I spent some time on Tuesday installing cobalt's files and then patched and installed the latest google maps on my Q10. It appeared to work until I tried to do some actual navigation then it just said "Searching for GPS".

BB Maps seems to work just fine.

I just noticed in application permissions for google maps all the options are ON but they are dim which means they are not settable. On BB Maps they can be toggled.

Any ideas on this one?
    06-01-16 08:34 AM
    Did you try looking at the permissions using the Blackberry Google ID app, one of the required apps for Cobalt's method? It's the blue "GiD" icon. Launch it, click on the three dots at the top right, App Permissions, Location, Maps...

(I've not used Google Maps navigation since I have the unpatched version installed.)
    06-01-16 01:35 PM
    Did you try looking at the permissions using the Blackberry Google ID app, one of the required apps for Cobalt's method? It's the blue "GiD" icon. Launch it, click on the three dots at the top right, App Permissions, Location, Maps...

(I've not used Google Maps navigation since I have the unpatched version installed.)
    I just installed the google stack on my Classic following very closely cobalt's instructions for google maps. I even included the (wait 5 minutes for google services to settle). Maps seems to work on the classic and I'm not seeing the "Searching for GPS" message.

I'm now doing the exact same procedure on my Q10 and will see what happens.

You say you have the "unpatched" version on your phone. What BB do you have and how is it that you can work with the unpatched version?

Thanks,

Roveer
    06-01-16 02:37 PM
    I've put the stack on my Q10 with maps and it now seems to be working. Not sure what I was doing wrong. The only real thing I did differently was I used a different google account manager (the beta) the first time, but this time used the 4.3.3. Other than that, I waited the 5 minutes after play services before moving on to install maps. In any event. Seems like maps is working on both the Classic and Q10.
    06-01-16 03:12 PM
    You say you have the "unpatched" version on your phone. What BB do you have and how is it that you can work with the unpatched version?
    Once you've set up Cobalt's Google Play, you can download Google Maps (unpatched) straight away from Google Play. With the unpatched version, you won't be able to access all the functions, like saving locations; however, general map searches work, which was all I needed.

Glad you got things working!
    06-01-16 04:46 PM
    Check out either BE Maps or Genius Maps Pro in BB App World. I own them both. Genius Maps can be used totally offline which is great when in storm situations and you can't get GPS. You have to install the main app on the device but all the actual maps you can download can be stored on the card.
    06-18-16 10:13 AM