One of the comments you always hear is how well BB does email. But imo email is a lot nicer on android. 75 percent of my emails have attachments and are very painful to view on a BB. That was the first thing I noticed when I tried an original droid was how refreshing viewing emails were!!
    Last edited by jebulls; 02-05-11 at 06:02 PM.
    02-05-11 05:32 PM
    I'm so sick of truncated emails!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 05:51 PM
    ^^^^no kidding^^^^^......
    Last edited by jebulls; 02-06-11 at 12:05 PM.
    02-05-11 06:01 PM
    I went from a BB to Android and then back to BB and feel no need to go back to Android as my 9700 does everything I need it to do and does it as well if not better than my Androids. I will say they were older ones in a mytouch3G and a Cliq, but for my needs BB has always suited my needs better.

Also a big plus for a long time was UMA with BB's through TMobile...but now some Androids are doing wifi calling in the G2 IIRC..however since BB compresses data or RIM, however you look at it will be saving me money soon once I switch my wife back over to BB...and she is about there since the many issues with her mytouch as of late.

Weather compression slows me down some, so be it...I can wait the extra few seconds if to save some coin.

Don't get me wrong, I like the specs as it is impressive in a phone and dig most the hardware on most Androids, however I know what works for me.

Flame suite on, call me what you will...I can care less anymore.

Sometimes it feels good to be so out of date, lol!

02-06-11 12:04 PM
    I went from a BB to Android and then back to BB and feel no need to go back to Android as my 9700 does everything I need it to do and does it as well if not better than my Androids. I will say they were older ones in a mytouch3G and a Cliq, but for my needs BB has always suited my needs better.

Also a big plus for a long time was UMA with BB's through TMobile...but now some Androids are doing wifi calling in the G2 IIRC..however since BB compresses data or RIM, however you look at it will be saving me money soon once I switch my wife back over to BB...and she is about there since the many issues with her mytouch as of late.

Weather compression slows me down some, so be it...I can wait the extra few seconds if to save some coin.

Don't get me wrong, I like the specs as it is impressive in a phone and dig most the hardware on most Androids, however I know what works for me.

Flame suite on, call me what you will...I can care less anymore.

Sometimes it feels good to be so out of date, lol!

What works for you doesn't work for the majority of BB users fed up with slow laggy, plasticy devices. I purchased a 9700 back in November 20009 and there's no way it does anything better than any android device, i suggest your put your opinion up against the facts. You admit having older android devices so you're claims of your 9700 being better are invalid. Put your 9700 against any new Android device and come back to this thread.
    02-06-11 12:21 PM
    BBs are dinosaurs, and if RIM doesn't do something radical with their OS, soon, they will go the way of the dinosaur.
    02-06-11 12:35 PM
    What works for you doesn't work for the majority of BB users fed up with slow laggy, plasticy devices. I purchased a 9700 back in November 20009 and there's no way it does anything better than any android device, i suggest your put your opinion up against the facts. You admit having older android devices so you're claims of your 9700 being better are invalid. Put your 9700 against any new Android device and come back to this thread.
    I was basically comparing my 9700 to those older Android devices...lol! Take it from an arrogant Android user to say something like this...

I know my 9700 spec wise don't compare to new devices, duh....don't mean that device is better for me...did you even read my whole post or just skimmed over it and picked out the things you want to harp over?

Typical...

02-06-11 12:43 PM
    I went from a 9700 to a G2. No comparison, in my mind. I love the keyboard and everything about the G2. I honestly don't see myself going back to BB. I feel like the Android OS was just made for me....I love how it's set up, the apps, the hackability, everything.
    02-06-11 09:31 PM
    On Droid 2....I miss my blackberry. Only blackberry I ever owned was a Storm 9530
    02-07-11 12:36 AM
    Went from a Droid X back to a Curve 8330. I can now type messages fluidly again. I will just live with it until the successor to the Bold 9000 comes out.

02-07-11 03:52 PM
    Yes I'm kind of considering it, since my Cowan media player with 30GB of my music doesn't last long anymore due to its wearing out battery, I may consider using my Desire with 32GB SDcard for that as well as the apps over wifi. I kind of miss the physical keyboard the Curve has, I may switch to the Bold 9780 soon or wait for the Dakota.
    02-07-11 04:12 PM
    Went from a Droid X back to a Curve 8330. I can now type messages fluidly again. I will just live with it until the successor to the Bold 9000 comes out.

How long did you try the X. The little bit I messed with the phone, typing (for a touch screen) seemed pretty easy???
    02-07-11 07:18 PM
    How long did you try the X. The little bit I messed with the phone, typing (for a touch screen) seemed pretty easy???

Everyone is different. What works for YOU may not be someone elses cup of tea.
    02-07-11 10:25 PM
    Gezz louise dudes. Its just phones. Not everyone wants a more complex android and not everyone wants a more simplistic BB. As many here have stated it depends on an individuals needs and wants.

If you like to do some web browsing texting, email, a blackberry should meet your needs just fine.

If you want a phone that does more than I just stated go for Android, iphone etc. They have better gaming, more apps, faster processor etc. Some people want this some dont.

It all comes down to what a person does with their "telephone". If you use it mostly for a communication device a BB is a grat device. If you want to play all day on your phone (movies,games,loads of apps) an adroid, iphone is your chose.

Neither of the platforms is bad. They are both more than functionable for everyones daily needs. IMO the most important thing is the durability of the hardware on the phone. (Thats why I am opting out of the BB 9780 for right now)

Sigh. These arguments make me miss the days when a phone was just a phone.
    02-08-11 09:23 AM
    Tracphone rules!

02-08-11 09:27 AM
    Tracphone rules!

If it works for people. Go for it. I know many peope that just use a basic flip phone. Nothing wrong with it. Some people dont want to be connected to the internet, games, movies etc. all day long. They reserve that stuff for their leisure time at home.

I prefer something in the middle. Doesnt mean I hate android, because I dont.
    02-08-11 11:09 AM
    Tracphone rules!
    There are many days I miss my Moto E815!!! No emails to worry about, didn't have to replace it multiple times because of bad speakers or faulty screens, it was a heck of alot cheaper!
    02-08-11 11:48 AM
    Tracphone rules!

JitterBug FTW!!!!!!!

02-08-11 11:54 AM
    Consolidation screwed me over .
    02-08-11 12:28 PM
    There are many days I miss my Moto E815!!! No emails to worry about, didn't have to replace it multiple times because of bad speakers or faulty screens, it was a heck of alot cheaper!
    I seriously loved my Nokia 5160 on AT&T TDMA phone. It was a monster. I kept it four years! Lol. Those were the days...

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-08-11 at 01:32 PM.
    02-08-11 01:19 PM
    I would have to see QNX on a BB first in order to make the switch. I want nothing to do with OS 6.
    02-08-11 02:13 PM
    I would have to see QNX on a BB first in order to make the switch. I want nothing to do with OS 6.
    That's if QNX even lives up to expectations and is comparable to the other competitors OS's. I guess we will have to wait.
    02-08-11 03:00 PM
    I seriously loved my Nokia 5160 on AT&T TDMA phone. It was a monster. I kept it four years! Lol. Those were the days...

Wow, how did we function with so few buttons???? LOL
    02-08-11 03:36 PM
    I had been with BB for about 5 or 6 years with the last BB I had being the Storm. I switched last spring to the Droid on Verizon because I hated the Storm. The storm made me forget all the things I loved about BB. I loved my droid for the first 6 months or so because of all the new cool things I could do and how fast everything was. Android really is awesome. All that said, I could not get comfortable doing the day to day things on the Droid. It's the day in and day out functions that help me to serve my clients. Despite all the apps I downloaded I could not get the Droid the way I wanted it. I bought a used Tour last week for a good price. I am already more comfortable with it. It really does come down to personal use. I will reevaluate in the fall when my renewal is up with Verizon. I may go back to Android or I may stick with BB. I will probably look at the iphone as well. I won't know until I see the new phones over the next 8 months or so.

Who would have thought buying a phone could ever be such a complicated choice? It's nice to have choices though. Competition is great!
    02-08-11 03:58 PM
    That's if QNX even lives up to expectations and is comparable to the other competitors OS's. I guess we will have to wait.
    Exactly. I need to see it first.
    02-08-11 04:00 PM
267 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD