Now that Android is on all the major carriers EXCEPT for AT&T, are there any set to launch on their network?

I heard originally that the XPERIA was set to launch on AT&T, but Androidcentral.com recently said it was set for launch on Tmo.

The Nexus, apparently is set for Tmobile as well.

So, yea-

Any love for AT&T?
    12-22-09 01:29 PM
    I don't think Apple would appreciate Android being on AT&T. And Apple...pretty much has AT&T by the gonads. AT&T mine as well rename themselves iMobile.
    12-22-09 01:31 PM
    Ever since the iPhone launched on AT&T, they have pretty much stopped releasing "innovative" phones...
    12-22-09 01:32 PM
    Yeah a smartphone on AT&T with more power than the iPhone lol then the network would die. It's on life support as it is...

LOL
    12-22-09 01:37 PM
    I love the android logo...
    12-22-09 01:37 PM
    Yeah the Bold came out on ATT this time last year and they stalled out. They're in bed with that iPhone (another year and a half to go on the 5 year deal). I wonder if they regret signing for so long with them.
    12-22-09 01:39 PM
    No one knows for sure how long the contract is.
    12-22-09 01:40 PM
    The Motorola Backflip is supposed to be coming to att with yahoo apps instead of google apps.
    12-22-09 01:46 PM
    Yahoo apps?

Wait... Yahoo is still alive? lol
    12-22-09 01:47 PM
    Yep. Att stripped out everything google.
    12-22-09 01:55 PM
    Ever since the iPhone launched on AT&T, they have pretty much stopped releasing "innovative" phones...
    I have been wondering lately if the iPhone is good for any carrier to have. It has killed AT&Ts innovation when it comes to phones and apparently it has killed AT&Ts network. In my opinion even though the iPhone is a good phone its bad for business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 02:11 PM
    This thread is creating a great deal of laughter!
    12-22-09 02:18 PM
    I have been wondering lately if the iPhone is good for any carrier to have. It has killed AT&Ts innovation when it comes to phones and apparently it has killed AT&Ts network. In my opinion even though the iPhone is a good phone its bad for business.

Choke AT&T's network. AT&T has basically turned it's back on expanding the network to support it's devices and users. Instead of AT&T saying we will expand the network and build more infrastructure. They say " we are going to bill iPhone user's by data usage." what a bunch of morons.
    12-22-09 02:42 PM
    I used a HTC G1 on AT&T for a little. There are Canadian Android phones that can be unlocked and used on AT&T 3G Data network until they get there own android...
    I wonder if their lack of Android phones has something to do with the whole open source fight they got into with Google a while ago? it seems AT&T has a chip on their shoulder towards google especially considering the only android phone they're talking about for the future is replacing Google goodness with yahoo crap... and throw in the fact that Android is a direct iPhone competitor make's
    me wonder if it might be a while yet till we see an "official" andorid on AT&T...
    12-22-09 02:42 PM
    and throw in the fact that Android is a direct iPhone competitor make's
    me wonder if it might be a while yet till we see an "official" andorid on AT&T...
    Perfectly fine by me. Considering how all my friends on AT&T loved to tell me, "You should get an iPhone, its great! Oh wait Verizon doesn't have it." Now all of them are anxiously awaiting an android based phone to come to AT&T. Now I get to tell them, "You should see what this Droid of mine can do, you seriously need to get an android phone...oh wait AT&T doesnt have it LOL"
    12-22-09 09:40 PM
    they can always get an unlocked android phone and use it on at&t. lol. it doesnt necessary have to be a droid. LOL the hero running android os 2.0 is pretty sick as it is.
    12-23-09 10:49 AM
    Now that Android is on all the major carriers EXCEPT for AT&T, are there any set to launch on their network?

I heard originally that the XPERIA was set to launch on AT&T, but Androidcentral.com recently said it was set for launch on Tmo.

The Nexus, apparently is set for Tmobile as well.

So, yea-

Any love for AT&T?
    The Sony XPERIA 10 Android phone just passed FCC with AT&T 3G bands, and a another version just passed with T-Mobile 3G bands. I would ASSUME this means AT&T is getting it considering people don't put phones through the FCC so they can sell them on Rogers in Canada.

I believe the Sony will be the highest general spec phone out when it hits, but I'm not sure if you can shut that Rachel GUI off. I would prefer Android 2.1 GUI or even Sense to that too much Blue card skin.
    12-23-09 12:48 PM
    Hopefully ATT dont get the android phone. "Its gonna be Like owning a Ferrari and driving 25MPH" hahaha
    12-23-09 03:16 PM
    they can always get an unlocked android phone and use it on at&t. lol. it doesnt necessary have to be a droid. LOL the hero running android os 2.0 is pretty sick as it is.
    Well they know that but that's with EDGE service. And let's not try to kid ourselves using any smart phone with less than 3G is kind of silly.

12-23-09 05:07 PM
    Well they know that but that's with EDGE service. And let's not try to kid ourselves using any smart phone with less than 3G is kind of silly.

It depends on what you're doing. I have WiFi most places. EDGE download speeds for webpages (that's what I use my data for, not tethering, not sending documents/photos much either) are about as fast as ATT's 3G speeds where I hang out in Phx, at least for Blackberry phones. Let's face it, ATT's 3G speeds just aren't all that fast in some cities. Verizon is way faster.
    12-23-09 05:14 PM
    And let's not try to kid ourselves using any smart phone with less than 3G is kind of silly.
    Yeah, all those silly Curve owners are hatin' life...
    12-23-09 05:21 PM

Not really, it depends on what you do. I don't need 3G for email, SMS, downloading an app, or for apps that use locations. I don't surf the web with it like it's my home/work PC, or tether a laptop so I could care less.

In the airport and hotel I am always on wifi as well.
    12-23-09 05:27 PM
    Yeah, all those silly Curve owners are hatin' life...
    Obviously I struck a note with an angry curve owner
    12-23-09 06:43 PM
    Choke AT&T's network. AT&T has basically turned it's back on expanding the network to support it's devices and users. Instead of AT&T saying we will expand the network and build more infrastructure. They say " we are going to bill iPhone user's by data usage." what a bunch of morons.
    Choke the network? Hey I have an idea if AT&T can get people to quit making plain old phone calls, then maybe more of calls the will go through! Naw that ain't going to happen!
    12-23-09 08:08 PM
    Perfectly fine by me. Considering how all my friends on AT&T loved to tell me, "You should get an iPhone, its great! Oh wait Verizon doesn't have it." Now all of them are anxiously awaiting an android based phone to come to AT&T. Now I get to tell them, "You should see what this Droid of mine can do, you seriously need to get an android phone...oh wait AT&T doesnt have it LOL"
    lol nice one
    12-27-09 07:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD