I've been using this for the longest time on my Note 4 "M" and never had any issues. When I have, I just re installed everything, even BlackBerry Manager, cleared the cache and all d/l done with BlackBerry Manager. Reboot, reinstalled the latest BlackBerry Manager and followed Cobalts instructions precisely and away we go. All has worked fine.

I also applied the same process to a OnePlus 3 "M" and success as well.

Just added BBM to either device from the repository and got the keyboard working flawlessly as well.

So I'm somewhat surprised to still see that so many are still having issues.

I strongly suggest that if you encounter some issues, un install, clear caches, delete any of the apk of any of the BlackBerry suite apps that are lingering and reboot.

Install the latest BlackBerry Manager, and start with Hub+ / Infrastructure, then HUB and go through each one after that. Add BBM after a reboot and reboot after that installation.

Overall, it should work perfectly!

I've done this a few times already after a full reset of either of my devices and have not encountered any issues so far.

DO NOT UPDATE any of these apps with Google Play store, always use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager from scratch.

Hope this helps some people out there!!

Great work Cobalt!! :-)

Cheers!

PS. It does help to read and keep up to date with this thread...and don't just jump the gun when you see updates available if the apps are working. Check here first. You may save yourself a lot grief and frustration! ;-)

Good luck!!
    Leo Sosa1 and gijoegijoe like this.
    10-26-16 02:15 AM
    Sorry to interupt this thread, but I do have just a question, which belongs to the Hub & Keyboard (which are included in the Blackberry Manager):
    does anyone already used both versions, I mean an original BB android device (Dtek or Priv) and also Cobalts Blackberry Manager on another non-BB device?

Is Cobalts Blackberry Manager able to compensate the "real" built-in Blackberry stuff? Without any problems at all?
    Because, as I can read on the last sites of the thread, it seems that there are some problems with this Blackberry Manager.

At the end there is one thing important for me:
    I really love the hub (best piece of software at all!) and the unbeatable BB Keyboard. But these will normally only be available on the official BB android devices. And I would really dislike to loose them by switching to a "normal" android device. But on the other hand I would be happy to be able to choose the andoid device I like without being limited to the BB android devices!

Thanks for your help and sorry once again to interupt!

Regards
    Voodoopupp
    10-26-16 06:48 AM
    In the last few post I've read about some people having problems with downloading apps. I believe that it is caused by a token that expires. That would explain why the server is responding with error 403 Forbidden.

I reworked the method how the tokens are refreshed, but I need some testers to see if it really changes anything.

BlackBerry Manager 1.0.0.34 with token fix
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S0029520C1A...9ECEDE570AAC62

So if you are seeing the error "file not available" when trying to download, I would be happy if you could test the new version and report if it fixes the problem.

Thanks!
    Same error
    10-26-16 07:06 AM
    There are other reasons why a download could fail. Please check if one applies:

1. Mismatching time settings on the device (are you using network time or manual time settings?)
    2. Non supported carrier (what is your carrier?)
    3. Non supported language (what is you country and language?)
    All was working till the last update
    10-26-16 07:08 AM
    I did re checkin and it's working!
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    10-26-16 07:15 AM
    At last!
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    10-26-16 07:38 AM
    At last!
    Lol
    10-26-16 09:07 AM
    In this last update I've lost widgets from hub and calendar. There's any way to solve this?
    10-26-16 09:15 AM
    In this last update I've lost widgets from hub and calendar. There's any way to solve this?
    Did you try to restart?
    10-26-16 09:18 AM
    Did you try to restart?
    try to clear BlackBerry launcher data.
    I accidentally turn off pop-up widget and cannot turn it on again (from the setting menu didn't work) so I delete BlackBerry launcher data and all pop-up widget available again
    10-26-16 09:45 AM
    At last!

I like the new Check-In Dialog.
    10-26-16 10:33 AM
    try to clear BlackBerry launcher data.
    I accidentally turn off pop-up widget and cannot turn it on again (from the setting menu didn't work) so I delete BlackBerry launcher data and all pop-up widget available again
    I'm not using BlackBerry launcher. The widgets were available even in TouchWizHome launcher.
    10-26-16 11:10 AM
    I keep getting App not installed msg When trying to install the hub....g5 on fido network
    10-26-16 01:31 PM
    Re-checkin worked for me as well
    10-26-16 01:41 PM
    Checked permissions, logged off google ID then logged back in by re downloading Manager and launcher BUT still didn't work. Is there a step by step video that's out there? All help is much appreciated. Transitioning over from Priv to G5 and would love to keep some of BlackBerry useful features
    10-26-16 04:53 PM
    There are other reasons why a download could fail. Please check if one applies:

1. Mismatching time settings on the device (are you using network time or manual time settings?)
    2. Non supported carrier (what is your carrier?)
    3. Non supported language (what is you country and language?)
    Re-cheking did the jobs, thanks a lot
    10-26-16 09:20 PM
    Does it happen with anyone else, when you try to mark an sms read using swipe gesture hub sort of freezes and takes some time to recover.
    10-27-16 09:01 AM
    In the last few post I've read about some people having problems with downloading apps. I believe that it is caused by a token that expires. That would explain why the server is responding with error 403 Forbidden.

I reworked the method how the tokens are refreshed, but I need some testers to see if it really changes anything.

BlackBerry Manager 1.0.0.34 with token fix
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S0029520C1A...9ECEDE570AAC62

So if you are seeing the error "file not available" when trying to download, I would be happy if you could test the new version and report if it fixes the problem.

Thanks!
    All, this fix worked for me. I went for a good few months without being able to download updates from blackberry manager, and this got me up and running again.

Cobalt, once again thank you for all that you do. Your work is amazing
    10-27-16 11:16 AM
    There is an update to BBM. Waiting for it in the repository or manager.
    10-27-16 10:55 PM
    Also waiting
    10-28-16 12:36 AM
    Maybe Cody can explain why the Keyboard no is longer working on Samsung S7 Edge. On S6 there are no issues at all.
    The problem is only present when you have installed one of the first versions of keyboard and want to update to a newer one.
    I have not found any workaround yet, still on older version
    10-28-16 01:39 AM
    Ok.
    10-28-16 01:52 AM
    And also for the condensed hub.
    10-28-16 02:59 AM
    1. I dont't want to implement custom patches to the production releases.
    2. There is no option available, but by following the procedure below you can play with the values yourself.

This is the procedure how to patch the Hub for condensed view:

Downlading the APK
    1. Run BlackBerry Manager and hit repair on BlackBerry Hub
    2. Cancel installation dialog when it pops up. The downloaded Hub.apk will be found in /BlackBerryManager folder

Decompililing the code
    3. Run Play Services Patcher
    4. Enable 'keep processing folder' in options
    5. Enable 'decompile resources' in options
    6. Enable 'force rebuild'
    7. Enable 'Pause before rebuilding'
    8. Select the APK file and Press Analyze. If any patching suggestions show up, DISABLE them
    9. Do not press continue, do not close Play Services Patcher!

Apply the modification
    10. Go to folder GP_Patcher\tmp\com.blackberry.hub-1.3.1.11471\res\values and open dimensions.xml
    11. Find String "commonui_condensed_list_item_bottom_margin" and replace value with 5.5dip
    12. Find String ""commonui_list_margin" and replace value with 4.0dip

Recompile
    12 .Go back to Play Services Patcher window
    13. Hit continue to rebuild the app

To play with the values, just change them again (the xml files will still be there after rebuilding). Then go to options Menu in Play Services Patcher and hit rebuild to rebuild the apk again with the latest changes.

Good luck!
    Hi.. does it still hold good?

Also since its been quite long, is there any mobile app for Play Services Patcher? If yes, can you please provide me the link to download it?

Want to trouble you less for the condensed view
    10-28-16 06:01 AM
    Instructions are still valid
    10-28-16 08:43 AM
6,064 ... 151152153154155 ...