've heard that Android's camera is pretty dismal, but "my guy" that always helps me at VZW said that the one he is playing with in the back is just fine. I must say in S1's defense that the OS update did wonders for my camera. I don't expect great things; I have a "real" camera for that, but if they put a camera on a phone, I want the pic to be snapped in under 10 seconds...you S1 early adopters know what I mean.

For me, it's kind of like deciding between a PC or a Mac and the decision depends on what you need it to do well. I need email to work quickly and well. I am sending out confidential information and I need to have a good feeling that it will get to my recipient quickly, and that if they send me something, I will get it quickly. I also understand that there will probably be an app developed quickly for this. I travel from site to site and I don't often have access to a PC during the day. I don't use the internet all the much, which I know is where the 'Droid really screams.

The part of me that wants the latest and greatest wants this phone BAD, but that being said, I think I'm going to try and curb that impulse and see what comes out over the holidays. Of course, then I won't have any money because I'll be spending it on everyone else. BAH! If there aren't any lines at my Verizon store, I will be there to play with it, though. My S1 is working okay. Since I can't use the themes, I'm kind of bored, and since the update, my memory is so low that I don't feel like I can put much more on it and I don't do well with being thwarted. I did look hard at the S2 while I was at VZW yesterday. Meh. So, since you asked, another girl checking in with her brain droppings.
    Last edited by HMBgal; 11-05-09 at 09:49 AM.
    11-05-09 09:47 AM
    Well, I'm a grandma who loves her tech toys. I'm really torn about the Android. I've heard that it won't do push email for hotmail, and I do want the camera to be quicker than the Storm's. I've heard that Android's camera is pretty dismal, but "my guy" that always helps me at VZW said that the one he is playing with in the back is just fine. I must say in S1's defense that the OS update did wonders for my camera. I don't expect great things; I have a "real" camera for that, but if they put a camera on a phone, I want the pic to be snapped in under 10 seconds...you S1 early adopters know what I mean...

2 things to keep in mind about the camera:
    1) It is very likely a software issue that can easily be fixed with an update, and
    2) The fact that the video camera is able to record with such great clarity, focus, etc. reinforces that 1) above is true.

I'm not worried about the camera long-term...I think it will be fixed, and fixed quickly. I too want it to work. I do use it when I need to take unxpected pics and it needs to perform reasonably well.

I can't help you with e-mail...I don't know if anyone really knows how it's going to work. I currently use a Blackberry to get my work e-mail. I think I've got it set up as OWA so I'm used to not getting "immediate" e-mails but I get them timely enough that I can deal with it. What I don't get is calendar and contacts, which I do not understand. So fingers crossed I can get all 3 on the Droid and if it comes at the price of a 10 minute delay, so be it. I'm sure you'll start seeing some answers tomorrow on e-mail set up.
    11-05-09 10:32 AM
    Yep, another girl here who does not want the guys to have all of the fun! I am so ready to kick my Storm1 to the curb and like HMBgal have being trying to convince myself to wait and see what else come out in the near future, but I am leaning heavily towards getting the Droid soon.
    11-05-09 11:42 AM
    Chicks do dig hard bodies
    11-05-09 12:17 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD