I have a BB 8900 and have a chance to trade it for a Moto Cliq. I don't know a lot about this phone, but my wife had a HTC Hero and loves the android stuff. I play with it some times and it looks cool. I have a couple of question, if I do this do we just switch sim cards? Do I need to call t-mobile and change anything about my plan? I'm still on that 5 fav plan. Also how to I wipe clean my phone with all the info I have on it? If I wipe it clean will the 5 OS go back to what came on the phone. And for those that have the Cliq what are some pro's and con's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 06:22 AM
    Don't get the Cliq. Moto Blur is a joke. Get another Android device. Go with the Nexus one since you are on tmobile.

I believe all carriers have specific data plans for certain phones so right now you are on a blackberry plan, more than likely you'll have to switch to another plan but it's the same cost.

On you blackberry got to settings and then security, hit the blackberry key and then select wipe device. It will erase everything. If you plan on selling it, make sure you call your carrier to have them release the PIN from your account so the new user won't have any problems activating the phone and adding it to their account.
    03-03-10 08:35 AM
    I went from an 8900 to a Cliq. And I love it. It's a great device. I had 4 BBs before going to Android. Not really a big fan of MotoBlur, but I basically just don't use it. I recently had to wipe my Cliq (so much easier than wiping on a BB) and MotoBlur actually saved everything for me. So that was great. Do some research on Android and the Cliq if you don't know much. I'm happy with my decision
    03-03-10 12:43 PM
    Don't get the Cliq. Moto Blur is a joke. Get another Android device. Go with the Nexus one since you are on tmobile.

I believe all carriers have specific data plans for certain phones so right now you are on a blackberry plan, more than likely you'll have to switch to another plan but it's the same cost.

On you blackberry got to settings and then security, hit the blackberry key and then select wipe device. It will erase everything. If you plan on selling it, make sure you call your carrier to have them release the PIN from your account so the new user won't have any problems activating the phone and adding it to their account.
    i dont care for moto blur. im only 1 year into a 2 year contract and this a straight up trade, i dont want to buy another phone. thanks for the help anyways.
    03-03-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD