According to all of the documents I've seen, and the Droid Support site on Verizon, it looks as if Droid owners will be able to update tomorrow.

Android 2.2 Update Guide
    08-02-10 02:37 PM
    According to all of the documents I've seen, and the Droid Support site on Verizon, it looks as if Droid owners will be able to update tomorrow.

Android 2.2 Update Guide
    It would be nice...that is for those who aren't rooted
    08-02-10 02:54 PM
    It will start rolling out tomorrow. You might have to wait a few days to get the update notice on your phone.
    08-02-10 02:55 PM
    I can't wait!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 03:18 PM
    You made my day!
    08-03-10 01:05 AM
    I'm still going to get a 9650 on Wednesday, hopefully.
    08-03-10 01:11 AM
    I just manually updated my Droid to 2.2. Time to see how much better it is!
    08-03-10 03:09 PM
    The Droid does deserve to get it first being a former Droid owner.
    So I can't hate on ya'll.
    Ohhhhhh what the heck!
    U BA$****$.............................

Ok all better now
    08-03-10 03:25 PM
    08-03-10 03:36 PM
    I can't get it to work. When I download it, it says not supported by the phone. I have 2.1. Any ideas?
    08-03-10 06:46 PM
    I can't get it to work. When I download it, it says not supported by the phone. I have 2.1. Any ideas?
    Are unrooted, on stock ESE81?
    08-03-10 07:37 PM
    You need to download the file to your computer and move it over to the main folder of your SD Card when the phone is mounted. Once done, you turn phone off and start device up by holding X and Power Button at the same time until an icon appears. You than need to push the camera button and volume up at the same time. From here you select BOOT FROM SD CARD and load it up. I followed these steps for both my friend and I. I noticed Flash wasn't working properly (a lot have said this) so I also found a 3rd party link that is confirmed to be official and now Flash works flawlessly.

Disclaimer: I don't take any responsibility for you bricking your device.
    08-03-10 07:55 PM
    Boot from SD card? I don't see that anywhere. I put it on the card but it aborts every time. Any ideas?
    08-03-10 10:42 PM
    You have it on the root of the SD card and it isn't named update.zip.zip?
    08-03-10 10:54 PM
    Got it, thanks for the help.

Take care.
    08-04-10 12:13 AM
    Has anyone had Adobe Flash downloaded correctly? I got it from the market but it redirects me to the adobe site to download. Also, do I need Java Script turned on when using it?
    08-04-10 12:51 AM
    Yes, I downloaded it from a third party source that's confirmed to work. Your computer security may say the site is harmful but it's not. Go to the following link and download it directly to your computer and move it over to your SD Card:

com.adobe.flashplayer-3.apk

You'll need to install Astro File Manager from the Android Market to access this file from your SD Card. Once the file is on your SD Card and Astro is installed, you can run it via Astro and install it. Once done, your device will now support flash.

Note: The Froyo Android 2.2 supports Flash but it never included it. I believe the Flash application will be available in the near future on the Market but the application you're seeing now is nothing more than a launcher to their webpage (m.flash.com). Once Flash is installed, the webpage will show a list of around 80 Flash supported websites but there is no real purpose for it. Android will tell you that unknown sources are not allowed to be installed unless you allow it to. Your phone will bring up a screen and allow you to enable it. Once this is done, proceed with the installation of Flash.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 08-04-10 at 01:07 AM.
    08-04-10 01:04 AM
    Couple of things. I downloaded the file for flash as instructed, installed it and yet it won't work on flash websites. It tells me it's not installed but I know for sure I installed it when I used astro file manager

Secondly, should I use Java Script with the new froyo browser or does it really matter that much. I have it shut off in my prior usage. Thoughts on Java.

Thanks
    08-04-10 02:13 AM
    Couple of things. I downloaded the file for flash as instructed, installed it and yet it won't work on flash websites. It tells me it's not installed but I know for sure I installed it when I used astro file manager

Secondly, should I use Java Script with the new froyo browser or does it really matter that much. I have it shut off in my prior usage. Thoughts on Java.

Thanks
    That's strange. I installed the file via Astro and had no problems. As I mentioned above - I did this on 2 separate Droid's so it should work. Try m.flash.com and see if Flash is working. It's possible the website you went to is like Hulu and doesn't allow it.

As for Java Script - I guess it's a personal preference. I have it enabled at all times.
    08-04-10 03:33 AM
    Isn't it common knowledge that on smartphones, it is best to uncheck Java Script? I know that when I do, my browsing speeds go up big time....especially with Froyo.

Thoughts from everyone.
    08-04-10 09:57 AM
    Isn't it common knowledge that on smartphones, it is best to uncheck Java Script? I know that when I do, my browsing speeds go up big time....especially with Froyo.

Thoughts from everyone.
    What is Java Script used for anyway. I did uncheck it and my browser flies.
    Not trying to hijack thanks
    08-04-10 11:22 AM
    All I know is that when you use Flash with Froyo, you have to check Java Script and this made my browser come to a crawl. I don't need flash, it's not ready for primetime.

As for your question about Java.....from what I understand, some sites need it turned on to show content. From my experience and the sites like CNN, Fox News and such, I don't need Java.
    08-04-10 11:26 AM
    All I know is that when you use Flash with Froyo, you have to check Java Script and this made my browser come to a crawl. I don't need flash, it's not ready for primetime.

As for your question about Java.....from what I understand, some sites need it turned on to show content. From my experience and the sites like CNN, Fox News and such, I don't need Java.
    Thanks...........
    I unchecked it and my browser flys
    08-04-10 11:32 AM
    I dont get what the big deal is about froyo on the Droid 1. I've been running it on my Droid for over a month and it's not even a big deal anymore. The phone still lags and has limited memory. Motorola should have put way more memory in the Droid like they did with the X and Galaxy S. 256MB is not enough memory to store apps if you wanna download over 100 of em. Thank goodness for apps2sd at least.
    08-04-10 11:35 AM
    I dont get what the big deal is about froyo on the Droid 1. I've been running it on my Droid for over a month and it's not even a big deal anymore. The phone still lags and has limited memory. Motorola should have put way more memory in the Droid like they did with the X and Galaxy S. 256MB is not enough memory to store apps if you wanna download over 100 of em. Thank goodness for apps2sd at least.
    So because you are getting a Droid X (saw that in another thread) you feel the need to pi$$ on the Droid now? lol classic.
    08-04-10 11:46 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD