Why is this so much? I never use GPS/WiFi. I have everything turned off as far as automatically updating. I just update it manually and it still sucks my battery

96% Android System
    2% Cell Standby
    2% Phone Idle

HTC Desire

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    07-31-11 04:12 PM
    Try a factory reset. I've heard of this on other devices like the new galaxy s2. I think you have a bad device. If factory reset doesn't help return it for a different one perhaps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 03:52 AM
    Desire got low memory from birth. Do reboot may help bit there must be something working in a background, something to do with setting. Can be an app. See xda developers forum, lots of
    08-01-11 04:19 AM
    If you turn everything off.. what else do you expect to be consuming battery?

The stats show what portions of the device account for the current amount of battery consumption. It doesn't relate to how quickly the battery is draining.
    08-01-11 10:22 AM
    Since you didn't have the screen listed, I'm going to assume it's included in that 96%
    If so, at, least 80% or more of that could be the screen.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-01-11 07:02 PM
    Since you didn't have the screen listed, I'm going to assume it's included in that 96%
    If so, at, least 80% or more of that could be the screen.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    +1..I'm pretty sure stock HTC's include the Display portion in their Android System when viewing battery stats..whereas others have the Display seperate.

Just be sure to have your brightness turned down, and if you have it set for Auto..then I'd still suggest a manual setting.
    08-02-11 07:20 AM
    +1..I'm pretty sure stock HTC's include the Display portion in their Android System when viewing battery stats..whereas others have the Display seperate.

Just be sure to have your brightness turned down, and if you have it set for Auto..then I'd still suggest a manual setting.
    My Sensation's battery stats has Display as a separate tab.
    08-02-11 08:20 PM
    My Sensation's battery stats has Display as a separate tab.
    So does my Incredible S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD