I see that Verizon is giving away a Eris with the purchase of a droid.

Is Eris the lesser product? Why is there no buzz for this phone?
    01-03-10 12:27 PM
    I just left Verizon with my new Eris. It is a little bit less power but I wouldnt call it inferior.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:48 PM
    I believe it doesn't run the new Android OS and from reports it won't. Hopefully, they will change that. Here is a link with a brief comparison. Looks like the Droid also has a slightly faster processor and the Eris has HTC software on it.

Motorola Droid vs HTC Droid Eris | Redmond Pie
    01-03-10 06:06 PM
    i have one and i LOVE it i chose it over the droid cause i didnt want a physical keyboard and the droid seemed too bulky but coming from a bb storm theres nothin slow about this thing and i got alot of apps installed
    01-03-10 06:21 PM
    I had an Eris for about 2 days, lol, got rid of it b/c the battery life is horrible! Barely made it 6-8 hrs w/ minimal use! Back to my Tour for now...
    01-03-10 07:22 PM
    The droid Eris is quietly brilliant according to Verizon
    01-03-10 07:27 PM
    I traded my Droid for the Eris, and am very happy with the decision. While powerful, the Droid was too big and square, and the physical keyboard was less that ideal. Couple that with some performance issues (dropped calls, freezing, poor call quality), and I was ready for something else.

The Eris is slower, and the screen isnt quite as brilliant, but it is definitely an upgrade from my Storm 1 in all respects, and the form factor is much better for me than the Droid.

I'm really happy with it.
    01-04-10 07:25 AM
    I picked up an Eris last week. It's been great so far. I like the smaller form factor of it compared to the Droid. Battery life has been equivalent to any BlackBerry that I've owned in the past. I'm probably going to make the switch permanent and sell my Storm 2 this week.
    01-04-10 09:11 AM
    Picked up an Eris for my wife using the BOGO promotion. She loves it, the battery life is pretty bad though. It loses a lot even on standby.
    01-04-10 12:09 PM
    xliderrider et al- after about 3 weeks, my battery life is about what my S1 got, I can easily get through a day with regular usage. It was worse at first, but got better, so hang in there!
    01-04-10 12:45 PM
    xliderrider et al- after about 3 weeks, my battery life is about what my S1 got, I can easily get through a day with regular usage. It was worse at first, but got better, so hang in there!
    That is good to hear, but my wife has had her Eris for about 4 weeks now.
    01-04-10 01:01 PM
    yeah, the eris battery life is junk -- on standby it loses more battery life than a blackberry does w/ heavy use. it's sad b/c I loved the eris & was gonna jump ship to android but that ruined it for me. maybe an OS update will fix it or an updated phone to be released... IDK
    01-04-10 01:04 PM
    The battery issues seem to be related to the Native messaging client. Handcent seems to take of this issue. (Previous ERIS owner).
    01-04-10 01:25 PM
    Hmmm, there seems to be a lot of standard things on the Eris that cause the battery life to be poor, lol. Having to D/L some apps to fix it is not so pleasing. A task manager & a new SMS/MMS app. IDK, I may give it another shot lol.
    01-04-10 01:28 PM
    The battery issues seem to be related to the Native messaging client. Handcent seems to take of this issue. (Previous ERIS owner).
    I have already set-up Handcent as her default messaging app.
    01-04-10 01:34 PM
    How do you art it up as the default messaging app? I have it downloaded and turned off the notification of the stock sms. Is there a way to make the message ONLY come to Handcent?

01-04-10 01:41 PM
    I did a lot of reading about the Eris before purchasing and I don't see any pattern to battery related issues. Some say it's terrible, some say it's fine. I've had mine since Wednesday and have been pleased with the battery life so far. I'm using the native message app, Gmail synchronization and Touchdown email synchronized with Exchange using Activesync push. I use Google Talk quite a bit every day, lot's of messages using touchdown, some web browsing and an occasional phone call. I charge my phone each night when I get home from work and it typically runs down to 40% remaining each day.
    01-04-10 01:42 PM
    How do you art it up as the default messaging app? I have it downloaded and turned off the notification of the stock sms. Is there a way to make the message ONLY come to Handcent?

After you load Handcent, select a contact and try to send an SMS, the Eris will ask you which app you want to use. Select Handcent and check off the use as default checkbox.
    01-04-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD