That's all I have to say
    02-23-10 07:35 PM
    They are all touchscreen lol. Or do you mean multitouch?
    02-23-10 07:56 PM
    think he means touchscreen only. i would love a good droid handset with a good qwerty. alas im outta luck ...
    02-23-10 07:58 PM
    right...and all android phones should look the same, have the same processor, be on one carrier, and have no differentiation whatsoever. great idea
    02-23-10 08:33 PM
    I do believe you have your wish granted. So

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:40 PM
    All of them are touchscreen. If you meant without a physical keyboard, then I disagree.
    02-23-10 08:45 PM
    i agree. this is why blackberries will never have a good app.. store/world/shack
    02-24-10 01:24 AM
    I want an Android phone pretty badly but HATE touchscreen-only devices. In fact, I'm fine without touchscreens at all. I don't want to control video games by sliding my greasy hands all over my TV, I don't want to get rid of the mouse and keyboard on my desk, I don't want to swap my steering wheel for a multi-touch dashboard, and I don't need a damn touchscreen on my phone. I guess in some ways I'm an analogb0y.

But seriously, OP... there already are touchscreen-only Androids. Why do they ALL need to be that way? How many do you plan on owning at the same time? I'm still holding off for one with a keypad like the one on my Bold.

02-24-10 02:06 AM
    I would be interested to know why the OP would like all Android devices to be touchscreen and why the slider devices aren't sufficient?

02-24-10 04:13 AM
    I would be interested to know why the OP would like all Android devices to be touchscreen and why the slider devices aren't sufficient?

Yeah, I love my Droid.

The slide out keyboard takes a while to get used to. After you get over that hurdle, then you're good to go. The keyboard's never going to be as good as a BB but it serves it's purpose.

Plus, i can play nintendo emulators with the d-pad! w00t!
    02-24-10 08:05 AM
    I will never play Pokemon ever again. Last time I played was in high school on the bus rides home before I could drive only to entertain myself. I cannot imagine playing that game again because I will feel like it's the fourth grade all over again (Pokemon came out when I was in 4th grade).

I still own Blue, Yellow and Silver though lol.
    02-24-10 05:39 PM
    Android phones shine more with them being touchscreen, and in your everyones gut they knows it!!! If your not RIM you have no business to have a qwerty, Just like RIM has no business doing touchscreen unless you have a full qwerty on the bottom and a small touchscreen on the top but other than that DONT DO IT!!! Pretty soon they are just going to phase out physical keys, so enjoy while you can
    02-24-10 07:15 PM
    +1

That's the reason I bought a Droid over a N1. The physical keys and D-pad make playing emulated games so fun. I've been playing Pokemon Crystal and it's just awesome. My Droid is a GBA.
    That game is very addictive, I got hooked on it at 18 years of age, lol, is there a GBA emu? I want to play Advance Wars
    02-24-10 07:22 PM
    That game is very addictive, I got hooked on it at 18 years of age, lol, is there a GBA emu? I want to play Advance Wars
    There is GameBoid (GBA Emulator), SNesoid (SNES Emulator), Gensoid (Sega Genesis Emu), Nesoid (NES emulator), Gearoid (SMS/GameGear emulator), and GBCoid (GBC emulator)
    02-24-10 07:27 PM
    android would compete better against the apple's iphone than any of rim's blackberries. they both set the bar when it comes to the touchscreen platform. wonder what will come equipped with the iphone 4g. android keeps elevating its game.
    02-24-10 07:29 PM
    android would compete better against the apple's iphone than any of rim's blackberries. they both set the bar when it comes to the touchscreen platform. wonder what will come equipped with the iphone 4g. android keeps elevating its game.
    Its at a point now that I don't even want another phone really, soon its going to be what you prefer Motorola is bringing the heat just when you thought it was over for them, HTC has been really solid, Samsung has good phones but they need to work on the UI big time, I would like a snapdragon phone but after that I will be good for a longtime, I was going to buy a netbook but for what reason? I can do damn near everything with my phone
    02-24-10 09:26 PM
    A netbook? You need an iPad my man! No silly keyboard!

Again you haven't answered... what's wrong with a slide out keyboard? How does that make the phone "shine" less? And why should your preference be the only way they should come? If you're happy with yours, why not let other people have a different model that fits their own needs better? What makes your obviously non-universal opinion so bloody important?

Seriously, I hate touchscreen-only devices. Sure, there are some cool things you can do with a touchscreen, but it's not EVER going to replace my need for buttons and keys. The day they stop offering keyboards on computers and phones is the day I get out of the IT field and become a mechanic or something.
    03-02-10 01:42 AM
    Android phones shine more with them being touchscreen, and in your everyones gut they knows it!!! If your not RIM you have no business to have a qwerty, Just like RIM has no business doing touchscreen unless you have a full qwerty on the bottom and a small touchscreen on the top but other than that DONT DO IT!!! Pretty soon they are just going to phase out physical keys, so enjoy while you can
    please... my moment owns.. having 3 options to maneuver my phone why in the earth would i not want it
    03-02-10 02:40 AM
    Once the touchscreen is running smoother ill adopt one, im praying this Nexus One headed to Verizon is pretty good, ill be the first one in the store to check out the display model if it makes it to the store. If it doesnt then i probably wont have a nexus one although i do want one. I just don't want to spend the money on a device i can't try out before i purchase it.
    03-02-10 02:43 AM
    I love the touch screen on my android phones, it for the most part has been pretty solid - if the Droid had been all touch I would have sprung for it... The Droid was just so visually unpleasing
    03-02-10 08:52 AM
    i'll agree, i am a little miffed at my droid sliding open a little in my pocket
    03-05-10 05:00 PM
    They are all touchscreen lol. Or do you mean multitouch?
    ThAt was my first reaction when I saw the title.

03-05-10 11:53 PM
    lol this guy is a tool bag.....
    03-06-10 07:33 AM
    All Blackberries should be touchscreen.
    03-06-10 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD