Coming from BB10 Passport, we are not very used to seeing customization or add-ons that change the operation and give us more features.
    Other than games, are there any tools / customization / add-ons for Android that you are using to make your life easier?

For me, so far:
    Utilizing Smart Lock (so if the phone is connected to certain device via bluetooth, i don't need to enter a passport)
    Added the little app "Back Button" which lets me add a 4th button to Android home menu to bring down the notification drawer without having to reach all the way to the top of the screen. This helps a lot when the keyboard is out.
    Last Pass
    Taskmanager (not only to kill the apps, but also easily go into running app's settings and clearing cache/disable/etc.)
    12-09-16 11:08 AM
    I really like action launcher3. A lot of customization, and a lot of nice swipe gestures.
    12-09-16 11:19 AM
    I use "All in one gesture" for OS wide gestures. Swipe right to left for back and left to right for recent. These gestures can be customised.

I use the same app for OS wide immersive mode. the status bar takes up almost half an inch of space. immersive mode hides it OS wide (you can blacklist Apps) and in combo with swipe for back and recent you will probably never need the navbar. In the rare cases that I do, a swipe up gives me access to it.

For Apps that I do blacklist for immersive mode I use "NavBar apps" to customise my navbar. (Screenshot included)

I use the app "Button remapper" to remap the mute button into a function key for something else (I use it to launch an app.

"Custom Quick Settings" gives me extra tiles in the notification shade.
    Attached Thumbnails What are some cool apps and add-ons making your life easier on your Android blackberry?-69910.jpg  
    12-09-16 03:23 PM
    Thanks, I also used button remapper, but on my son's samsung tablet. He kept hitting the physical buttons accidentally (I also did the same thing, especially when watching video) but I noticed the app wants $$ to customize all buttons.
    So, do you know if there is anyway to add navbar to samsung tablet so I can disable the Back and Recent buttons, and let him use on-screen buttons but hide them until you swipe up? Always on nav bar does not work well because it goes over video status bar and other on-screen info.
    12-09-16 03:37 PM
    For onscreen nav buttons on a Samsung, you'd have to root the device.
    12-09-16 10:36 PM
    That's a shame. There are pretty cool apps that add buttons without root but they don't perform as well as real ones. Like I said we can't hide them easily. I'll check what else I can find.

For Priv;
    There was a really cool swipe launch pad on android now I can't find it. Either they changed the name and how it looks or it went down on list possibly bought by someone else. Now everything else is very limited unless you pay.
    12-10-16 10:25 AM