Not sure if you guys are aware but Android 2.2 w/ Sense leaked last night. I am running it on my phone and everything works and is very smooth. Quadrant scores with the stock kernel are around 1200

[ROM]Leaked Stock 2.2 with Sense [EVERYTHING WORKS!!] - xda-developers
    07-28-10 07:31 AM
    man I thought more people would be interested in this lol
    07-28-10 09:45 AM
    thats pretty sweet for the incredible owners, that means official is right around the corner. come on droid x lol
    07-28-10 09:51 AM
    very nice. sense ui with froyo is really the best way to experience an android phone, imo.
    07-28-10 12:47 PM
    Only 1200 Quadrant score? Wow I definitely thought it would have been higher. Not bad though.

I hope this comes for the X soon! I'm currently getting 1298 and would love to see the difference.
    07-28-10 12:50 PM
    Only 1200 Quadrant score? Wow I definitely thought it would have been higher. Not bad though.

I hope this comes for the X soon! I'm currently getting 1298 and would love to see the difference.
    i think the 1200 quad is because of sense. one guy running cyanogenmod on his incredible (stock froyo) got a benchmark of 1500
    07-28-10 12:53 PM
    i think the 1200 quad is because of sense. one guy running cyanogenmod on his incredible (stock froyo) got a benchmark of 1500
    That's still nothing that spectacular. My Droid with Froyo was getting 1600-1700.
    07-28-10 12:55 PM
    Yeah 2.2 leaked for the Milestone as well.
    07-28-10 01:05 PM

This is why I don't give much consideration to benchmarks. I've seen time and time again where devices with higher overall benchmarks aren't as snappy or smooth as devices with lower benches. Especially so when the user experience with the stock UI is taken into consideration.

Either way it's good to see HTC stepping up to the plate and debunking the statements of sense significantly delaying 2.2...
    07-28-10 04:02 PM
    That's still nothing that spectacular. My Droid with Froyo was getting 1600-1700.
    Your droid w/ stock froyo is about 700-800 at best. I did a quadrant on my droid with 2.1 today and it was 336 and than 352... I am running stock everything, nothing overclocked, nothing removed etc etc. Plus Sense UI + Incredible form factor > anything else out there right now.
    07-28-10 04:42 PM
    Your droid w/ stock froyo is about 700-800 at best. I did a quadrant on my droid with 2.1 today and it was 336 and than 352... I am running stock everything, nothing overclocked, nothing removed etc etc. Plus Sense UI + Incredible form factor > anything else out there right now.
    No, it's 1600-1700. My Droid is overclocked though so that's why. My Droid at 1GHz is getting 1200. I haven't tried stock speed because I don't keep my Droid stock. Lol did you really think I meant my Droid was 1600-1700 at 550Mhz? A quick look in the Droid Bugless beat section will show you others are getting the same benchmarks.

The Incredible form factor is nice. But honestly, I like the X a whole lot better. Fits great in my hand, and I just like everything about it. Sense is nice but I prefer Vanilla Android.
    07-28-10 04:48 PM
    This is why I don't give much consideration to benchmarks. I've seen time and time again where devices with higher overall benchmarks aren't as snappy or smooth as devices with lower benches. Especially so when the user experience with the stock UI is taken into consideration.

Either way it's good to see HTC stepping up to the plate and debunking the statements of sense significantly delaying 2.2...
    Yea I know what you mean. But my devices are getting higher benchmarks and they are also very snappy. I haven't seen my X lag once. I also removed a lot of bloatware. It is very nice to see HTC moving along quickly though. Hopefully everyone else follows suit.
    07-28-10 04:50 PM
    No, it's 1600-1700. My Droid is overclocked though so that's why. My Droid at 1GHz is getting 1200. I haven't tried stock speed because I don't keep my Droid stock. Lol did you really think I meant my Droid was 1600-1700 at 550Mhz? A quick look in the Droid Bugless beat section will show you others are getting the same benchmarks.

The Incredible form factor is nice. But honestly, I like the X a whole lot better. Fits great in my hand, and I just like everything about it. Sense is nice but I prefer Vanilla Android.
    Apparently you didnt get what I said by STOCK. Meaning no overclock or anything. Remember I have a droid also so I know what the benchmarks can get. However even when im getting 1500+ on the Droid the DInc is still smother and a better experience when its running 2.1. Now that im running 2.2 its not even a contest.

I dont like the DX and I think the version of Moto Blur on it is awful. Luckily Launcher Pro is a good home replacement if you have that phone. But to each his own. The DX is a good phone, but I dont like the size and I prefer Sense UI. However 3.0 may be pretty sweet
    07-28-10 06:21 PM
    Gotta disagree there with ya. I used to have the incredible but have the droid x now and its definitely better. I put em side by side and the x is faster at everything. It also has 8gigs of space to store apps so now I won't feel like I'm running out of space anymore.

The battery life on the x also lasts at least twice as long as the incredibles. Hopefully froyo will bring it better battery life but thank goodness my wife isn't a heavy user.

Bad4l
    07-28-10 11:34 PM
    Apparently you didnt get what I said by STOCK. Meaning no overclock or anything. Remember I have a droid also so I know what the benchmarks can get. However even when im getting 1500+ on the Droid the DInc is still smother and a better experience when its running 2.1. Now that im running 2.2 its not even a contest.

I dont like the DX and I think the version of Moto Blur on it is awful. Luckily Launcher Pro is a good home replacement if you have that phone. But to each his own. The DX is a good phone, but I dont like the size and I prefer Sense UI. However 3.0 may be pretty sweet
    I wrote that i didn't try stock. I know what stock means lol.
    07-28-10 11:56 PM
    Gotta disagree there with ya. I used to have the incredible but have the droid x now and its definitely better. I put em side by side and the x is faster at everything. It also has 8gigs of space to store apps so now I won't feel like I'm running out of space anymore.

The battery life on the x also lasts at least twice as long as the incredibles. Hopefully froyo will bring it better battery life but thank goodness my wife isn't a heavy user.

Bad4l
    Umm... I was talking about the Droid not Droid X...... If you honestly think that the Droid X is soooo much faster in day to day usage than the Incredible your mistaken. My friend has a Droid X and I dont like it. The size is to big, the camera doesnt take as good of pictures consistently and starts way slower, and I hate the UI on it.

If you really think you will run out of space on either phone for apps your insane. I have 72 apps on it right now and it takes up 58 MB, I have 605 MB left on my internal memory for apps sooo that means I would need to download roughly 700 more before I would even need to worry about it filling up. I am attaching a link with my apps on the bottom if you would like to look for yourself.

I agree about the battery life, but I have a 3500 mah battery so it doesnt matter. The X doesnt last twice as long but it does last longer.

Like I said the DX is a good phone, but it has its downfalls just like the DInc. But to say that one is better than the other for the points you mentioned is just ridiculous.

abahr's Apps on the phone
    07-29-10 07:25 AM
    Looking forward to the update on my Dinc!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 11:23 AM
    Why are you guys fighting about which phone is better? Honestly, they are almost exactly the same. Some will like the X better and some will like the Inc.
    07-29-10 11:39 AM
    Umm... I was talking about the Droid not Droid X...... If you honestly think that the Droid X is soooo much faster in day to day usage than the Incredible your mistaken. My friend has a Droid X and I dont like it. The size is to big, the camera doesnt take as good of pictures consistently and starts way slower, and I hate the UI on it.

If you really think you will run out of space on either phone for apps your insane. I have 72 apps on it right now and it takes up 58 MB, I have 605 MB left on my internal memory for apps sooo that means I would need to download roughly 700 more before I would even need to worry about it filling up. I am attaching a link with my apps on the bottom if you would like to look for yourself.

I agree about the battery life, but I have a 3500 mah battery so it doesnt matter. The X doesnt last twice as long but it does last longer.

Like I said the DX is a good phone, but it has its downfalls just like the DInc. But to say that one is better than the other for the points you mentioned is just ridiculous.

abahr's Apps on the phone
    im stealing some of your apps LOL
    07-29-10 11:53 AM
    Why are you guys fighting about which phone is better? Honestly, they are almost exactly the same. Some will like the X better and some will like the Inc.
    Thats the point I was trying to make in my posts.....
    07-29-10 12:03 PM
    im stealing some of your apps LOL
    Lol, which ones you stealin?
    07-29-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD