Hi!

This thread is all about installing Blackberry apps on any Android device running Android 5.0 or better.

Thanks to Smokeaire for providing the Priv's phone details that I needed to make this happen.

Check out this great video review by Andres Segovia from NewsReel to see how my solution performs (thanks buddy!):

AVAILABLE APPS
    * BlackBerry Calendar
    * BlackBerry Contacts
    * Blackberry Hub
    * BlackBerry Hub+ Services
    * BlackBerry Keyboard
    * BlackBerry Launcher
    * BlackBerry Notable
    * BlackBerry Notes
    * BlackBerry Password Keeper
    * BlackBerry Tasks
    * Blackberry Device Search

HOW TO INSTALL

1. Uninstall all Blackberry apps that you may have installed from any other source than BlackBerry Manager
    2. Download and install Blackberry Manager (grant permission to Storage on Android 6.0)
    3. Read the instructions on the Github page
    4. Install the apps of your choice directly from Blackberry Manager

Blackberry Manager (downloader/updater)
    Please read the instructions in Blackberry Manager before installing the apps.
    Download BLACKBERRY MANAGER

Features of Blackberry Manager:
    * Download BlackBerry apps from Play Store and patches them on the fly
    * Automatically notifies when updates are available
    * Advanced permissions configuration dialog (tap app icon after installing an app)

BlackBerry Manager requires a Google Account to be set up on your device (needed to authenticate with Google Play).

Please consider to donate for my efforts if you like my work and if you like to get updates on these apps. Thanks for your support!
    Click here to donate

MIRROR (all patched Blackberry apps in a shared folder)
    The files in this folder are not updated on a regular base. To get the latest files, always use BlackBerry Manager to download them.
    All patched Blackberry apps

IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ

Install Blackberry Hub+ Services as first component, then install the other apps. BlackBerry Keyboard can run without BlackBerry Hub+ Services.

Blackberry Hub will add its own Microsoft Exchange integration. If you want to use the Hub together with Exchange, you should remove the default device exchange account. If you don't do that, you will have double calendar entries in your calendar.

Enjoy!

Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device. [no root required]-blackberrymanager.jpg
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 06-21-17 at 08:09 AM.
    01-26-16 05:50 PM
    Sweet. Thanks for this and all your help Cobalt
    01-26-16 05:55 PM
    Great work mate!!

Posted from Malaysia via BlackBerry PRIV
    01-26-16 05:56 PM
    Nice. I got a priv, but you can be sure I'll try to get this on other devices.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    Chubakka likes this.
    01-26-16 05:56 PM
    Any chance you can figure out how we can sync Facebook events to the BlackBerry Calender without using a Facebook Sync app that produces double notifications in the Hub?
    01-26-16 06:04 PM
    Nice one Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 06:10 PM
    Will those work on a bb10 device? Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 06:17 PM
    Hi!

Actually this is not the correct forum to post this, but Android is Android, right? I took a deeper look into the Blackberry Android apps that are running on a Priv. As I don't own a priv, I first had to write a downloader that can fetch the Priv apps from Google Play Store without having the device, but that's an other story...;-)

A big thank you to Smokeaire for stealing his wife's Priv and sending me the required device configuration that I needed to write my downloader!

You may now say, that these apps are already available for legacy Android devices, and there even is a thread on xda:
    List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv (Venice)

The difference between the files posted there and my solution is, that NO ROOT is required to install and run the apps. All apps are running in the user context. Patching includes modifications to Android Manifest (remove a check for a Blackberry specific library) and some signature patching (hey I'm good in doing that).

So here goes my first patching job for all Android users. I tested this on a Samsung Galaxy S6 with stock OS [no root]

Blackberry Infrastructure (Base service, required for everything):
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...262-cobalt.apk

Blackberry Hub:
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...958-cobalt.apk

Blackberry Contacts:

Blackberry Calendar:

Blackberry Keyboard:
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...942-cobalt.apk

Please note that Blackberry Hub will add its own Microsoft Exchange integration. So if you want to use the Hub together with Exchange, you should remove the default device exchange account. If you don't do that, you will have double calendar entries in your calendar.

Enjoy!
    About that. Do you also have another new topic about the new downloader specifically?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 06:17 PM
    About that. Do you also have another new topic about the a new downloader specifically?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, not yet. I just glued it together to have a possibility to fetch the files. It's not ready for prime time. Maybe later sometime.
    01-26-16 06:20 PM
    Sorry, not yet. I just glued it together to have a possibility to fetch the files. It's not ready for prime time. Maybe later sometime.
    Okay, understood.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 06:21 PM
    Nice work, Cobalt. I'm going to try this on my DuOS and Remix OS installations.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-26-16 06:27 PM
    Cool, thanks!!!
    01-26-16 06:29 PM
    Any chance you can figure out how we can sync Facebook events to the BlackBerry Calender without using a Facebook Sync app that produces double notifications in the Hub?
    I'll have to look into that. Can't promise anything.
    01-26-16 06:31 PM
    Fantastic man!
    01-26-16 06:46 PM
    Cobalt can you modify the hub apk so can have dark theme? Thanks (awesome job as always)
    01-26-16 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry services failing on marshmallow. Gonna assume that will be the case until they update
    01-26-16 07:22 PM
    Do the OS requirements stand? I think it was 5.0 or something. Was hoping I could test these on some S3's I had lying around. I think the the are on Kit Kat.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 07:56 PM
    Its tested on 5.1.1
    01-26-16 08:05 PM
    You rock, Cobalt! Just in time for me to Load them on my new Shield K1!

01-26-16 08:19 PM
    Awesome thanks will sticky this too
    01-26-16 08:21 PM
    Wonderful Cobalt.. thankeeee very much...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 09:04 PM
    You the real MVP!!

Did anyone manage to get what'sapp working in hub? Also, is it possible to view/send text from the hub without going back and forth to the messenger?

Is this the latest keyboard? I have the older version (been out there for a couple of months) and I downloaded this one but don't see any difference. I thought there is a new version were we can easily switch between different language inputs.

Btw .. I'm rockin this on my unrooted nexus 6p.

Thakns again guys! great work!!
    01-26-16 10:06 PM
    You the real MVP!!

Did anyone manage to get what'sapp working in hub? Also, is it possible to view/send text from the hub without going back and forth to the messenger?

Is this the latest keyboard? I have the older version (been out there for a couple of months) and I downloaded this one but don't see any difference. I thought there is a new version were we can easily switch between different language inputs.

Btw .. I'm rockin this on my unrooted nexus 6p.

Thakns again guys! great work!!
    Tested on my Moto G and WhatsApp is integrated into my hub, I had to do a device reset to make it work fully. Side note I am using the WhatsApp from WhatsApp.com/android which is my guess a newer beta version than the one in Google Play.

Cobalt you are the man

Last edited by spiculated; 01-26-16 at 10:44 PM.
    01-26-16 10:34 PM
    Thanks -- that worked!!

I keep getting that error message "blackberry services has stopped working" and I have to press "ok" but after that things get back to normal and everything works so far. -- update: after reboot this error message keeps coming up for 2~3 times every time I open the hub or the calendar. Any idea how to fix this?

The Hub integration isn't as smooth as it was on my bb10 but that is a different story .. I hope BB will work on improving this.

Btw, do you know if the launcher will be updated and we will be able to swipe up right to get into the hub? or am I asking for too much -- so greedy, eh!

This is great!! Thank you guys again!
    01-26-16 10:45 PM
    Sweet-following
    01-26-16 10:49 PM
6,064 123 ...