I seriously loved my Nokia 5160 on AT&T TDMA phone. It was a monster. I kept it four years! Lol. Those were the days...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Where is the menu button to send email and surf the webz?

02-08-11 06:22 PM
    No. The only thing I miss about BB is bbm. Everything else is way better on droids

02-08-11 06:26 PM
    Where is the menu button to send email and surf the webz?

You dont need no email when you can play Snake.
    02-09-11 06:27 AM
    You dont need no email when you can play Snake.
    Countless hours of my life were wasted on that game.
    02-09-11 08:21 AM
    I had been with BB for about 5 or 6 years with the last BB I had being the Storm. I switched last spring to the Droid on Verizon because I hated the Storm. The storm made me forget all the things I loved about BB. I loved my droid for the first 6 months or so because of all the new cool things I could do and how fast everything was. Android really is awesome. All that said, I could not get comfortable doing the day to day things on the Droid. It's the day in and day out functions that help me to serve my clients. Despite all the apps I downloaded I could not get the Droid the way I wanted it. I bought a used Tour last week for a good price. I am already more comfortable with it. It really does come down to personal use. I will reevaluate in the fall when my renewal is up with Verizon. I may go back to Android or I may stick with BB. I will probably look at the iphone as well. I won't know until I see the new phones over the next 8 months or so.

Who would have thought buying a phone could ever be such a complicated choice? It's nice to have choices though. Competition is great!
    I love my DX, but this is how I think sometime (the part of your comment that I bolded). I've done everything I can do to my DX short of loading a cooked ROM, and there is still something missing in the day to day functions of it. I've thought long and hard about coming back to BB but I just can't pull the trigger. I do too much email and web to come back to truncated emails and a shizz browser. But besides that, all I do is text, Twitter, Facebook, Memos, Tasks, and Calendar. All of which BB does on par with Android. I never use the other high end stuff like HDMI. I would miss Angry Birds if I left Android, too, but that's the only game I play.

I completely understand why people love Android, but I also see why people love BlackBerry, too. It's all in what suits you best. If BB gets a browser that's on par with Android and full HTML email, I'll possibly jump back on the bandwagon, but not until then.
    02-09-11 10:40 AM
    Just for fun, and self confirmation, I re-activated my Tour for a day last week and put the Droid Pro in the drawer. Lasted all of 12 hours until I couldn't stand it any more. The keyboard is still the best on any device, ever, and messaging/communication still rocks, but EVERYTHING else was intolerable. Downloading and updating apps takes forever. Reboots take forever. Games stink. Web browsing isn't even real web browsing. Many sites don't even load or load but formatting is funky.

At the end of the day, if all that was important was communication and messaging, I would no doubt still be rocking the BB. Because I don't work 24 hours a day, and actually have personal time, I need my device to do much more than messaging. FB is so much better on Android, apps are plenty and there are USEFUL apps, not just play/toy stuff like most RIM devotees would like to think. It's what works best for each person. If BB is what gets the job done for you, then enjoy.
    TheIgster likes this.
    02-09-11 03:03 PM
    There are many days I miss my Moto E815!!! No emails to worry about, didn't have to replace it multiple times because of bad speakers or faulty screens, it was a heck of alot cheaper!
    I LOVED that phone! It was great with signal strength and looked wonderful!
    02-09-11 05:38 PM
    With the Current and near future Rim devices, I don't see anything that will make me give up my Evo. I needed something to handle both work/school and some entertainment, for long car rides and while sitting at my grandparents(no internet). The Evo does all I need it to do.
    I have no issues with slow email, I get email just as fast if not faster. After rooting and a few mods, my battery life is good. My reception is much better on the Evo, than it was on my BB.

I love BB but it wasn't doing anything for me. Whatever platform makes you happy, use it. No one can really say one is better than the other, it is based on ones needs.
    02-09-11 10:31 PM
    After going to Android I use my device completely differently now compared to my 9700. I don't hesitate to jump on the web for everything on my phone now. Really, after making the jump from BB I was shocked how much I was missing out on. Back to BB? Not in the foreseeable future. It may just be me, but the more things evolve, the slower RIM's progress seems to me.
    eth555 likes this.
    02-11-11 01:16 PM
    It may just be me, but the more things evolve, the slower RIM's progress seems to me.
    It's not you, the fact is that RIM is no longer cutting edge. Their technological progress has come to a screeching halt, sure there's QNX but where has their inability to be leaders and stay ahead of the competition gotten them today?
    02-11-11 01:22 PM
    After 2 months with my DX, but yet still using my 8900, I can honestly say that I will not be returning to BB exclusively in the immediate future.
    The screen size is just awesome, but the browser experience is nothing short of terrific.
    I love BB and it will always have that special aura about it. I've said it before that "it's a blackberry - 'nuff said", and still feel that way. But at the same time, I am a bells and whistles kind of person, and BB just can't match Android on that level.

02-13-11 08:31 AM
    I have had the evo shift for about a month now and I'm torn. I miss the BB for some of its basic communication functions- I wrestle with the fact that if I wanted to play angry birds or some other game or get a better web experience- I could just pick up my ipod touch. When I want to hammer out emails and communicate efficiently- I could use my blackberry. The keyboard rocks! Sure the shift has a slide out keyboard- but its really the landscape form factor that just makes it different. I don't know- I consider myself somewhat of a tech geek- but in the grand scheme of things, for some reason, I enjoy and miss how simplistic the BB was when it came to the basic functions needed on a phone. I have an ipod, soon to have an ipad and a laptop that I can use for the rest. For now- I'm still unsure of what I'll do, but for some ODD reason- i just miss the BB....
    02-13-11 11:01 AM
    I love how we can laugh in here and still get our point across. I was a long time BB user, 3 years. I came to the Android side over a month ago and I am very glad I did.
    It is great, I get my emails quickly. Everything is great on my Droid Incredible. I love this device. And thanks to Matt........I took his advice on the 1800 mAh battery. I get a full day on it and still have juice on it. I have two and the wall charger too. All in all, I don't see me returning to BB. I have two friends who are making the switch and this will be a first time smartphone for a friend, the other is a BB user. He is like a kid waiting for his birthday to come...........he wants it now should have it by the weekend.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/bb-vs-droid-585631/

Check out this thread. I'm not trying to be "convinced", necessarly, but I have droid friends that tell me "it's better" but don't back it up with anything.
    I've used enough smartphones to know it's a personal thing, but.......
    02-13-11 02:06 PM
    After going to Android I use my device completely differently now compared to my 9700. I don't hesitate to jump on the web for everything on my phone now. Really, after making the jump from BB I was shocked how much I was missing out on. Back to BB? Not in the foreseeable future. It may just be me, but the more things evolve, the slower RIM's progress seems to me.
    This is pretty much how I feel. I just recently upgraded from my Bold to the Torch. I must say I was pretty disappointed. The slider was loose just enough to annoy the **** out of me when using the touch, camera was horrible, and not to mention the 7 battery pulls in two days.

So I headed back to BestBuy today for an exchange and the rep talked me into an htc inspire. Well let me just say this puppy is freaking awesome! I'm kicking myself for not jumping sooner. I hate to say it but BB is great w/ email but I found if I really need my email I can just hit the web and it loads very fast.

I probably will not be returning to BB.
    02-13-11 08:39 PM
    This is pretty much how I feel. I just recently upgraded from my Bold to the Torch. I must say I was pretty disappointed. The slider was loose just enough to annoy the **** out of me when using the touch, camera was horrible, and not to mention the 7 battery pulls in two days.

So I headed back to BestBuy today for an exchange and the rep talked me into an htc inspire. Well let me just say this puppy is freaking awesome! I'm kicking myself for not jumping sooner. I hate to say it but BB is great w/ email but I found if I really need my email I can just hit the web and it loads very fast.

I probably will not be returning to BB.

I must be missing something.

Email is fantastic on my dx.

02-13-11 08:49 PM
    Fantastic email handling is seemingly subjective. Some may not like the lack of "intuitiveness" of the gmail app. I find K9 to suit my personal needs just fine, even if it doesn't have threaded messaging (at least from what I tried looking for).
    02-13-11 10:32 PM
    I just switched back to a bb frm a mt4g
    Don't get me wrong the mt4g is a good phone just wasn't for me
    I feel I am more productive with a bb and its just easy to use and does what its supposed to do although I will miss angry birds lol

02-14-11 12:45 AM
    So since I am waiting impatiently to switch or at least give an android device a good run! I thought I would ask if any android users are thinking about giving the upcoming BB devices a run? I know spec wise they are getting closer but still a little behind.....not trying to start a torch on platform or the other, just curious!
    I just sold my DX this past weekend - went back to using my old Curve 8330. I am back, and waiting patiently for the Bold Touch. I left BB twice, and have come back both times (once for Palm, once for DX).

Hi, my name is mountainman, and I am addicted to the crackberry.....

02-14-11 08:05 AM
    It all comes down what works for your daily in's and outs IMO.

For me, I don't need all the stuff that Android does. Yes, it is faster on the web. (Maybe 5-8 seconds faster on network, same on wifi.) And yeah it has better games, but I could never get my emails pushed, always came a good while later and battery life was horrendous on two different Android devices..hated the fact I had to have a car charger at all times or plug it in 2-3x a day at home....

Never had to do that with any of my phones, **** even my 3G iPhone lasted close to a day...

With that said, I love the look of most hardware with Android and I like the look of Android OS, just not how it operates. BB as out of date as it may be gets stuff done faster for me overall, (minus browser on network.)And suites my overall life better. It really is that simple....

People just like to debate/fight/banter about what is better and it isn't just with phones, but with a lot of things in life...mostly material items....just sayin'....yes, I have done it myself, such is life. I at least can acknowledge it, lol!

Happy v-day!

02-14-11 11:07 AM
    I just sold my DX this past weekend - went back to using my old Curve 8330. I am back, and waiting patiently for the Bold Touch. I left BB twice, and have come back both times (once for Palm, once for DX).

Hi, my name is mountainman, and I am addicted to the crackberry.....

What didn't you like about DX? Two things I liked just messing around with the X was less steps getting to text messaging and the idea of no TRUNCATED EMAILS!!!!! Just curious to hear what you didn't like about the X?
    02-14-11 09:10 PM
    BB as out of date as it may be gets stuff done faster
    With push email is pretty much the same on all platforms, BB not being any better or worse, can you please elaborate on what Blackberry gets done does faster?
    02-15-11 08:36 AM
    I switched over to the Inspire yesterday and I can say I will never be back on a Black Berry. the snappiness of the UI is awesome and it's great having an actual browser. Email is awesome too as that truncated crap is gone!
    02-15-11 09:43 AM
    congrats! that was the first things i noticed too about email...so nice!
    mrro82 likes this.
    02-15-11 11:47 AM
    I switched over to the Inspire yesterday and I can say I will never be back on a Black Berry. the snappiness of the UI is awesome and it's great having an actual browser. Email is awesome too as that truncated crap is gone!
    The Inspire is a great device, I'm thinking of getting one off contract. Congrats and welcome to the world of Android.
    mrro82 likes this.
    02-15-11 01:52 PM
    you dont need no email when you can play snake.
    +++1. Lmao!!!!!!!

02-16-11 06:01 AM
267 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD