I just don't get it with some of you blackberry users. Before the droids or Pre ever came out, you always complained about this or that whether it be a Storm or Tour. The threads would light up with happiness when new leaked OS's would come out. Once downloaded, one of the first things that come up is the web browser being faster which turns out to be more placebo then anything once the novelety was gone. Now the Droid comes out and the web browsing is not that imporant anymore. I ask " why bother changing to anything if you are already happy with the BB that you have?". You talk about webkit allday long.....hey, it's still not here!

Lets see if I can make sense out of this. I have had BB's all my life so I can make these statements. At the end of the day, any blackberry and any droid has very good phone calling quality. Some will argue that one phone is too loud, not too loud, tinny, muffled, the list goes on. This applys to all the phones mentioned above. Whats good for me, is not good for Joe but good for Bob. Bob may argue that Joe is wrong and Joe will argue that I am wrong. Hey, it's a fricken phone..make the call and move on. Almost 99% of cellphones out right now make good enough calls. Okay, now we can argue e-mail and use the same example above.

So now we are stuck with non phone stuff like media, camera, web browsing. Sorry folks, if you can't figure this one out, I feel for you.
    06-12-10 09:13 PM
    If your going to sprint because you want a droid, bad decision. Sprints coverage sucks so the amazing broswer will be short of spectacular. And i think plenty of people carry 2 devices. I have a ipod classic but im going to get a touch in a few months. That will be used for my music and fun need.
    I travel 48 states & every night like tonight I am online with my Sprint wireless card & my Blackberry & at least 95% of the time wherever I stop for the night (like tonight I am in the boonies in Oklahoma) I am on EVDO & for a lot cheaper than you are
    06-12-10 10:18 PM
    I travel 48 states & every night like tonight I am online with my Sprint wireless card & my Blackberry & at least 95% of the time wherever I stop for the night (like tonight I am in the boonies in Oklahoma) I am on EVDO & for a lot cheaper than you are
    unfortunately you are wasting your time trying to convince the 'coverage troll'
    06-12-10 11:25 PM
    Thank you everyone for all your input! It's really funny how everything worked out, but I should be receiving my Bold from VZW on Tues. I had to set up my df's Omnia because he has no idea how it works and during that whole process I remembered how much I hate touch screen keypads plus all the convoluted steps to getting anything done and realized I needed my Bold.
    I called VZW to help me with his phone and somehow got talking about my insurance replacement 8330 being defective and I got the best tech he talked to his supervisor and they decided to let me upgrade early! So I'm happy and appreciate everyones views.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 03:40 AM
    I just wanted to add that I do use my itouch for music and wifi access when I have that. But whenever I need to type something rather than just browse I use my BB. I wish I had wifi at my house that would be nice to use with the Bold. Oh well.

06-13-10 04:22 AM
    I love how the Verizon trolls will play that coverage card all the time.....VERIZON HAS NO MORE COVERAGE THAN SPRINT....
    Sorry, but you're wrong. I had sprint service for years and it's not the same.
    06-13-10 05:11 AM
    Came from the 9650- on the Evo. Still realy like the EVO. i am getting used to the on screen but the screen is so big its not that hard. The phone is great minus it has less of a batt life-- but with all the applications it makes sense. Blackberry app menu is so limited compared. I just had fun with google earth.

I get new emails very quickly so I am not sure where they said there is a delayed response.

Two thumbs up for the evo

PS I came from tmobile to sprint but my coverage is great 10x better so don't let verizon loyalists to disuade you.
    06-13-10 08:03 AM
    Thank you everyone for all your input! It's really funny how everything worked out, but I should be receiving my Bold from VZW on Tues. I had to set up my df's Omnia because he has no idea how it works and during that whole process I remembered how much I hate touch screen keypads plus all the convoluted steps to getting anything done and realized I needed my Bold.
    I called VZW to help me with his phone and somehow got talking about my insurance replacement 8330 being defective and I got the best tech he talked to his supervisor and they decided to let me upgrade early! So I'm happy and appreciate everyones views.
    Based on the factors that you listed, you should be very happy with your Bold. I tried the Incredible for 2 weeks...it was truly a great experience...especially the internet and apps. It was great for me on the weekends and in the evenings after work.
    However, during the workday I was miserable because it took me 3x longer to email and text, plus, I had to have the unit plugged in all the time...I was always under the threat that the battery was running low. I never realized how important the BB Bold keyboard is critical to my efficiency.
    06-13-10 01:58 PM
    Ive never heard the coverage troll insult before lol. Well judging by my own experience and tons of other posters and people ive come to know who use sprint, i think i'll stand by what i said about sprint having crappy coverage. Call me a troll all you want. And have fun with it.
    06-13-10 02:26 PM
    Ive never heard the coverage troll insult before lol. Well judging by my own experience and tons of other posters and people ive come to know who use sprint, i think i'll stand by what i said about sprint having crappy coverage. Call me a troll all you want. And have fun with it.
    Good because that's what you are....Look at the maps genius their the same coverage....just Sprint tell the truth about 3G, 1X and Roaming....Verizon paints everything RED which you can't tell one from the other.

The Coverage is the same.....You will never be in a place where Verizon has service and a Sprint phone says "NO SERVICE" just doesnt happen...Sorry Verizon fanboys...You like to think your getting better service because Verizon wallet rapes you every month, but really you dont.
    06-13-10 07:39 PM
    Good because that's what you are....Look at the maps genius their the same coverage....just Sprint tell the truth about 3G, 1X and Roaming....Verizon paints everything RED which you can't tell one from the other.

The Coverage is the same.....You will never be in a place where Verizon has service and a Sprint phone says "NO SERVICE" just doesnt happen...Sorry Verizon fanboys...You like to think your getting better service because Verizon wallet rapes you every month, but really you dont.
    Sorry but that is 100% false. My company had Sprint for 7 years with multiple dropped calls and coverage issues. We took the top 3 Sprint, Verizon and AT&T head to head across the southeast.
    Used the same device on all 3 networks or in the case of AT&T then cingular as close as was possible.
    Verizon beat the other two hands down and in some cases AT&T beat Sprint.
    Verizon clobbered the other two in Data and air card tests.. SPRINT is not the same in any way shape or form AND our mobile and air card bill went down 5%.(It's called long term contract negotiation )
    06-13-10 08:08 PM
    Any nitwit that says Sprint has the same coverage as Verizon need sot have their phone revoked.

Sprint sucks. I know lots of peopl and family that have it and have to go outside at home or work to make calls. drop constantly (hence the free mobile to any mobile) and even the Sprint rep said the 4g coverage is best if you go outside the store and try it..

I have ATT so dont say I am a fan boy (family is on VZW) so ihave plenty of experience with wifeys old curve and old S2 and now 9650 - tour 2
    06-13-10 08:40 PM
    Everyone's experience is different. I have been with Sprint for 11 years and traveled all over the US and have had zero complaints about the service. I tried VZW for a short time and found the service to be identical in quality to Sprint. Only difference was the price.

As others have said, try Sprint and if it works for you you will save a lot of money over VZW or AT&T.
    06-13-10 08:57 PM
    i've used Sprint for 10 years. Get service everywhere except my work. No one gets service here, noone.
    06-13-10 09:38 PM
    Any nitwit that says Sprint has the same coverage as Verizon need sot have their phone revoked.

Sprint sucks. I know lots of peopl and family...
    Statements like this really do tank your perceived intelligence here on the forums sir.

For the record I use a 9550 (cannot stand touch screen keyboards) on Verizon for work use (BES Admin) and a 9650 for personal use on Sprint SERO. I drop to 1X/No service in my house with Verizon however my Sprint device maintains EVDO and signal. This doesn't mean Verizon "sucks".

You need to be mindful that the PRL plays a big role here and if another carrier has compatible service in the same area your carriers is licensed you may not roam if your carrier's signal is not making it to you (ie: often in the house or at work).

We don't all live in the same house and room thus will not all have the same reception experience and don't always trust RSSI for you "signal" strength.
    06-13-10 10:18 PM
    swype? is this a fasticious comment or a genuine one?
    Genuine. Swype is AMAZING!!!

06-13-10 10:44 PM
    You can always go the bb and iPod Touch route. If you have wifi available you can do your browsing with the iPod and get your app fix that way. Keep the bb for all the things it does well, like your push email, texting/typing, phone calls, etc.

Just a thought.
    This is the route that I have elected to take. Just from my iphone 3gs to the bold 9650 from Verizon today....and after my first 10 hours as a BB user, I'm so happy that I finally made the move. Figure I'll use the iphone for wifi browsing when I can as well as for my music.
    06-13-10 10:54 PM
    welp, i just went to Best Buy to exchange my Bold for an Evo. I knew they were out so i expected to return my Bold and use my old one.

They gave me an exception to the 30 day limit to let me keep the Bold until they get an Evo in for me. On the waiting list.
    06-13-10 11:19 PM
    Well I'm 18 with a part time job so I can easily afford my Verizon bills.
    06-14-10 08:25 AM
    Sorry but that is 100% false. My company had Sprint for 7 years with multiple dropped calls and coverage issues. We took the top 3 Sprint, Verizon and AT&T head to head across the southeast.
    Used the same device on all 3 networks or in the case of AT&T then cingular as close as was possible.
    Verizon beat the other two hands down and in some cases AT&T beat Sprint.
    Verizon clobbered the other two in Data and air card tests.. SPRINT is not the same in any way shape or form AND our mobile and air card bill went down 5%.(It's called long term contract negotiation )
    Your statement is the one that's false - As far as data carrage goes....This report shows Both Verizon and Sprint carries the same amount of data and BOTH beats ATT by a long shot....

Verizon Wireless and Sprint Each Carried Over 16 Billion More Megabytes of Mobile Network Data Than AT&T in 2009, Says ABI Research - MarketWatch

So rethink you false statement!
    06-14-10 09:05 AM

Sprint sucks. I know lots of peopl and family that have it and have to go outside at home or work to make calls. drop constantly (hence the free mobile to any mobile) and even the Sprint rep said the 4g coverage is best if you go outside the store and try it..

I have ATT so dont say I am a fan boy (family is on VZW) so ihave plenty of experience with wifeys old curve and old S2 and now 9650 - tour 2
    Any Verizon fanboy that say Sprint sucks is just that a FANBOY! Who totally drunk on the Kool-Aid....Get with it!

You couldn't come up with something better than "have to go outside use their phone"...That's the oldest "my carrier is better than yours" excuse in the book...and I call BS everytime I hear it regardless of carrier just like the tried and true "Has to borrow my phone" PLEASE!....

Again Sprint and Verizon have the same coverage the Maps prove it and its more than ATT fanboy!
    Last edited by Lennyj17; 06-14-10 at 09:10 AM.
    06-14-10 09:07 AM
    Oops sorry don't know why there are dup posts! It was late. Haha

Anyway I wanted to see the Bold (I would have done this before, but I got a NICE VZW rep and didn't want to lose my chance of upgrade) and also looked at incredible. I know for sure I'm staying with VZW, but now I'm thinking of trying the incredible. Ugh I hate deciding.

06-14-10 09:25 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD