http://m.thestar.com/#/article/busin...lay-music.html

Another app lost to Google Play Services...

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    12-02-15 04:04 PM
    That's old news. But I don't think they published the EOL date before. Jan 31st will be the day to pull the plug on such a good service.
    12-02-15 04:09 PM
    With songza being rolled into google music, which doesn't work on our blackberry phones, what are you guys using for music streaming?
    12-23-15 03:14 PM
    I'm using Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer.
    12-23-15 10:31 PM
    I was pretty happy with rdio, but they have been bought by Pandora.

http://www.rdio.com/farewell/

Lots of consolidation in this industry, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 11:02 PM
    Radiotunes is awesome and you can get it right in BlackBerry World too. I have the premium membership. High quality, great selection and zero commercials. ;-)

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    12-23-15 11:36 PM
    Actually, Google Play Music works. I do get a notification that I need to have Google Play Services installed but the only limitation I've found so far is that I can't export my saved favorites from Songza. Other then that, I'm able to log into the app with any of my Google accounts and functionality doesn't seem to be limited. Keep in mind, I do have some Google Play work arounds installed.

That being said, Songza I found was a much more simplified interface and I can't seem to determine if Google Play Music actually provides groupings of playlists based on time of the day, mood or interactions similar to Songza. It's a shame Google decided to consolidate the app as I'm sure people out their want nothing to do with Google and their added services.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    12-31-15 07:06 AM
    You just have to patch Google Music with Play Services Patcher. Then it will fully work with no error messages.
    01-01-16 04:16 AM
    I've found so far is that I can't export my saved favorites from Songza.
    Actually, if you log into the Songza website, it should give you the option to export, I was able to bring all my playlists from Songza into Google Play Music.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:41 AM
    Actually, if you log into the Songza website, it should give you the option to export, I was able to bring all my playlists from Songza into Google Play Music.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know. Some day I'll just purchase the PRIV and I won't have to worry anymore about Google Play Services and patch this app or that app. But for now, I'm happy with my Z30.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-23-16 12:39 PM
    Well I found a limitation of Google Music. Can't play searched playlists.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-24-16 07:56 AM
    Google Music deleted off this BlackBerry. I can't spend my time trying to deal with apps that need Patching and crazy amounts of effort only to have them partially work.

Just download Spodify and its working like a Champ! That said, that move to the PRIV is looking better everyday.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-24-16 08:19 AM
    So far it still works on both my Passport and Q10.

 CA Governor on Passport SE 
    02-01-16 12:23 PM
    Songza is officially dead! I tried loading up the app last night for ****s and giggles. You can get past the initial Google notice about moving to Google Play Music and see the mood categories but when you try playing anything you just get redirected to the Google notice screen everytime.

Good news is Spodify is an awesome service not reliant on GP services, so it works like a charm.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-07-16 12:21 PM