I'm starting to wonder will blackberry which to there software to Android...Because all the newer smartphones are starting to have it. So what are you guys feedback on this?
    12-20-09 12:39 AM
    RIM will not switch to the Android platform. Neither will Apple or Microsoft. The only way BBs would have an Android platform is if Google bought out RIM or RIM bought out Google. That is not going to happen.
    12-20-09 12:46 AM
    Yes, I agree, android is a completely separate company and platform, its like a mac coming out with a windows platform, it just doesn't happen. Will coke come out with a pepsi flavor? Lol, this is slightly silly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:53 AM
    I'm just wondering because all these new smartphones are switching to android
    12-20-09 08:14 AM
    Most of these new smartphones are from companies who have traditionally licensed windows mobile from Microsoft.
    12-20-09 08:40 AM
    I'm just wondering because all these new smartphones are switching to android
    You are wrong. The only smart phones that are using android ARE ANDROID PHONES. There are not even that many of them dude. You say it as if there are all these android phones coming out and there aren't. There are more BlackBerries.

And it's like this. BlackBerry is more reliable. BlackBerry listens to the customers. So I know they will come out with a phone that will do everything the motorola droid does plus more. I'm just wondering when it's going to happen.

I mean yeah they already do most of it but theres a few things I'd like to see done better. But still I wouldn't pick an android over a BlackBerry. The Android feels like a toy to me.
    12-20-09 09:37 AM
    Ya, feels like a toy....OK. It's funny coming from a curve owner. Clean your trackball and do a battery pull buddy...
    12-20-09 09:42 AM
    You are wrong. The only smart phones that are using android ARE ANDROID PHONES. There are not even that many of them dude. You say it as if there are all these android phones coming out and there aren't. There are more BlackBerries.

And it's like this. BlackBerry is more reliable. BlackBerry listens to the customers. So I know they will come out with a phone that will do everything the motorola droid does plus more. I'm just wondering when it's going to happen.

I mean yeah they already do most of it but theres a few things I'd like to see done better. But still I wouldn't pick an android over a BlackBerry. The Android feels like a toy to me.
    If RIM listened to or gave a crap about the customer they would have already updated their out of date OS, fix the memory leaks...the list goes on! How often do ya have to restart your curve? How long does it take? So like Joey said go clean your trackball and pull your battery...oh and do some reading cause you sir know nothing!
    12-20-09 09:59 AM
    Back to Android 2.1 ... the guys have just released a manual install for the 2.1 News and Weather App/Widget. It is very cool and works great!!

Get a "little slice" of 2.1 now .... Google news widget works on droid

Google news widget works on droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Great App! You need to check allow install of non marketplace apps...
    12-20-09 10:25 AM

Yea they sure will come out with a great phone, like the storm, oops I mean the storm 2, no wait...............
    12-20-09 12:16 PM
    it's funny how the most critically acclaimed phones (iphone, droid) are always called toys. i guess it makes sense though - my buddy calls his AK-47 a toy
    12-20-09 01:50 PM
    I actually use the Tour not the curve. I just haven't updated my thing on here. And yeah I feel like my Tour is much more reliable. The droid feels like a toy compared to the tour.
    12-20-09 02:22 PM
    If RIM listened to or gave a crap about the customer they would have already updated their out of date OS, fix the memory leaks...the list goes on! How often do ya have to restart your curve? How long does it take? So like Joey said go clean your trackball and pull your battery...oh and do some reading cause you sir know nothing!
    I don't never have to do a battery pull in my tour and didn't in my curve much either. It does get one when I change to my spare battery.

I've also never cleaned the track ball on either one of them.

The trackball and battery pull has nothing to do with my opinion on the droid vs my tour.
    12-20-09 02:24 PM
    I actually use the Tour not the curve. I just haven't updated my thing on here. And yeah I feel like my Tour is much more reliable. The droid feels like a toy compared to the tour.
    My wife has a curve. It's like comparing Windows 3.1 to Macs Snow Leopard.

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. Still after having a Storm for a year and now owning a Droid the Storm feels like it belongs in that commercial, you know, the one with the sad useless toys.

Hey how reliable was it 2 days ago when BIS went out all day? We didn't have any problem with our email.
    12-20-09 02:34 PM
    My wife has a curve. It's like comparing Windows 3.1 to Macs Snow Leopard.

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. Still after having a Storm for a year and now owning a Droid the Storm feels like it belongs in that commercial, you know, the one with the sad useless toys.

Hey how reliable was it 2 days ago when BIS went out all day? We didn't have any problem with our email.
    But again, I'm not comparing the curve. I use a tour. And I've never had BB go out. Not one time. I don't know if it just doesn't in my area or what. But I get my e-mail at anytime but I have read stories about it going out. But still it seems more reliable than anything else. The thing is solid. Period. The president of the united states uses a BlackBerry. Howard Stern uses a BlackBerry. Some of the worlds more busy people use BlackBerrys. You won't see the president with a droid.. You won't see stern with a droid.. See my point? It's more like a toy. The BlackBerry just doesn't look or feel like a toy to me.
    12-20-09 02:44 PM
    But again, I'm not comparing the curve. I use a tour. And I've never had BB go out. Not one time. I don't know if it just doesn't in my area or what. But I get my e-mail at anytime but I have read stories about it going out. But still it seems more reliable than anything else. The thing is solid. Period. The president of the united states uses a BlackBerry. Howard Stern uses a BlackBerry. Some of the worlds more busy people use BlackBerrys. You won't see the president with a droid.. You won't see stern with a droid.. See my point? It's more like a toy. The BlackBerry just doesn't look or feel like a toy to me.
    So, in your opinion, the more functional the phone, the more of a toy it is? My wife has a Tour (which I used for a couple days before giving to her) and she would rather have the Droid. IN defense of the tour though, I think it is the best BB there is. I like it a lot, and she likes it more than the Curve and definatly more than the Storm 1.

As for the business people you mentioned, of course I can't say for sure, but in more than likely has to do with contracts and the like. Why would they want the Droid, or Android OS? If they have been using BB for years? And if they are under cotnract with BB for provision of communication services? I just don't see the toy aspect.
    12-20-09 02:57 PM
    So, in your opinion, the more functional the phone, the more of a toy it is? My wife has a Tour (which I used for a couple days before giving to her) and she would rather have the Droid. IN defense of the tour though, I think it is the best BB there is. I like it a lot, and she likes it more than the Curve and definatly more than the Storm 1.

As for the business people you mentioned, of course I can't say for sure, but in more than likely has to do with contracts and the like. Why would they want the Droid, or Android OS? If they have been using BB for years? And if they are under cotnract with BB for provision of communication services? I just don't see the toy aspect.
    I'm just saying, I am in the radio business myself. And I can guarantee you noone who works on the show will walk in with a droid. The BlackBerry just does what it does well.

And none of us are under contract. I like the droid. I'm just saying it doesn't have as many productivity tools and it has more "fun" tools. Almost every review I've read says this anyway. I haven't personally been on the app world on the droid.

The BlackBerry will always have the best support and an app that will do everything.

Droid is a cool phone. But I'm just saying in the business world it's not on the same level. I can run a list of things I do with my BlackBerry that the droid won't do that I know of if you want me to.

And go into the Tour forum on this website. How many people are saying, "I made the mistake of getting the droid I want my tour back!" and they list a number of reasons.

I mean I don't care that much like it might have sounded. I know on here people take this stuff VERY serious. It's not like I care if someone has a droid. I'm just saying for me, I can't imagine going to work with a droid over my BlackBerry. I'd be made fun of for a while. LOL but that's not my reason for not having it.
    12-20-09 03:18 PM
    LOL Howard Stern. The dude can't even use his computer LOL. Love him though, should be days till he gets a Droid

You might wanna do a batt pull on your posts

12-20-09 03:31 PM
    I'm just saying, I am in the radio business myself. And I can guarantee you noone who works on the show will walk in with a droid. The BlackBerry just does what it does well.

And none of us are under contract. I like the droid. I'm just saying it doesn't have as many productivity tools and it has more "fun" tools. Almost every review I've read says this anyway. I haven't personally been on the app world on the droid.

The BlackBerry will always have the best support and an app that will do everything.

Droid is a cool phone. But I'm just saying in the business world it's not on the same level. I can run a list of things I do with my BlackBerry that the droid won't do that I know of if you want me to.

And go into the Tour forum on this website. How many people are saying, "I made the mistake of getting the droid I want my tour back!" and they list a number of reasons.

I mean I don't care that much like it might have sounded. I know on here people take this stuff VERY serious. It's not like I care if someone has a droid. I'm just saying for me, I can't imagine going to work with a droid over my BlackBerry. I'd be made fun of for a while. LOL but that's not my reason for not having it.
    Yeah, I am not going to fight over which phone is better and such as I think that is stupid anyhow. I just persoanlly don't see the labeling of "toy" that is all. As long as the ex-Storm owners aren't complaining if they switched to Droid and want back
    12-20-09 03:55 PM
    People can say whatever they want and there will be as many opinions as there are people. I love my eris and because its so customizable, its exactly what I need for my lifestyle. I am a former storm owner and absolutely do not miss it

12-20-09 04:01 PM
    Yeah, I am not going to fight over which phone is better and such as I think that is stupid anyhow. I just persoanlly don't see the labeling of "toy" that is all. As long as the ex-Storm owners aren't complaining if they switched to Droid and want back
    According to BB users, anything that is not a BB is labeled a toy. Welcome to the world of iPhones. People don't realize it is all about how the user uses their device. I'm sure there are people who use Android for their business needs that can run circles around people who use BBs for business. It all depends on the user.

Remember, BBs come stock with 4 games, not android or iPhone OS.
    12-20-09 04:07 PM
    According to BB users, anything that is not a BB is labeled a toy. Welcome to the world of iPhones. People don't realize it is all about how the user uses their device. I'm sure there are people who use Android for their business needs that can run circles around people who use BBs for business. It all depends on the user.

Remember, BBs come stock with 4 games, not android or iPhone OS.
    Gotcha. I mean, I don't use my phone for fun and games, it helps me function in my self employment business. The only game I have on there is Solitaire, and I may have played it onl once. I have arond 60 apps, and don't remember downloding one for entertainment, maybe entertainment information such s sports scores.

if one thinks BB is going too give higher security, I think they are mistaken, in fact I think there is thread on that right now. If someone wants our info, they will get it. Be it RIM, Google, Apple, or the guy under the bridge. I like the ability to go to google website and enter my calendar info and it syncs automatincally. Plus it is available on any computer, and not just the one at home with the Outlook program on it.

I know most physicians use the iPhone so they can view MRI and other radiographs on it in a more funcational setting such as multitouch and panning. Don't see a reason why the Droid couldn't do the same (except for the reports of security whcih I think are unfounded). Would like to see them do that on a Tour's track ball or need to do 8 battery pulls on a Storm to do that. I would still make an educated guess that RIM pays the government or issues some sort of free services to the government for use of their phones, but I could be wrong. Doesn't really matter.
    12-20-09 05:02 PM
    Sorry. But you get my drift...

And the comment makes no sense about Howard Stern. Howard Stern does know how to use his BlackBerry. He has a tour now because his bold was on AT&T and the service was horrible so he went to Verizon.

And he has to have the BlackBerry to do certain things that other phones can't do. But he actually done a LOT of research on BlackBerry. He learned pretty much everything you can learn about the phone. And he is an old palm user.

I'm glad he went with Verizon because I used to have AT&T too and I know how crappy their service and internet coverage is. Even in big cities you don't get all your calls. BB and verizon work well.

Seems like cdma is always better.

You guys are over exaggerating the battery pull. Before I had a spare battery I went 6 full weeks without doing a battery pull. But of course I know how to use my phone properly.

Now the only time it gets a battery pull is when I decide to put in my spare battery because I don't want my phone on the charger and want to put in another fully charged battery. My girlfriend has a curve and she hasn't done a battery pull since October when she installed some app. She has a skin over hers and hasn't even taken it off since she got it in October.

So go figure. I think you just need to know how to use the phone. Don't keep apps running you aren't using.

I've heard much worse about the droid. Freezing and crashing and everything else.
    12-20-09 05:08 PM

I can run a list of things I do with my BlackBerry that the droid won't do that I know of if you want me to...
    I'm interested in your list. I've used a bb for work for the past 5 years. There is very little, mostly non essential stuff, my droid won't do that the bb will. I'll give you one for example, syncing my notes with outlook.

Other than that I'm not missing anything. I think what you'll find with your list is that people really aren't aware of the android's capabilities especiially considering 3rd party support. So let's see your list and see if we can't educate you some on what android is capable of.
    12-20-09 05:13 PM
    I'm interested in your list. I've used a bb for work for the past 5 years. There is very little, mostly non essential stuff, my droid won't do that the bb will. I'll give you one for example, syncing my notes with outlook.

Other than that I'm not missing anything. I think what you'll find with your list is that people really aren't aware of the android's capabilities especiially considering 3rd party support. So let's see your list and see if we can't educate you some on what android is capable of.
    Some of these I'm sure is on droid. Just listing what all I use One thing I prefer to email and text quickly. The droids keyboard did NOT feel good to me at all and the one on the screen wasn't even as good as the one on the storm.

Well for one I prefer the way the e-mail works on the BlackBerry.
    I use BlackBerry messenger with co workers.
    Lotus Notes.
    BB notepad
    myspace
    Facebook
    Weather bug
    Bolt
    Memo pad
    Tasks
    calculator
    Gps
    Dictionary app
    Gmail app
    Bing app
    Google sync with bb calendar
    alarm clock
    An app that is like excel
    A photo editing app.
    I use more apps also but those are the main ones.

Most I'm sure droid will do. Lotus notes? maybe I'm not sure. BB messenger it def won't and I got to have that. And from the comparison videos ALL of them say if e-mail is important to you then stick with blackberry that droid's email features just don't compare. This even coming from the droid people on their review. All the reviews also said if you want to text and send a lot of emails quickly then the tour is the best route possible right now.
    12-20-09 05:25 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD