Is there a full free version of a screen capture app on the market ?
    09-01-10 10:50 PM
    Yes but you news root access to use them
    09-01-10 11:11 PM
    Yes but you news root access to use them
    +1

but you can do it via ADB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 07:43 AM
    Rooted Froyo 2.2. last nite via the walkthrough on XDA. Finally got my screen capture app. The rooting process was surprisingly easy.
    09-02-10 11:15 AM
    this is something I really think HTC should look to address in an update soon once their all done getting things froyo'd up. I like sense so I dont expect I'll be rooting any time soon. I had captureit when I first got the phone but their update fixed an exploitable hole in the system (kernal? lol, something) and it broke captureit

please HTC.. build an in house device default screen capture utility like you did bringing us an in house flashlight app (and fixing the led light in video capture)
    09-02-10 11:36 AM
    I'm sorry i sound like a newbie but I am Been a blackberry user for a long time so I don't understand what you guys are talking about right now lol what's root?
    09-02-10 07:38 PM
    I'm sorry i sound like a newbie but I am Been a blackberry user for a long time so I don't understand what you guys are talking about right now lol what's root?
    Rooting basically gives you admin rights to your phone. There are a lot of apps that you can not use unless your phone is rooted. Or have an alternate way around the root.
    09-02-10 07:42 PM
    Rooting basically gives you admin rights to your phone. There are a lot of apps that you can not use unless your phone is rooted. Or have an alternate way around the root.
    o ok so is root difficult to use or a beginner like myself can get the hang of quick? and whats the cons of doing root, anyway of it ruining your phone or software?

i know iphone can get highjacked and gets thousands of apps free. anyway evo can do the same.

thanks for hearing me out guys, in due time when i figure all this stuff out ill be answering people questions lol
    09-03-10 11:39 AM
    o ok so is root difficult to use or a beginner like myself can get the hang of quick? and whats the cons of doing root, anyway of it ruining your phone or software?

i know iphone can get highjacked and gets thousands of apps free. anyway evo can do the same.

thanks for hearing me out guys, in due time when i figure all this stuff out ill be answering people questions lol
    Read this regarding rooting Android 101: Rooting, Jailbreaking, and Unlocking | TheUnlockr

yes you can get free applications, it is NOT for beginners, it is NOT legal, and no we will not discuss on how to do it. it is AGAINST TOS of crackberry's forum.

09-03-10 11:45 AM
    o ok so is root difficult to use or a beginner like myself can get the hang of quick?
    Sure just take your time no rush.
    XDA has plenty of EVO users helping each other learn how to.

and whats the cons of doing root, anyway of it ruining your phone or software?
    No cons all positives.
    Don't worry about it ruining stock software & hardware all will be OK Enjoy what custom roms can bring.

My EVO

Android paid app apks are all over the web....are they free hmm yes but its stealing from developers which is a no no in my book.
    Buy the apps
    Last edited by Slingbox; 09-11-10 at 08:24 PM.
    09-11-10 07:58 PM

Think of rooting an Android device as jailbreaking an iPhone. Gives you access to settings and apps that otherwise aren't available. There are risks involved but for those that root, it's worth it.
    09-11-10 09:39 PM
    I use shoot me on my epic and it isn't rooted.

09-12-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD