Im thinking about using my upgrade to move to the Incredible. And I have a question about the sms privacy/block feature like the BB Storm has. In the security > firewall options you can set it to block sms from numbers not listed in your contacts. Does the Android OS or Android phones have this similar option as well?
    05-23-10 10:49 PM
    As a former droid owner, yes it does, you can black some senders easilly. There is no firewall type option, you just block senders from your contacts, add them, etc.

I never received text messages from non contacts, but I saw over on the droid forums that you can block it after you get it through going to the call log and blocking the particular phone number.

I used both handscent and chomp as sms programs and I liked handscent better with voice capabilites with the droid, you can use speech to text and the reverse in the car for instance.

Chomp was like the iphone sms app that is also offered under its own name in the BB app market.

Both these apps are free by the way in the android market.
    05-24-10 01:29 PM
    Can you easily go in a enable disable the block option?
    For example with my BB, I can enable and disable the block option anytime I choose to.
    05-26-10 11:54 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD