i cannot for the life of me find an app that does this successfully. trying to transfer my SMS from my passport to my s7 edge and have tried the following:

• BlackBerry Content Transfer (limits transfer to 3500, but never worked restoring them...ever)
    • SMS Backup & Restore (never worked properly...files copied - Zero)

the other program i have tried is Wondershare MobileTrans where you backup yr data through BBLink, but cannot restore the SMS for some reason since im on a MAC? at least thats what the support page says...that it only works on a PC. has anyone with a PC tried this app to restore their SMS to another phone?

anyone have any other ideas that work?
    03-27-16 07:41 AM
    There's an app called SMS Backup, which is imho the best solution for backing up SMS and MMS on BlackBerry 10 https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/27686935/ . From the same guy who ported Nodebeat and Super Hexagon to BB10. Then try to copy the xml/csv files to your S7 and import.

Via Pasta CB10
    03-27-16 08:56 AM
    saw that app in bbworld. do you by chance know exactly how one would import the data into the s7's SMS? im going to research this method. thank you!
    03-27-16 01:08 PM
    I believe Samsung Kies app has the ability to transfer non Samsung content to Samsung phones, am I right?
    04-05-16 02:45 PM
    I used this guideline to go from BB10 to the Galaxy S7. Worked well except it took a while to transfer my 23K texts.

https://epicwindmill.com/sms-backup/

You will need the SMS backup app for BB10 and then a different one for Android. The description is very basic and is so is the process.

Good luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-11-16 02:02 AM
    I used this guideline to go from BB10 to the Galaxy S7. Worked well except it took a while to transfer my 23K texts.

https://epicwindmill.com/sms-backup/

You will need the SMS backup app for BB10 and then a different one for Android. The description is very basic and is so is the process.
    I tried this process as well as trying MobileTrans to go from BB10 to Marshmallow on a Moto G4 and while both successfully transferred 17000+ SMS messages, they both fail to successfully transfer the MMS messages. The pics don't show in the text threads as they should.

Anyone else experience this?
    07-29-16 10:10 AM
    About the only thing I can think of is finding a way to separate them by contact, then save them as text files. You could then copy them into MemoPad, or one of the other notepad apps. That would keep them on the BlackBerry, although they would be outside of the SMS app.
    11-29-16 02:47 AM
    maybe try Wondershare they sorta got it right Blackberry need to take a cue from them

i cannot for the life of me find an app that does this successfully. trying to transfer my SMS from my passport to my s7 edge and have tried the following:

• BlackBerry Content Transfer (limits transfer to 3500, but never worked restoring them...ever)
    • SMS Backup & Restore (never worked properly...files copied - Zero)

the other program i have tried is Wondershare MobileTrans where you backup yr data through BBLink, but cannot restore the SMS for some reason since im on a MAC? at least thats what the support page says...that it only works on a PC. has anyone with a PC tried this app to restore their SMS to another phone?

anyone have any other ideas that work?
    05-01-17 01:20 AM
    Wondershare maybe the answer blackberry should take a cue from them
    05-01-17 01:21 AM
    Content Transfer is not whats its cracked up to be

They are almost there but not quite some of us have more than just 35,000 messages on their phone and they are not all SMS messages And most of the things that this program does I can do myself on an SD card in the things I needed to do it won't do like converting over some of the old bb10 apps to work with my new Android operating system meaning the priv This program needs a total total redone a total new facelift to allow it to bring in that this selective amount of text messages I think it should be able to handle 30,000 text messages SMS and MMS picture messages I have 25,000 SMS and MMS messages makes no sense for me to try good use this program and screw up all my old messages on this new phone unless you guys make the correction first by allowing this thing to bring in more SMS and MMS messages and at least 30,000 not 3,500 You might find by making these Corrections that you'll have more sales of your newer like type phones especially from the original Blackberry users of the bb10 operating system My earlier, comment it would be nice if I can bring over some of these apps off the bb10 and convert them over to work with the Android O/S PLUS have access this the Blackberry WORLD from my Android device I encourage everyone to leave a similar message and hopefully someday Blackberry will get the message they need to do better than what they're doing as far as this big conversion and moving over to the Android operating system

does anyone know of something that does both text and picture messages ?
    05-01-17 01:41 AM
    Maybe you can try Google account to help you transfer SMS from BB to Android. We can check the details online. Just have a try.
    05-03-17 04:50 AM