I was using ScreenModeWidget today, but I got too annoyed with it. The screen would unlock by pressing the side buttons or volume rocker. Got annoying in a hurry.
    11-11-09 05:04 PM
    See if this does what you're looking for.

Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA
    this software is just to sync and transfer stuff, not to "hide" pic folders like the bb can. the app photovault will make pictures private from the gallery and it's password protected, but if someone was looking thru your phone and saw "photo vault" they'd guess you're hiding photos (but they wouldn't be able to get to them)
    11-13-09 02:37 PM
    So if you use a holster (which protects the screen against accidental input, obviously) there is no way to set the Droid to let you just take it out of the holster and start using it without first having to press the button on the top and then swipe across the screen to "unlock" it?
    11-13-09 02:46 PM
    Not natively, no. But there's an app that fixes it quite easily. I used it for a day, but I got annoyed with it, because I didn't like the screen turning on to an unlocked homescreen if the button was pushed accidentally. Having to unlock it and swipe the screen doesn't bother me at all.
    11-13-09 02:50 PM
    Pressing the Menu Button twice wakes it up and bypasses the lock screen and takes you directly to the main screen
    11-13-09 02:54 PM
    Pressing the Menu Button twice wakes it up and bypasses the lock screen and takes you directly to the main screen
    On a G1, right?
    11-13-09 02:55 PM
    What I hate MOST, is when it locks during a call-

And you need to hit a prompt.

Unlock> Dialpad> '4'

By the time, you hit 4, the computer is letting me know that the selection wasn't registered.

Argh!
    11-13-09 02:56 PM
    What I hate MOST, is when it locks during a call-

And you need to hit a prompt.

Unlock> Dialpad> '4'

By the time, you hit 4, the computer is letting me know that the selection wasn't registered.

Argh!
    The Droid phone has never locked on me during a call. The proximity sensor disables the screen once the phone is in use. Once the phone is pulled away from your face, it activates the screen.
    11-13-09 02:59 PM
    On a G1, right?

Sprint HTC Hero
    11-13-09 03:01 PM
    The Droid phone has never locked on me during a call. The proximity sensor disables the screen once the phone is in use. Once the phone is pulled away from your face, it activates the screen.
    On mine, it locks.

The phones screen disables when it's on my face, when I pull it off, the screen powers on and is locked.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-13-09 at 03:34 PM.
    11-13-09 03:24 PM
    On mine, it locks.

The phones screen disables when it's on my face, when I pull it off, the screen powers on and is locked.
    I had that problem with one of the phone lock apps for my Storm. My Droid acts perfectly for phone calls.
    11-13-09 08:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD