Same here, it would be back to the flip phone days! LOL
    Me too! I used a dump phone before I can do it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 08:43 PM
    Me too! I used a dump phone before I can do it again.

Whats a dump phone? Sounds gross.

12-22-10 08:49 PM
    Whats a dump phone? Sounds gross.

Hahahahahahaha!!! Oops! I meant dumb. Slip of the finger...

12-22-10 08:57 PM
    You can bet your sweet a__ if they do the rest will follow so it will effect you!
    There are people/companies out there that do not follow suit of everything else. But for some odd reason ATT and Verizon have to be up each others all the time. I don't see Sprint doing it, they already have an unlimited data package with no restrictions and T-Mobile is geared towards the family with "tweens" and "teen" users. I really don't see them doing. They will use this as an advantage to gain customers from Big Red and The Death Star.
    12-23-10 07:41 AM
    There are people/companies out there that do not follow suit of everything else. But for some odd reason ATT and Verizon have to be up each others all the time. I don't see Sprint doing it, they already have an unlimited data package with no restrictions and T-Mobile is geared towards the family with "tweens" and "teen" users. I really don't see them doing. They will use this as an advantage to gain customers from Big Red and The Death Star.
    Yeeeeup......
    I would jump on Sprint in a hurry..........
    12-23-10 08:06 AM
    The way I see it, these companies already nickel and dime me from my gps service, international texts, and now this? Seriously? Their lobbyists must be having a field day in D.C.

I'm not jumping carriers. Ill stay and suffer on the death star but I imagine I won't be the only one. I'll send in my payment and have a tearful breakdown every month when I click submit. (Current spend 240 a month with 2 blackberries and a flip phone...imagine when this goes into effect.)

All of this sucks, however I hope for change but in reality I'm skeptical it'll happen. Nevertheless I'm signing the petition. Let's go down trying.

12-23-10 08:42 AM
    The way I see it, these companies already nickel and dime me from my gps service, international texts, and now this? Seriously? Their lobbyists must be having a field day in D.C.

I'm not jumping carriers. Ill stay and suffer on the death star but I imagine I won't be the only one. I'll send in my payment and have a tearful breakdown every month when I click submit. (Current spend 240 a month with 2 blackberries and a flip phone...imagine when this goes into effect.)

All of this sucks, however I hope for change but in reality I'm skeptical it'll happen. Nevertheless I'm signing the petition. Let's go down trying.

Man that is a lot of money for just 3 lines. When I was with AT&T my bill was 215 for 2 iPhones and 2 basic phones. 1400 min and unlimited family texting. I jumped on over to Sprint, got 2 EVOs, HTC Hero and a dumb phone and paying 170 a month with unlimited data on all lines, unlimited texting, free GPS, unlimited mobile to mobile w/ 1500 min to share for landlines, Sprint TV and great coverage. And this includes the $10 surcharge on the EVO. If I were you, I'd consider the change especially since you are using a blackberry. It's not like you'd have to change mobile platforms like I did. I just got sick and tired of paying all that money to AT&T when I can get the same results and save myself a lot of money.
    12-23-10 09:21 AM
    @scorpiodsu

Its deinately something to consider. I just signed the contracts 3 months ago and have not had a bill under 220. Its a rude awakening when I had tmo with 4 lines and similar features for 180 a month. Bs!

Right now I have a 1400 min plan, 2 bb plans (2g and 200mb), an unlimited internet plan for a flip phone, unlimited family texts, and I think they rape me with the 15 additional dollars for insurance.

12-23-10 11:07 AM
    And I think they rape me with the 15 additional dollars for insurance.

You have to OPT into their insurance plans. you cannot rape the willing.
    12-23-10 11:31 AM
    @scorpiodsu

Its deinately something to consider. I just signed the contracts 3 months ago and have not had a bill under 220. Its a rude awakening when I had tmo with 4 lines and similar features for 180 a month. Bs!

Right now I have a 1400 min plan, 2 bb plans (2g and 200mb), an unlimited internet plan for a flip phone, unlimited family texts, and I think they rape me with the 15 additional dollars for insurance.

Yeah that is a lot especially not having unlimited data. I just couldn't justify the cost anymore. I still think the iPhone 4 is the best right now, but it wasn't good enough to keep me overpaying for service I sold both of them on eBay (around 1400 bucks altogether) to pay for my ETF fees and pay for the new phones. And I'm glad I did. The thing I like the most is my bill is exactly the same to the penny. Not 10 bucks extra this month or whatever.
    12-23-10 11:38 AM

Speaking of lobbyists... What Tech Companies Spend on Lobbying Efforts In Washington | Arik Hesseldahl | NewEnterprise | AllThingsD

Man that is a lot of money for just 3 lines. When I was with AT&T my bill was 215 for 2 iPhones and 2 basic phones. 1400 min and unlimited family texting. I jumped on over to Sprint, got 2 EVOs, HTC Hero and a dumb phone and paying 170 a month with unlimited data on all lines, unlimited texting, free GPS, unlimited mobile to mobile w/ 1500 min to share for landlines, Sprint TV and great coverage. And this includes the $10 surcharge on the EVO. If I were you, I'd consider the change especially since you are using a blackberry. It's not like you'd have to change mobile platforms like I did. I just got sick and tired of paying all that money to AT&T when I can get the same results and save myself a lot of money.
    That's a pretty good deal.
    12-23-10 05:56 PM
    Interesting post, but I'm not too worried about it. It if does come to this I'm sure somebody would figure out a way around it and knowing the community it would be up on this site in no time, (kinda like wirelss tether) lol.
    12-23-10 09:17 PM
    I may be wrong... but after reading the FCC's release yesterday on net neutrality, the slide shown in the OP may just be pertaining to a subscriber's ability to pay extra to ensure prioritized services, giving a "Fast Lane" to their device for specific services. There's been a lot of argument over whether services themselves can receive priority by paying for it, and would thus pretty much turn into the big boys squashing the little boys. If the subscriber could optionally pay though, that'd be an entirely different story.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 12-24-10 at 11:22 AM.
    12-24-10 11:20 AM
138 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD