My background has changed on my LG and the format has changed!! The background has got loads of little sketch drawings over it... where did this come from?!
    08-23-17 02:42 AM
    Post moved to its own thread with new title.
    08-23-17 03:34 AM
    My background has changed on my LG and the format has changed!! The background has got loads of little sketch drawings over it... where did this come from?!
    It's apparently what BlackBerry thinks is "cool" and something the kids will go for. If it wasn't for fellow mods I'd have deleted the first time I saw it.
    08-23-17 03:36 AM
    Thanks Fret... so there's nothing I can do about it? It hasn't changed on my friends phone. Is this becuase it hasn't updated?
    08-23-17 03:44 AM
    Check version numbers, but most likely it just hasn't updated yet. And no, there's nothing we can do aside from sending many nastygrams to the BBM team via the side menu -> help. Don't use angry language, be professional but word it strongly, and maybe they'll figure out their mistakes.
    08-23-17 04:11 AM
    It's apparently what BlackBerry thinks is "cool" and something the kids will go for. If it wasn't for fellow mods I'd have deleted the first time I saw it.
    Well, you do know Blackberry no longer develops BBM don't you? BBM is licensed to a third party company.
    08-24-17 12:50 PM
    Well, you do know Blackberry no longer develops BBM don't you? BBM is licensed to a third party company.
    Yes, Creative Media works which is a subsidiary of Emtek in partnership with BlackBerry Limited and so on. However, at this point I'm no longer interested in who or what owns or licenses this current iteration of visually displeasing, feature lacking, and functionally gimped pile of poo. I'm no longer bringing it up as an option for anyone to try. It needs fixed or nobody will be using it unless they're being forced into it, and with the better options out there that's just someone being a jerk.
    PHughes likes this.
    08-24-17 01:53 PM