Actually the droid is a bigger data hog than the iPhone. think about this the iPhone doesn't live in the cloud. Big Red will be fine.
    Cloud computing is where it's at. I also love not needing a Desktop Manager. Google automatically syncs everything for me and does it flawlessly. Another reason I love Android...
    01-11-11 05:48 PM
    I can't wait to ditch Desktop Manager! I like the idea of my apps and data being backed up with Google. Will I not a PC for anything once I go Android?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 05:54 PM
    I can't wait to ditch Desktop Manager! I like the idea of my apps and data being backed up with Google. Will I not a PC for anything once I go Android?
    Not as far as updates are concerned or the syncing of your calendar, emails, contacts, etc. Google will do that for you, with no need to hook up to a PC...
    01-11-11 05:59 PM
    Not as far as updates are concerned or the syncing of your calendar, emails, contacts, etc. Google will do that for you, with no need to hook up to a PC...
    or mac

10char
    01-11-11 06:40 PM
    All I know is that somewhere mac heads waiting for the iphony on vzw will be egged waiting in line. By who? Who knows...... apple not welcome on vzw.

01-11-11 07:00 PM
    Cloud computing is where it's at. I also love not needing a Desktop Manager. Google automatically syncs everything for me and does it flawlessly. Another reason I love Android...
    I have connected to my laptop twice. Once to root, and once to load a movie on memory card.

I love cloud computing. The mere thought of a desktop component drives me to tears. The idea of a DM/iTunes environment scares me...

I believe the VZW iPhone is good for consumers, but it may not be great for iPhone longterm. I believe that the artificial exclusivity that the AT&T-Apple partnership created was good for Apple. Remove that, and you'll get the sales in the short, but down the line, you might create an unintentional saturation... a StarTAC-ification, if you will.

For the rest of us? Well, other phone manufacturers have to make better phones to compete with more iPhones. Net effect? Better competitors.

In the end, I reserve the right to get whatever device suits me the best, on the best Network for me. I am a fan of Android now, but I am self-admittedly fickle. I still expect open-source (or more accurately, the semblance of it) to win in the foreseeable future.
    01-11-11 07:44 PM
    All I know is that somewhere mac heads waiting for the iphony on vzw will be egged waiting in line. By who? Who knows...... apple not welcome on vzw.

Really...Why do people have to be that way?

01-11-11 08:49 PM
    I love Apple products but also my DInc. I think the timing and marketing sucks compared to Android. I would have considered the iPhone if it would have been 4G since I'm in one of their current markets. But if I get a 3G one now, I can't upgrade to 4G for two years. I'd rather wait until later this year and get a Thunderbolt or similar device.
    01-11-11 10:04 PM
    I love Apple products but also my DInc. I think the timing and marketing sucks compared to Android. I would have considered the iPhone if it would have been 4G since I'm in one of their current markets. But if I get a 3G one now, I can't upgrade to 4G for two years. I'd rather wait until later this year and get a Thunderbolt or similar device.
    sign a 1 year contract!
    01-11-11 10:14 PM
    I have had every Droid there is on Verizon. The closest one that came to perfection for me was the Droid X.......great phone. Yes, I will be going to the Iphone. Why? Because it's an Iphone and I always wanted one. I love the look, the way it operates and I like the size. This will sound rediculous to many but here goes nothing. Android phones are coming out way too fast for me. As soon as you buy one, another one comes out and I have this nasty addiction to new technology. Basically I am tired of not being able to just enjoy a phone for a while without looking over my shoulder for the next one. The Iphone we all know will not be replaced for at least 2 years for Verizon.....I would guess. Because of the way Apple works, I can relax and just enjoy the Iphone for a bit before another one comes out.

Many will argue but my prediction is that the Iphone will outsell any Verizon Android in 2011. Not because it's better, only because it's the Iphone. Makes no sense but thats the way I see it.
    01-11-11 10:33 PM
    I have had every Droid there is on Verizon. The closest one that came to perfection for me was the Droid X.......great phone. Yes, I will be going to the Iphone. Why? Because it's an Iphone and I always wanted one. I love the look, the way it operates and I like the size. This will sound rediculous to many but here goes nothing. Android phones are coming out way too fast for me. As soon as you buy one, another one comes out and I have this nasty addiction to new technology. Basically I am tired of not being able to just enjoy a phone for a while without looking over my shoulder for the next one. The Iphone we all know will not be replaced for at least 2 years for Verizon.....I would guess. Because of the way Apple works, I can relax and just enjoy the Iphone for a bit before another one comes out.

Many will argue but my prediction is that the Iphone will outsell any Verizon Android in 2011. Not because it's better, only because it's the Iphone. Makes no sense but thats the way I see it.

Don't disagree with most of what your saying... except that Apple thrives on the type of consumer you say you are... You sign a two year contract, and they compel you to re-up by pushing out well-hyped phones with dated technology every year. It is smart, really.

I think with Android (as any other device group), you have to clear out the fluff, and pick a device that you know will take you through your contract. I do agree hat the fragmentation can be a bit disconcerting.

I agree: I think the VZW iPhone will outsell the Droid line... but that is good for Android.
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-11-11 11:22 PM
    Not a chance in ****. I even just ordered the wife a Droid X that will be here tomorrow. It will be rooted and overclocked tomorrow night.
    01-11-11 11:46 PM

What do you mean by data? Cause if you mean text messages, phone history, browser history, or any personal customizations, Google will NOT back that up if you restore or get a new phone. Google only backs up the history of the apps you have bought and obviously Gmail (mail, contacts, calendar).

I wish Google would offer a native Desktop Manager (or something similar to iTunes) for Android phones. It comes in handy when you want to back up your data, emails, sms messages, phone history, or any customizations you've done to your phone and its easily transferable if you want to switch to a new phone.
    01-12-11 05:17 AM
    I meant contacts, calendar, apps. I always delete emails, SMS, phone logs daily.

01-12-11 05:30 AM
    I meant contacts, calendar, apps. I always delete emails, SMS, phone logs daily.

OK, then Desktop Manager wasn't necessary in your case.

BIS 3.2 or Google Sync would've sufficed which backs up your Google contacts and calendar.
    01-12-11 05:44 AM
    Except only Desktop Manager will backup Password Keeper, Notes, Tasks. I've since moved all my documents to the memory card.

The Passwords is what I'm concerned about. I have so many saved.

01-12-11 05:54 AM
    I don't buy Apple products.
    01-12-11 07:18 AM
    I always use to want a iphone when I had that crummy 8330, but ever since I got my droid x I think iphone is just as good as the 8330. My droid x plays fine with my macbook so there is not need for the iphone. I just hope all the iphone users dont leave at&t and coming running to vzw and crippling our network.
    Lol thats exactly what I was thinking. All those ba$***** coming over and sucking up our precious bandwidth. So now maybe we wil see just if VZ is worth the premium price we pay.
    But honestly if VZ has put as much money into their network like I have heard then it should be fine.
    01-12-11 08:42 AM
    Here is an interesting poll being conducted on Droid Life.
    86% said they will not switch compared to the 14%
    that said they would. Wow

Tuesday Poll: So, Who’s Switching to it? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    01-12-11 08:57 AM
    Lol thats exactly what I was thinking. All those ba$***** coming over and sucking up our precious bandwidth. So now maybe we wil see just if VZ is worth the premium price we pay.
    But honestly if VZ has put as much money into their network like I have heard then it should be fine.
    That's my biggest problem, but hopefully VZW can handle it compared to crappity crap att. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I can already see it now a ton of ifanboys running away from att to be saved by big red.

Here is an interesting poll being conducted on Droid Life.
    86% said they will not switch compared to the 14%
    that said they would. Wow

Tuesday Poll: So, Who�s Switching to it? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    wow that is awesome! I'm not going to lie in the beginning of 2010 I would have jumped to the iphone in the heart beat if it would have came to vzw. Since then I have grown up and got a droid x and couldn't imagine using anything but the best.
    01-12-11 09:30 AM
    At the current the android phones are coming out, it seems like getting an iphone is smarter choice.
    01-12-11 10:30 AM
    I don't buy Apple products.
    +1 I will however..buy them for my wife lol.

I'm not sure exactly why..but I have an actual hatred for iPhones. It's probably unhealthy the extent with which I dislike them. And i'm not really sure why tbh. My wife uses one..i've used it..i've used her iPad, and it's not the device themselves that I dislike..but rather the whole Apple mentality I think. Seeing people lined up for days to buy a product just aggrevates me for some reason. If I was drunk..and I came across a fanboi who started bragging to me about their iphone..i'm pretty sure I would go to jail on assault charges. Perhaps it's the arrogance that seems to come across from people because they think their phone is the greatest thing since hookers and blow that makes me angry. /shrug

Anyways..no..I won't be switching to an iphone. Ever.
    01-12-11 10:44 AM
    There are plenty of programs that back up all the other data like phone logs, along with contacts and such. You never have to worried about loosing stuff
    jebulls likes this.
    01-12-11 11:17 AM
    Damn you Linux, damn you. You spoiled me with so much control, I don't want any part of Apple....
    01-12-11 11:58 AM
    My wife has a Motodroid, and she's making noises about getting an iPhone on Vzn. I've got a Dinc, and an iPod Touch (which a never use btw). Personally I don't see the advantage of an iPhone with the exception that the music player is cooler looking. I use iTunes and an iPod in my car. But I can't synch an iPhone with my iTunes anyway, I have way too much music. Is the iphone screen any better than mine? I'm pretty happy with the HTC Incredible. Now if Vzn would do an iphone with 4g I'd go for that, but that ain't happening anytime soon.
    01-12-11 12:05 PM
187 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD