Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Are Android apps as good as their iOS counterparts?

I'm an iPhone and BlackBerry user and I want a new phone, but I don't know. I was thinking of Note 2, iPhone 5 from 4 or waiting for a BB10. If I decide to go with Android, what are the apps like? Does it even matter? I use apps like Instagram quite a bit. I also have use for BBM and the BB emailing. Does waiting for a BB10 really matter? Or should I get a Note 2 or iPhone 5, and just stick a pay as you go sim in the BlackBerry for BBM/Emailing? I'm so confused...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

In my experience, generally yes. It all really depends on the developer, though. Apple is very strict in the app approval process - from what I've understood - and Android is very open. But my experience with both systems - Android apps are generally as good as the iOS counterpart, as far as high-profile apps go. Sometimes Android apps are even better than iOS versions. And sometimes, not as good as iOS versions. But all of the more popular, higher-profile apps on Android are at least as good as the iOS counterparts. Now I'm not talking about fart-type apps or the multitude of lower-profile apps such as that. The lower-profile apps on Android can be horrendous. That's because there's very little in the way of quality control in the system. On Android, the developer is responsible for quality control. On iOS, Apple's approval process is responsible for quality control.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,956 Global Posts

I've got an iPhone 5 and an i9000. Generally iOS app quality is higher, likely due to the app store approval process and the fact that Android apps need to be developed for a much larger range of devices.
    That being said, some apps are equal quality on Android and iOS. Some even off more functionality on Andriod that's not possible on iOS.