Petition Full Android for BlackBerry 10 Devices: For New Life on our BlackBerry Devices

Hi, everyone. I'm just a concerned BlackBerry 10 enthusiast and Passport user.

As much as I love the BB10 operating system, lackluster app support for the platform is just killing the experience for me, as I'm sure for a lot of people as well.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't need all the million and one apps Android or iOS offers, but with a native FB app gone, WhatsApp going off soon, and a lot of other communications apps like Telegram, Line, WeChat, and Instagram not even present, it's forced a number of loyal BlackBerry users to change to competing brands just so they can use those apps for work.

So, to prolong and enhance our experiences with our current BlackBerry 10 devices, I really hope the great minds from our beloved company could push out a dual-boot system so we can run full-fledge Android with Google Play Services, or at least update the Android runtime and possibily receiving the Play Services, so we'd have less issues (if possible to remove all issues altogether) with Android apps.

Below is a petition for just this, and, to be honest, I'm not sure how much an effect it would bring to this cause, but I thought that we should at least give it a try and who knows, it could bring a difference, at least with updating the aging Android runtime. At least we know we put in some effort, instead of whining helplessly.

Thanks for your time and support everyone!

#teamBlackBerry #teamBlackBerryMalaysia #BlackBerryPassport

Petition Full Android for BlackBerry 10 Devices: For New Life on our BlackBerry Devices
    05-17-16 07:13 PM
    Well, beyond the great alternative offered by Cobalt, that will allow a greater access to Android apps, I don't expect the ART to be updated anytime soon.
    Now, for an Android based OS substitution on older devices ... that's raising the bar of expectations a bit high, IMHO.
    05-18-16 04:18 AM
    Not gonna happen. Really. Good luck with that.
    BlackBerry is.....ugh! I have no word for this company.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 05-22-16 at 05:54 AM.
    05-18-16 04:22 AM
    You are smoking stuff they haven't even discovered yet.

How much free time do you have in the day to think and type all this crap out?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 11:50 AM