1.) I've been hearing talk of the Motorola Droid 2 and a Droid Pro. I've seen spy shots of the Droid 2 and I'm gonna guess that the Droid Pro wasn't a codename for the Droid X so is it possible that the Droid 2 and Droid Pro are one in the same?

2.) Now it's safe to say most of you here love Android in all it's many flavors BUT which company do you feel delivers the best Android experience (HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc.)? For example to kick this off, the HTC Incredible was the Android device to get on Verizon and it was the most talked about device from the carrier yet a few weeks later the Droid X bursts onto the scene almost instantaneously dethroning the Incredible hardware wise. So what you guys think?
    07-01-10 03:56 PM
    1) Droid pro is a world phone, and it is off aways, not the 2 or x
    2)Motorola, bar none. Battery, build, and community cant me matched.
    07-01-10 04:14 PM
    1) Droid pro is a world phone, and it is off aways, not the 2 or x
    2)Motorola, bar none. Battery, build, and community cant me matched.
    Agree 100%. Droid Pro is not the Droid 2 or X. I'm hoping it will be the announced Motorola phone with the 2ghz processor. Heck, I'll even want it if it has a dual core 1ghz processor an not a 2ghz processor.

I don't want/need a physical keyboard though, that's the only thing I'm not stoked about the Droid Pro. I'd prefer a tablet form factor.
    07-01-10 04:48 PM
    For #2 you're going to get answers based on preference. However being one of the few that have had both a Moto droid (which runs plain Android os) and a HTC incredible (which runs sense ui over Android os) I'd say HTC's sense ui really enhances the Android experience. Read up on it and you'll see that virtually every review supports that.

When it comes to hardware moto leads the pack, but that's not to say the other manufacturers don't make good phones. I actually like my incredible more than I liked my droid. Even compared to my rooted and oc droid the incredible still delivers a smoother, more polished and snappier experience. But now that you have the droid x to choose from the decision is tougher because of the bigger screen, superior media experience and high performance processors. Add to that the incredible is on backorder for a while and the decision is pretty much made for you much easier. The only reason to hold out for the incredible would be if you don't like the larger size of the droid x and still want a very fast phone.

The Samsung is nice, has a good size that's between the incredible and x, powerful processors etc, but their custom user interface is very similar to the iPhone which I personally don't like very much. In terms of hardware it probably slots in between the HTC and Moto phones.

Basically its a great time to be an Android junkie. Many options and high powered phones to choose from.
    07-01-10 06:14 PM
    First I had a jail sentence with a Storm, got an Incredible and now back to the Storm till the X shows up. The Incredible dropped many more calls then the Storm has in the same user area. Just my experience. Hopefully the Moto X will be better in that arena.
    07-01-10 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD