Seems that Android 2.1 is being tested on the phones already. People here post that Moto Droid has 2.0 exclusively, I guess 2.1 will have to do for the rest of us. Interesting choice of hardware to test it on, too.

Android 2.1 spotted running on a Hero � Boy Genius Report
    11-30-09 11:52 AM
    Seems that Android 2.1 is being tested on the phones already. People here post that Moto Droid has 2.0 exclusively, I guess 2.1 will have to do for the rest of us. Interesting choice of hardware to test it on, too.

That is interesting.......
    11-30-09 12:04 PM

Yeah, I am sure the Sprint Hero will be the only phone to get it too.

You need to quit talking about the Hero like it was handed to you straight from god.

Hearing how you talk about the thing it's like it gives you a hand job every morning or something.
    11-30-09 12:10 PM
    Wow!!!!!!!!
    11-30-09 12:11 PM

You need to quit talking about the Hero like it was handed to you straight from god.

Hearing how you talk about the thing it's like it gives you a hand job every morning or something.
    Man, you aren't even original enough to get your own material? Hand job, really? You completely ripped off that dude that had an original thought when he posted that about the Droid, and then claim it for yourself? You're so creative, and original, I'm sure your friends love to say witty things around you, so you can take their ideas as your own.

I never said its the only phone that would get it, I also (unlike the Droidbots) never said 2.0 in any variation was exclusive to any device. Again, nice job ripping off other posters schtick, you're so creative.

This is interesting news, its good news for all Android owners that 2.1 is coming. Do you seriously think HTC is going to go from the worlds leading Android phone maker and innovator to second place behind motorola who wasn't even trusted enough to have autonomy over their own phone and had to have Google do all the work?
    Last edited by Semantics; 11-30-09 at 12:17 PM.
    11-30-09 12:13 PM
    Why do you constantly bash other people and Droid owners? It's really excessive and unnecessary.
    11-30-09 12:17 PM
    Why do you constantly bash other people and Droid owners? It's really excessive and unnecessary.
    Who am I bashing? Its okay to post news links here, but I can't post a news link here? I believe I got bashed in this thread, for simply stating that I found a piece of interesting news. Now, if you expect I'm going to go quietly into the night and let people hurl salvos at me, then you are mistaken.
    11-30-09 12:22 PM
    Who am I bashing? Its okay to post news links here, but I can't post a news link here? I believe I got bashed in this thread, for simply stating that I found a piece of interesting news. Now, if you expect I'm going to go quietly into the night and let people hurl salvos at me, then you are mistaken.
    I don't get it. Why are we supposed to be bashing you again?
    11-30-09 12:31 PM

By the way, thank you for the link.

Edit: I apologize I don't know why that posted twice. Stupid computer
    11-30-09 12:31 PM
    U did nothing wrong Semantics.........
    11-30-09 12:43 PM

This was probably way over the top though
    11-30-09 12:44 PM
    Apparently because I posted this link, it makes my HTC Hero pleasure me in the morning, not sure otherwise.
    11-30-09 01:05 PM
    This was probably way over the top though
    Definitely way over the top.

Looks like somebody is jealous that their phone didn't give them an HJ this morning
    11-30-09 01:05 PM
    Definitely way over the top.

Looks like somebody is jealous that their phone didn't give them an HJ this morning
    Will the Droid do that with OS version 2.1? If so I'll sign up. If not I'll wait for <drumroll> the PASSION!
    11-30-09 01:21 PM
    Will the Droid do that with OS version 2.1? If so I'll sign up. If not I'll wait for <drumroll> the PASSION!
    My Moto already does
    11-30-09 01:30 PM
    Curious though...If 2.1 speeds up the phone and extends the battery life, this may be a really good phone. This also may put a dent in the droids armor. My biggest issue with the Eris as I tested the droid side by side was the lag. The screen, albeit beautiful on the droid did not disway me from the beauty of the Eris. If the speed improves I will probably go to the eris.

Decisions Decisions...
    11-30-09 01:51 PM
    Almost all the Android phones are getting upgraded to 2.x. Old news.
    11-30-09 02:29 PM
    Almost all the Android phones are getting upgraded to 2.x. Old news.
    Exactly, im not sure why some folk think this is just coming to the hero/eris
    11-30-09 02:49 PM
    i like my eris a lot, if and when we get 2.0, well, that would be super awesome.
    11-30-09 02:51 PM
    My Moto already does
    Eh I don't know. The slider function, though having potential, kinda scares me a bit. You'd never know when it would decide to snap shut.
    11-30-09 05:11 PM
    I see things are still the same around here.

Don't slight Verizon or their phones as the fanboys go crazy. Geez growTF up it's a company that could really careless about your fanaticism, although Motorola probably appreciates the fanboism.
    11-30-09 05:20 PM
    Exactly, im not sure why some folk think this is just coming to the hero/eris
    Not one person stated it was going to be exclusive to the Hero/Eris. Don't let facts get in the way when making statements, though.
    11-30-09 05:22 PM
    Not one person stated it was going to be exclusive to the Hero/Eris. Don't let facts get in the way when making statements, though.
    Look guy i wasnt talking to u or I would have mentioned u, no need to get ur panties in a bind...im sure i posted this while looking at a blog or something and crossed the two who knows....but relax
    11-30-09 05:35 PM

I didn't take that as mine. I just thought it was funny, so I said it. I'm sure you've never repeated something funny that you heard somewhere.

I am not a Motorola Fanboy, further more until I bought the Droid I very much disliked Motorola. HTC is actually my favorite handset manufacturer to date, they build great phones.

It just cracks me up because you seem to constantly bash the Droid, seemingly in an attempt to make the Hero/Eris look better.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, and if so I apologize. If you are going to accuse people of being Fanboy's you need to admit that you are one yourself...
    11-30-09 05:39 PM
    This could possibly be the rumored upgrade coming on Dec 11th.
    11-30-09 05:45 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD