I switched back to BB about 3 times in the last two years hoping it would benefit my productivity as I love the form factor. I quickly noticed I can not do much from the lack of app support and the lack of active sync which greatly limits what I can do with my Google apps business account. Here is an idea of what I use:

21064a01 likes this.
    08-16-12 07:10 PM
    ok bye!!
    ritesh likes this.
    08-16-12 07:16 PM
    While I may not totally disagree with you, why are you posting it here?
    stevepar, wylderubicon and ritesh like this.
    08-16-12 07:17 PM
    And when exactly do you have time in your life to "work" !!
    93Aero and ritesh like this.
    08-16-12 07:20 PM
    The reason for this post is because BB users always say they stick with BB because it is a productivity device and not an entertainment device. I am showing BB users why BB is not as productive in its current form. Once BB gains developer support the story will change but lets be truthful and admit BB is neither a productivity device nor an entertainment device against its competition.
    Syrous44 and 21064a01 like this.
    08-16-12 07:41 PM
    While I may not totally disagree with you, why are you posting it here?
    Why shouldn't she? After all, she is posting it in the right forum.

[BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > BlackBerry Smartphone Help and Discussion Forums > Other Platforms > Android]
    08-16-12 07:52 PM
    what exactly are you trying to show. a bunch of icons that frankly only a few are very productive?
    squished18 likes this.
    08-16-12 07:52 PM
    Why shouldn't she? After all, she is posting it in the right forum.

[BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > BlackBerry Smartphone Help and Discussion Forums > Other Platforms > Android]
    It was originally moved from another area of the forum.

On topic, I have to say that although the app problem is the #1 downfall of the Blackberry platform, this is not a very good way of showing it. A pile of those apps are just native OS apps and many are also available on BB. If you want to show the app problem, show apps that aren't available on blackberry at all. There are lots of them.
    Michelle Haag and kbz1960 like this.
    08-16-12 07:55 PM
    The reason for this post is because BB users always say they stick with BB because it is a productivity device and not an entertainment device. I am showing BB users why BB is not as productive in its current form. Once BB gains developer support the story will change but lets be truthful and admit BB is neither a productivity device nor an entertainment device against its competition.
    Dont bother BB users are blind and set in their ways, kinda like religious extremists. I once was like that till a buddy of mine that works for a finance company showed me what his android does for him both leisurely and professionally. Needless to say a switched over to Android once I got my upgrade 2 months ago. Couldnt be happier. All I can say is, I hope Rim can kill it with BB10 because they are way behind and trying to climb a rather large mountain to the promise land.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    _X_ and SugarMouth like this.
    08-16-12 07:58 PM
    It was originally moved from another area of the forum.

On topic, I have to say that although the app problem is the #1 downfall of the Blackberry platform, this is not a very good way of showing it. A pile of those apps are just native OS apps and many are also available on BB. If you want to show the app problem, show apps that aren't available on blackberry at all. There are lots of them.
    True! It was just easier for me to simply screen shot my device. The native OS apps exhibit the ECO system not available with BB. See :http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-ball-740280/
    08-16-12 08:13 PM
    OK. And which of those 88 actually make you feel "more productive", cos the vast majority of the apps you've listed cannot possibly be considered "productive" tools!?

For example, how does a YouTube app, or a pregnancy app, or a My Beach HD app, or a Facebook app (I could go on for a long time ) make you "more productive"??

If you'd mentioned knocking out 300 words per minute in your emails, or having better ACTUAL productivity apps which aren't available on BlackBerry, then this thread may have made (even a little) sense, but as it stands all you've proved is that you don't actually know what the word "productivity" means!

Enjoy your droid, and your evident LACK of productivity... Try finding a dictionary app, it may help you with understanding the word "productivity"

Si.
    diego.roscetti and ets5290 like this.
    08-16-12 08:23 PM
    I won't argue with you because I also agree with the app argument against BlackBerry. Don't get me wrong, I love my BlackBerry but there are a few apps (some very basic) that I'd love to have. That being said I personally find BlackBerry more productive because the stock apps alone are amazing and then you add the Keyboard with the shortcuts and you have an amazing combination. I have tried various devices from high performance Androids to the iPhone 4, to the lower end Android phones and no matter which one I choose, I can not enjoy and use a touch screen keyboard. This is a reason why I love the Torch 9810 and the Bold 9900. I get to have my keyboard but I also get to enjoy the ease of use of the touch screen.

Since people love to post apps to argue why BlackBerry isn't this or that let me just say I agree and I feel that if we presented OS7 (or BB10) devices with a great app selection, I feel that it would really win over some people. It wouldn't win everyone simply because of the "I had a BlackBerry and it was slow" mentality but that usually comes from dumb teenagers who don't deserve a BlackBerry in the first place :P.

But why does everyone keep repeating the same things?
    ritesh likes this.
    08-16-12 08:28 PM
    A great example where "productivity" is very subjective.... If you judge productivity soley by the Apps you use then maybe having more apps is better... just know for me it is not..... for me productivity is how well my deviice does things.... not what apps it runs.... having my 9800 bridged to my Playbook gives me the best of both world.... as for as apps go... nothing I am missing except for SMS which is coming with 2.1..... I am a walking example of how acess to lots of apps does not make me be more "productive".... I have owned an Ipad since the came out..... First couple of months..... loaded it up with a lot of apps.... found it OK ... but not terribly "productive' even with so many apps.... Added Playbook and Torch to my stable of devices and my Ipad and Android HP Touchpad has been literally collecting dust.... got to go and be productive now....
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 08-16-12 at 08:40 PM.
    kbz1960 and 93Aero like this.
    08-16-12 08:37 PM
    the problem is that 90% I have side loaded anyways so what exactly are you bragging about ?

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-12 08:51 PM
    it is os not apps. most of them are on playbook. pb has true multitasking. bb is the best for texting. both work beautifully together. android tablets need to work with phone apps. no true multitasking. so how this make yu productive ?

08-16-12 08:54 PM
    I am not tey to be mean but how is pregnancy app make you more productive exactly ? I would like to know please

08-16-12 08:57 PM
    it is os not apps. most of them are on playbook. pb has true multitasking. bb is the best for texting. both work beautifully together. android tablets need to work with phone apps. no true multitasking. so how this make yu productive ?

I purchased a Playbook and will say it is a nice tablet!
    08-16-12 09:14 PM
    I agree with the poster with which you quoted because the OP counted 88 reasons he is more productive, lazily posted screenshots about why he thinks he's most productive, failing to write anything with his so called productive device, and in his example of why he is more productive he has either most apps that BB has or complete leisure apps or irrelevant apps that really make his post seem extremely effortless on his part, and he comes across as harrassing, almost trolling, in the fashion in the which he tries to make his point across.

In short, this was a very, very badly thought out thread which just makes me wonder about his productivity ethics anyway. This was a very lazy effort.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-16-12 at 11:31 PM. Reason: clean up
    08-16-12 09:44 PM
    Here is the thing, I have owned 13 devices in the last year! I base my opinion on owning different devices on different operating systems, not reading reviews. I am only partial to Android because frankly I have not found a drawback other than what used to show up on early builds. A Galaxy Nexus is just as fluid and smooth as a iPhone 4s. I have a place in my heart for BB because I favor the form factor of a Bold 9900 for example. I would hope in the future BB catches popularity once again and gains developer support. Currently that is not the case.
    08-16-12 10:43 PM
    Most apps there don't really help you be productive...they do the opposite...

This just seems like a "I have more apps than you" post.

Have fun checking if your pregnant or not
    "period calculator" has been a top 10 free playbook app for over a year. Oddly enough, quickbooks hasn't....
    08-16-12 11:07 PM
    Here is the thing, I have owned 13 devices in the last year! I base my opinion on owning different devices on different operating systems, not reading reviews. I am only partial to Android because frankly I have not found a drawback other than what used to show up on early builds. A Galaxy Nexus is just as fluid and smooth as a iPhone 4s. I have a place in my heart for BB because I favor the form factor of a Bold 9900 for example. I would hope in the future BB catches popularity once again and gains developer support. Currently that is not the case.
    I'm not saying different devices don't have their own different drawbacks. There is frankly no perfect device yet. I'm just saying your way of expressing yourself is not quite up to my standards!
    08-16-12 11:20 PM
    Let's have a civil debate on the topic, and leave the personal crap off the forum folks.

There's strong argument for both sides, depending on your productivity needs. For me BlackBerry makes the most sense, but I'm not foolish enough to think it's what's best for everyone.

Does a taco "work" as well as a burrito?
    _X_, ritesh and Syrous44 like this.
    08-16-12 11:39 PM
    You must've figured out how to use the screenshot feature today? Is that why you posted this?
    08-16-12 11:40 PM
    Does a taco "work" as well as a burrito?
    Yes.

Just crunchier.
    08-16-12 11:41 PM
    Yes.

Just crunchier.
    It's a choice between an open source environment, and one with a securely contained UI and ecosystem.
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-16-12 11:46 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD