I don't know man, these "tablets" are the most pointless device ever made, as far as I'm concerned. My phone does everything they do with exception of video chatting and now that's becoming a common place feature on phones, so... yeah, wasteful item in my eyes. If I want to do internet based stuff I've got my laptop, a real computer. If I want to have portable internet use for convenience I've got my phone.
    It's all very dependant on what you want to use your device for. For example..my wife's a flight attendant..and got sick of packing the laptop with her wherever she went..so she figured she wanted a netbook for christmas. So I picked her up one..and we played with it on Christmas day. I barely got thru the setup and I was ready to smash the **** out of that thing. The mousepad was barely useable..and it was slow as ****. After being used to the internet on her i4..i knew the browsing on that thing would drive her nuts.

So there I am on Boxing Day...picking up an iPad for her..simply because it's much more portable..the internet browsing is very quick on it, and most important to her..she can get a few days use out of it with one charge without the power cords strewn all about (she's a bit of a non-clutter freak).
    Unless you're someone who plans on watching DVD's on a laptop..or running some type Window's program..then tablets are the perfect alternative.
    01-09-11 03:05 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD