It's still open source. It'll just be tougher for hangers-on to use Google's services. Like it or love it, Google had to do something.

But, as it stands, BlackBerry, Amazon, you or I could use the raw OS without joining OHA.
    Exactly. Android 100% open source. For example, Cyanogenmod contains pure Android without proprietary Google services/software.
    08-09-14 11:25 PM
    Exactly. Android 100% open source. For example, Cyanogenmod contains pure Android without proprietary Google services/software.
    The ONE Plus One comes with Cyanogenmod and Google Play services and from this CNET review it seems this "pure" Android mod is not so stable out of the gate.

http://www.cnet.com/products/oneplus-one/

Z30 and loving it!
    lift likes this.
    08-10-14 12:29 AM
    The ONE Plus One comes with Cyanogenmod and Google Play services and from this CNET review it seems this "pure" Android mod is not so stable out of the gate.

OnePlus One review - CNET

Z30 and loving it!
    I'm not familiar with oneplus. According to a comment it must be running the latest cyanogenmod build instead of a mature build.
    Also I should clarify, when I said pure android, I did not mean vanilla android. I meant Android without Google services. Cyanogenmod makes their own tweaks and tries to supercharge vanilla Android.
    08-10-14 12:50 AM
    Shhh....

QNX came from heaven, and you will NOT sully its reputation!!!

One thing I have learned as a long time member is that most things suck... until BBRY does it LOL.
    You sure you didn't mean Apple?

Z30 and loving it!
    lift and Tre Lawrence like this.
    08-10-14 01:14 AM
    You sure you didn't mean Apple?

Z30 and loving it!
    Apple does have it down to a science LOL.
    08-10-14 03:20 PM
    Good evening
    How can I charged os 10.3 on a BlackBerry Z10
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:14 PM
    Every Android device I have used being tablets to my family members Android phones have had crashing problems slowdowns and memory leaks and or ram usage problems why do I have to constantly use a ram booster app to boost my ram to stop slowdown when I play a game on my Galaxy Note 8.0?
    I have owned a PlayBook, a Z10 since it launched, and now have a Z30 not once have any of my BB10 phones ever slowed down or crashed including my PlayBook.

Regarding Android being unstable due to it being open source that comes from the fact that all the various phone manufacturers add their own customization to Android(such as Samsung with Touch Wiz)that mucks things up there is an old saying. "Too many chefs ruin the soup" that's what is Androids problem at the moment.

Lastly this is a BlackBerry fan blog site so whatever arguments you make regarding the superiority of Android or IOS over BB10 will fall on deaf ears.

Z30 and loving it!
    All I got to say to that is why argue numbers don't lie.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime using Tapatalk
    09-24-15 09:43 PM
107 ... 345