I think the next app blackberry should work on for Android is a file manager. Whether they want to make that exclusive to blackberry androids like their keyboard, or make it available to all android devices, I think it would be a great tool. Android is really missing a well made file manager that's easy to use without clutter. The one on BB10 was terrific.
    BB_Madison likes this.
    11-24-16 01:26 AM
    Android is really missing a well made file manager that's easy to use without clutter.
    There's plenty of simple and easy to use file managers available. There's even one loaded onto the device, that people just assume doesn't exist because there's no icon for it. This app even allows you to create icons for the built in one. However, I agree with you in the fact BB should make one. If for nothing else, so people stop asking.
    00stryder and BB_Madison like this.
    11-24-16 01:39 AM
    Maybe an sms app. How can you trust a 3rd party app to manage your text messages like password tokens, verification codes, etc..

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    11-24-16 02:04 AM
    Now BlackBerry is all Software.
    But they can't make the filemanager for Blandroid??
    Ok they're not able to make hub on Android the same as the bb10 one.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    11-24-16 04:39 AM
    There's plenty of simple and easy to use file managers available. There's even one loaded onto the device, that people just assume doesn't exist because there's no icon for it. This app even allows you to create icons for the built in one. However, I agree with you in the fact BB should make one. If for nothing else, so people stop asking.
    Understood! Im currently using es file explorer, but a native app for pretty much everything from blackberry would be nice.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-24-16 11:39 AM
    Maybe they could slap their name on Solid Explorer.
    11-24-16 11:45 AM
    There's definitely room for this. All the first party skins and most of the third party apps are terrible. A good file manager would go a long way.
    11-25-16 11:13 AM
    Now BlackBerry is all Software.
    But they can't make the filemanager for Blandroid??
    Ok they're not able to make hub on Android the same as the bb10 one.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    Personally I'll take the file manager apps currently available (I use Solid myself) and ask for a Blend-type app, which they could offer free for the Priv/DTEK devices and make a part is the Hub+ premium suite for other Android devices and iOS. You know, kinda like how they actually proposed last year.
    BB_Madison likes this.
    11-25-16 11:36 AM
    I think the next app blackberry should work on for Android is a file manager. Whether they want to make that exclusive to blackberry androids like their keyboard, or make it available to all android devices, I think it would be a great tool. Android is really missing a well made file manager that's easy to use without clutter. The one on BB10 was terrific.
    You are right, I would like to see BlackBerry file manager for android just like the BB10 version
    11-25-16 02:26 PM
    Understood! Im currently using es file explorer, but a native app for pretty much everything from blackberry would be nice.
    I would suggest staying away from ES file Explorer, at least the free version (never tried the paid one).

I've used it since getting my PRIV, until yesterday when I finally found out that it was creating a system mess. To start with, it creates conflict with the overlaying screen and forbids granting/denying app permissions, even when you temporarily disable such setting.

Likewise, it's full of ads and all the "cleaning options" it offers seem rather like a placebo. It is a good viewer to check system files, but then these can mistakenly be erased or moved. Finally, since erasing ES, I've noticed that Google Play Music has stopped giving me problems with setting the volume limit when using headphones.

I was reluctant to follow the advice of experienced forum users (including Bla1ze and thurask) of using Solid Explorer, since it's a paid app, but yesterday opted to try it out. It has a 14 day free trial, but as it's currently on sale for 50% ($8 Mexican pesos, about 40 cents US), I bought it right away. It has a much cleaner interface and is simple enough to use, without interfering with system files. I can now recommend it, as it also has cloud integration, OTG support and backing up applications.

Best of all, no more system conflicts with overlaying screens. Unfortunately, I only figured this out after factory resetting my PRIV and reinstalling app by app to detect which one was giving problems.

I'd urge you to keep away from ES and stick to Solid or other apps at least until, hopefully, BlackBerry releases it's own file explorer.

Edit: Solid Explorer does set custom ringtones for the SMS stock app, but it doesn't appear at first. You have to close and then reopen the app and it will show your chosen tone.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 12-01-16 at 10:43 AM.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-25-16 04:29 PM
    Good file managers,
    *Solid Explorer
    *File Manager +
    11-25-16 04:59 PM
    Best file manager,
    * Asus File Manager
    12-04-16 08:32 AM
    Look for the Amaze file manager and the cyanogenmod file manager, both free and open source, and available at F-Droid.

Edit: Neither has any ads.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 12-04-16 at 02:48 PM.
    12-04-16 12:29 PM
    I tried several file managers, including all the ones recommended in the earlier posts (except anything outside of GPS). All had ads, many of them full screen, and very few integrated with cloud services.

I ended up getting FS and paying for a premium version. Works very well, accesses my OneDrive and pulls photos from different locations into one photo folder.

I'd love a native BlackBerry file manager, but if you don't mind spending $2.50, FS is a good option.
    12-04-16 01:51 PM
    I use FX File explorer.
    12-06-16 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have known!
    12-13-16 11:04 PM