12-09-10 01:20 AM
    army march. Army kill...
    12-09-10 03:22 AM
    resistance is futile.
    12-09-10 05:06 AM
    This is proof that the combination of open source OS, pushing the envelope of technology in smartphones, and rugged individualism are alive and well. At least when it comes to smartphones. Android has given the masses access to cheaper, better smartphone options that the market previously did not bare.
    SevereDeceit likes this.
    12-09-10 07:27 AM
    ^^ AGREED, x10000
    12-09-10 07:29 AM
    Like I have said from the beginning; it is the many against the one.
    I think that may partly have something to do with apple wanting to
    open up to other carriers (VZ).
    Hummmm maybe I will give an iphone a try
    12-09-10 08:07 AM
    Um...

Current Android phones on the market > > Probably over 50.
    Current BB's on the market > > About 5 or 6.
    Current iPhones on the market > > 2.

Yeah.
    12-09-10 08:45 AM
    Welcome to the Darkside...
    12-09-10 09:14 AM
    I don't know where I read it, but I think Moto is supposedly coming out with an Android flip? Not sure how that would be received. I think a clam shell would have been the order of the day. But, that's me.
    12-09-10 10:04 AM
    Like I have said from the beginning; it is the many against the one.
    I think that may partly have something to do with apple wanting to
    open up to other carriers (VZ).
    Hummmm maybe I will give an iphone a try
    I'm flirting with the idea. First Apple product owned?? It's a possibility!
    12-09-10 10:06 AM
    Don't hurt your shoulder patting yourselves on the back...
    12-09-10 10:26 AM
    From the impact, or the rotation in the actual patting motion?
    12-09-10 10:34 AM
    I'm flirting with the idea. First Apple product owned?? It's a possibility!
    I would do the usual buy and return....
    Apple would have to produce a phone that would....
    Well guys u know
    12-09-10 11:15 AM
    And all I can hear is the Imperial March over and over in my head.......
    12-09-10 12:05 PM
    Blah iPhone been there done that RETURNED that.........
    12-09-10 12:07 PM
    At this point in the smartphone game I think apple needs verizon more than verizon needs apple. By this time next year android will probably surpass apple as the most popular OS. I'm not saying 1 type of droid will outsell iphone because that would be impossible but collectively the numbers don't lie.

What comes to Verizon first? 4G Droid or Iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 12:19 PM
    At this point in the smartphone game I think apple needs verizon more than verizon needs apple. By this time next year android will probably surpass apple as the most popular OS. I'm not saying 1 type of droid will outsell iphone because that would be impossible but collectively the numbers don't lie.

What comes to Verizon first? 4G Droid or Iphone

To answer your question I think a 4G droid first then a LTE iPhone that will P*** off the the iPhone 4 users. Then VZW will say GAME SET AND MATCH or Checkmate....
    12-09-10 12:21 PM
    it's not really iphone that has to worry. it's "platforms" that really haven't yet transitioned to the computers-that-make-phone-calls paradigm. Do they know who they are? sometimes I have my doubts.
    12-09-10 12:23 PM
    This is proof that the combination of open source OS, pushing the envelope of technology in smartphones, and rugged individualism are alive and well. At least when it comes to smartphones. Android has given the masses access to cheaper, better smartphone options that the market previously did not bare.
    Well said!

12-09-10 12:55 PM
    I hope verizon never says checkmate, at that point, we will have to bend over and take it.
    To answer your question I think a 4G droid first then a LTE iPhone that will P*** off the the iPhone 4 users. Then VZW will say GAME SET AND MATCH or Checkmate....
    12-09-10 01:00 PM
    The iphone's problem has always been ATT. The phone/OS is decent enough for most people to pay for and use. The people I know who have one in AZ hate freaking ATT, they'd bolt for Vzn in a heartbeat. But by the time that deal is done the iphone itself might be regarded as an old beater phone compared to the latest android. What Apple does better than anybody is hype andadvertise their stuff. I still see some of the iphone ads on TV and go hmmmm, that looks pretty sweet. BB and Moto are not as good at that IMO.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 12-09-10 at 01:14 PM.
    12-09-10 01:10 PM
    I hope verizon never says checkmate, at that point, we will have to bend over and take it.
    Verizon will be for the top 2%
    The rest of us will get Sprint.........
    12-09-10 01:27 PM
    Verizon will be for the top 2%
    The rest of us will get Sprint.........
    Ha ha! ^_^
    12-09-10 01:34 PM
    Unless big buisness(Verizon,AT&T) decides they don't really like "open source" and "rugged individualism" by twisting Android with changes like...Bing and limited App loading.

12-12-10 08:56 AM
    For all the Verizon users in this thread...how many of you plan on buying iPhone if and when it comes to Verizon?
    12-12-10 09:37 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD