So I just noticed that some of my chats have a notification at the bottom saying that Whatsapp now supports end to end encryption. But it is not showing on all my msgs. I'm guess this is between people that have updated to latest Whatsapp, and it is not showing for those people who don't have the latest update. I attached a few pics to show what I'm seeing, but I only noticed it today.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp supports end to end encryption now?-422833.jpg  
    04-05-16 11:22 AM
    It didn't post all my picks for some reason...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp supports end to end encryption now?-422829.jpg  
    04-05-16 11:28 AM
    Yeah just noticed it like 30 minutes ago too. Brilliant stuff especially as calls are encrypted too. All the stuff BlackBerry wants to make us pay for they provide it free with no ads.

Simple strategy but all the right ones. All I need now is video calls and retractable messages and it'll have an indisputable edge over bbm.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-05-16 11:42 AM
    I agree to that. But for me, nothing feels more secure than using BBM.
    04-05-16 02:39 PM
    04-05-16 04:35 PM
    I agree to that. But for me, nothing feels more secure than using BBM.
    You mean BBM Protected and BES.

04-05-16 04:37 PM

You don't need BES for BBM Protected.
    04-05-16 06:37 PM
    You don't need BES for BBM Protected.
    True... was more of an overall comment, should have used "or" as opposed to "and".
    04-05-16 07:39 PM
    Yeah just noticed it like 30 minutes ago too. Brilliant stuff especially as calls are encrypted too. All the stuff BlackBerry wants to make us pay for they provide it free with no ads.

Simple strategy but all the right ones. All I need now is video calls and retractable messages and it'll have an indisputable edge over bbm.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    BBM now has free retractable messages most of the features with extra protection that where a paid subscription are now free with the latest BBM. And I still have trouble with what's app having my phone number, I've changed multiple BlackBerry phones and now am on a Samsung S6 and my BlackBerry BBM has followed me regardless of my phone number which has changed repeatedly based on getting new employment

From me to you
    04-06-16 12:35 AM

BBM's secure already. It's enough for me as I'm just using it for communicating with my loved ones.
    04-09-16 12:34 PM
    BBM now has free retractable messages most of the features with extra protection that where a paid subscription are now free with the latest BBM. And I still have trouble with what's app having my phone number, I've changed multiple BlackBerry phones and now am on a Samsung S6 and my BlackBerry BBM has followed me regardless of my phone number which has changed repeatedly based on getting new employment

From me to you
    That's true. Been experiencing issues with my WhatsApp as well. I'm sticking to BBM.
    04-09-16 12:36 PM
    Came to my notice last week, kul

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 11:47 AM
    BBM's secure already. It's enough for me as I'm just using it for communicating with my loved ones.
    BlackBerry's global decryption key was obtained by Canadian Police in 2010 | CrackBerry.com
    04-15-16 08:53 AM
    Whatsapp is Facebook. Facebook talks to Law Enforcement. Facebook makes money from selling you data. Whatsapp still knows your exact location & everyone in your phonebook AND who you are speaking too. All the Feds would need tbh.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    04-28-16 10:24 AM
    Never heard of that. So I guess the most secure way to communicate is by privately? Without anyone eavesdropping? Lol.
    07-09-16 05:15 AM
    All they did was steal what's already on BBM

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    You'd think charging for encrypted messaging when Whatsapp, Telegram, etc. do it for free would be theft...
    07-16-16 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    So I guess they also stole cross-platform usability from BBM, right?

*ME173X
    07-16-16 01:21 AM
    BBM is the least secure , messaging system.

Signal > telegram > whatsapp
    07-18-16 01:31 PM