Since Blackberry does a great job with the business side of phones, why aren't they selling their apps to Android phone business people? And anyone else of course. They could sell the Hub app, Calendar, etc. Or package them all together. There could be a free lite version, and then a paid version.

I really think this would help build the brand, and would help to sell future BB Android phones. I'm loving my Priv so far, and most of my time on it is spent in the Blackberry Limited apps.

Just thinking outloud.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    07-31-16 11:51 PM
    Honestly...because no one would buy these apps. I've been a BBRY fan for years, then in November 15 I tried android and never went back.

Last May I wanted to try iOS so I got myself a 6s+. I still think bb10 was a great OS, but I'd never go back to it...I'll soon go back to Android but I'm typing this on my z30 and everything seems so slow...BlackBerry will never be a leader in mobile phone anymore, unfortunately and they only have themselves to blame.

Posted via CB10
    EdMinghuang and sethr like this.
    08-01-16 12:42 AM
    Outside of the Hub and Blend, people who have only used Android wouldn't want BB10 apps. BB fans want bb10 apps on Android because they are used to how things work not because Android fans would prefer them. BB isn't selling the Hub because its defining to their BB Android phones and they aren't selling Blend because most people don't want a mirror of their phone on their comp. Samsung has their version called SideSync and hardly anyone uses it: most Galaxy users don't even know it exists.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-01-16 01:13 AM
    Interesting.

When I want a phone, I want the best build quality and best OS. I don't want a child's toy so I can download apps and games to waste my life away.

Posted via CB10
    sethr likes this.
    08-02-16 11:16 AM
    Interesting.

When I want a phone, I want the best build quality and best OS. I don't want a child's toy so I can download apps and games to waste my life away.

Posted via CB10
    You're a dieing breed and why BB is the way it is. Not enough of you to support a device oriented company.
    08-02-16 12:38 PM
    Well, BlackBerry just announced their first app for sale on Google Playstore. We are witnessing a new phase of transition of the company.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-03-16 09:13 AM
    $.99 a month for most of their suite of apps.... Or free with ads..

Don't care for ad based apps, don't care for subscription based apps. Have to hope there are a lot of people not like me....
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-03-16 10:26 AM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Downloading apps and games is a waste of one's life? Why the heck do you have a smartphone in the first place?

Tool not toy, really? Blackberry pushed that line for a while...they went from 150 a share to 7. People downloading apps aren't "wasting their life" they're exploiting their phone capabilities. I hope you don't have a TV, or else you might be wasting your life...and that car of yours, you better trade it for a horse, nobody wants to waste their life pumping oil.

Bottom line, blackberry didn't adapt. The z10 was the best bb10 selling device; what they do? Release 4 other physical keyboards phone and 1 and half full touchscreen phones (z30 + z3/leap). absolutely loved my bb10 phones (3 z10s, Z30, Q10,and passport) but if the company isn't willing to put the effort necessary to adapt then screw them, I'll stop defending them. It's not like Chen's paying my bills.
    08-07-16 01:24 AM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Like that guy who was in the news because he caught all the Pokemon with his priv?
    08-07-16 03:37 AM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    - Mike Lazaridis, 2009
    Delil and tryfe like this.
    08-07-16 09:33 AM
    Well Chen said they''re a software company. Obvious with the DTEK50.
    Sooooo.... why not take the whole DTEK/Android security/OS bundle and sell it to us for 50 bucks? Instead of on a $249 phone for $299.
    I'd much rather put it in on the Idol 4S (and get the goggles bundle).
    Really, though, being able to build a Zenphone 3 DTEK or LG DTEK with replaceable batteries would be sweet.

If BKB doesn't want to make phones any more, then quit! Make OS bundles for good mid-range phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 04:17 PM
    Sooooo.... why not take the whole DTEK/Android security/OS bundle and sell it to us for 50 bucks?
    Cost of hiring developers to maintain custom kernels for each Android platform, for one. As well, much of the security is manufacturing process-dependent (can't add hardware root of trust in software). And if the bootloader is open enough to allow installation of an alternative ROM like BB Android, then it would have to be closed to accommodate all of the integrity stuff like in the Priv/DTEK50, making the update one-way.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-09-16 06:55 PM