Just a little fun project:

I got my hands on the new Samsung Focus Hub, which is the Samsung version of BlackBerry hub. The Focus software only works on a Samsung device, so I tinkered a bit with the code to get it working on other devices.

Unfortunately, I can't do any testing on non Samsung devices, so maybe somebody wants to step in and see if the modifications do work. It is possible, that it doesn't work at all and that it doesn't even startup ;-)

Samsung Focus Hub:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S0096727A56...B9BCB3264F57F0

You need Android 6.0.1 to run this app!
    I have S5 and going to give it a try. Can this co-exist with BB Hub? I will post my results.
    09-28-16 09:15 AM
    If you have a Samsung Device, you can use the unpatched version from APKMirror:

Samsung Focus 0.9.00-6 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror

And yes, the can co-exist, but you need to configure some stuff or you will see double entries in the Focus calendar.
    09-28-16 09:23 AM

Samsung Focus 0.9.00-6 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror

And yes, the can co-exist, but you need to configure some stuff or you will see double entries in the Focus calendar.
    Oh cool. Understood. Thanks Bro !!. you da man !!
    09-28-16 09:34 AM

Ok tested with all 3 versions, Patched Cobalt, APKMirror and PlayStore. All of these crash when using "Microsoft ActiveSync" account right after the account has setup and is being verified. However, I was able to successfully configure a gMail account without any much effort. Seems like it is a bit early stage but has potential. Looks pretty neat.
    09-28-16 12:27 PM
    Ok tested with all 3 versions, Patched Cobalt, APKMirror and PlayStore. All of these crash when using "Microsoft ActiveSync" account right after the account has setup and is being verified. However, I was able to successfully configure a gMail account without any much effort. Seems like it is a bit early stage but has potential. Looks pretty neat.
    Personally not impressed, on a note5
    Got it to work but seems still in beta stage, will have a long way to go.
    BlackBerry Hub has its issues too but at present time way ahead of competition
    09-28-16 12:40 PM
    Personally not impressed, on a note5
    Got it to work but seems still in beta stage, will have a long way to go.
    BlackBerry Hub has its issues too but at present time way ahead of competition
    As an alternative currently at no cost, its not a bad choice. Agreed BBHub is pretty solid. With that said, does your note5 work with MS ActiveSync account?
    09-28-16 01:07 PM
    I got it to work - no issues with Samsung or bb-hub, but I don't use the MS Active Sync account that often so my experience is somehow limited. If something does not work out it's mostly about permissions.
    09-28-16 04:45 PM
    Guys anybody can help me on my manager that say file not available when I want to instal and updated
    09-28-16 08:52 PM
    Hi Cobalt, I just update BB Hub and BB Service + through BB Manager but now I can't reply email and save draft email, it's error like this "failed to send message, try again later".
    09-28-16 08:56 PM
    The latest password keeper doesn't recognise device fingerprint scanner. I guess it's a bug because I can read some reviews on play store where users made same complaint. Does anyone have same issue?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on HTC One ME with Cobalt 's BlackBerry Technology
    09-29-16 04:04 AM
    i can not download any app from BB Manager app,
    whenever i try to download any apps it says "File Not Available". i even try re-checkin but it doesn't work
    09-29-16 04:43 AM
    The latest password keeper doesn't recognise device fingerprint scanner. I guess it's a bug because I can read some reviews on play store where users made same complaint. Does anyone have same issue?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on HTC One ME with Cobalt 's BlackBerry Technology
    The Password Keeper finger print feature works with the standard Android 6/M fingerprint API's. Some devices that have fingerprint readers don't implement these API's, and instead use a proprietary API and so won't work unfortunately. That's probably the case with your device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 04:51 AM
    i can not download any app from BB Manager app,
    whenever i try to download any apps it says "File Not Available". i even try re-checkin but it doesn't work
    Me Too mate tell if you find the solution
    09-29-16 05:03 AM
    Cobalt232, can you create BlackBerry Manager root version that support blackberry camera?

09-29-16 05:54 AM
    Camera is not working on other devices but BlackBerry. Nothing to do with root.
    09-29-16 06:14 AM
    To the guys with downloading problems: can you download the official versions from Play Store? Or doesn't that work either? If it doesn't work in Play Store, it may be a country-ip-restriction.
    09-29-16 06:16 AM
    The Password Keeper finger print feature works with the standard Android 6/M fingerprint API's. Some devices that have fingerprint readers don't implement these API's, and instead use a proprietary API and so won't work unfortunately. That's probably the case with your device.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info

09-29-16 08:01 AM
    To the guys with downloading problems: can you download the official versions from Play Store? Or doesn't that work either? If it doesn't work in Play Store, it may be a country-ip-restriction.

yep,
    i can download them with play store and there is no problem
    here are some screenshot:
    http://sm.uploads.im/t/OHkbG.jpg
    http://sj.uploads.im/t/BupF3.jpg
    09-29-16 10:18 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry keyboard on my note 7. Should I be able to get the keyboard sounds to work? If so can someone help me out I can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by EvEr34; 09-30-16 at 08:42 AM.
    09-29-16 08:07 PM
    yep,
    i can download them with play store and there is no problem
    here are some screenshot:
    http://sm.uploads.im/t/OHkbG.jpg
    http://sj.uploads.im/t/BupF3.jpg
    Me to
    09-29-16 08:41 PM
    Does anyone Got The File Not Available On BBmanager when trying to download and update please tell the solution guys
    09-30-16 06:59 AM
    I've been using BB manager with hub and keyboard since the beginning of this thread, and they work great. Now I've decided to give the calendar a try, so I uninstalled samsung planner and installed the bb calendar.

The only issue is that the app (and also the widget) from time to time doesn't show events, I have to manually open the bb calendar app, click on refresh and wait some seconds for them to appear again. Some minutes later, they are gone again and I have to repeat the hole process.

Someone know what could me happening?

PS: I'm not using bb launcher, just services, hub, keyboard and calendar.

Thanks in advance and great job, Cobalt232!
    09-30-16 07:11 AM
    Does anyone Got The File Not Available On BBmanager when trying to download and update please tell the solution guys
    the same here bro
    09-30-16 08:09 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry keyboard on my note 7. Should I be able to get the keyboard sounds to work? If so can someone help me out I can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance
    Anyone?
    09-30-16 08:48 AM
    I got it to work - no issues with Samsung or bb-hub, but I don't use the MS Active Sync account that often so my experience is somehow limited. If something does not work out it's mostly about permissions.
    Got it. Thanks.
    09-30-16 10:08 AM
6,064 ... 143144145146147 ...