I'm due to upgrade my Passport in November.. finally making the jump to Android.

I had my heart set on the BlackBerry Argon... a high spec device that shouldn't be outdated and performs well. However, BlackBerry have now released BlackBerry Hub+ Services for all Android devices running MM or higher. So, now I'm stuck - the MAIN reason for me to get another BB device was because I can't leave Hub behind. It is the heart and soul of my phones and has been for the last 3+ years. I can't even imagine using a phone without Hub.

But, if I was to get the latest Samsung device for example, I could use other features such as the Gear VR (which a lot of my family have, and it is amazing). And download BlackBerry Hub. But, does it work the same? Do you get the same quality Hub on another Android device to what you get on a BlackBerry Android device? I imagine it does as on Androids it is just an app.

I guess a part 2 of the thread is, what is the advantage to a BlackBerry Android device over another apart from security? Yes, security is a big deal I know, but what else?

Sorry - ended up typing more than I anticipated! Would appreciate your help. Thanks.
    08-15-16 11:06 AM
    I'm due to upgrade my Passport in November.. finally making the jump to Android.

I had my heart set on the BlackBerry Argon... a high spec device that shouldn't be outdated and performs well. However, BlackBerry have now released BlackBerry Hub+ Services for all Android devices running MM or higher. So, now I'm stuck - the MAIN reason for me to get another BB device was because I can't leave Hub behind. It is the heart and soul of my phones and has been for the last 3+ years. I can't even imagine using a phone without Hub.

But, if I was to get the latest Samsung device for example, I could use other features such as the Gear VR (which a lot of my family have, and it is amazing). And download BlackBerry Hub. But, does it work the same? Do you get the same quality Hub on another Android device to what you get on a BlackBerry Android device? I imagine it does as on Androids it is just an app.

I guess a part 2 of the thread is, what is the advantage to a BlackBerry Android device over another apart from security? Yes, security is a big deal I know, but what else?

Sorry - ended up typing more than I anticipated! Would appreciate your help. Thanks.

No ads or no monthly $.99 subscription if you use HUB on a BlackBerry device, vs a non-BlackBerry. But other than that... it's the same app.

Fast monthly security updates, little more device security built in and the DTEK app (nice app) are your other positives.

Slower major updates, with possibility of them ending if sales are not enough that Chen shuts it all down...are the negatives.
    08-15-16 11:34 AM
    It seems that keyboard, dtek, and productivity tab (all ad-free) will be exclusive to BlackBerry.
    08-15-16 11:37 AM
    It'll work the same yes.

But it'll still have that samsung touchwiz vibe to it - can't explain other than you'd have to see it for yourself.

Got the Hub and BlackBerry launcher on my the G4 and I can see easily the launcher and hub are being used on a G4.

Icons, font, etc will still retain whatever base skin you insall the hub+ on.

But anyway, it functions the same.

Prefer the hub on my priv as it looks professional whereas on the G4 it still has that LG look which is actually quite childish out of the many android skins out there.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-15-16 03:17 PM
    I saw on google play the blackberry keyboard available. so it's not an exclusivity anymore I guess ?
    Differences Between Hub on DTEK50/Priv and Other Android Device?-keyboard.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 09:05 AM
    I saw on google play the blackberry keyboard available. so it's not an exclusivity anymore I guess ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyboard.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	406597

Posted via CB10
    It says you don't have any eligible devices. You need a Blackberry Android.
    bbone99 likes this.
    08-16-16 09:22 AM
    Well that's a screen shot from my pc..so without a priv or dtek50 you cannot install this app ?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 09:56 AM
    Well that's a screen shot from my pc..so without a priv or dtek50 you cannot install this app ?

Posted via CB10
    Correct.
    08-16-16 10:20 AM
    It seems that keyboard, dtek, and productivity tab (all ad-free) will be exclusive to BlackBerry.
    Interesting. Well when we finally get the specs for Argon, I'll have to decide whether it's worth getting over a Samsung then. Hub is the only MUST for me, where as the keyboard and DTEK are very nice additions which I could probably live without. I'm not familiar with the productivity tab, I'll look into that. Thanks!
    09-01-16 06:15 AM
    Interesting. Well when we finally get the specs for Argon, I'll have to decide whether it's worth getting over a Samsung then. Hub is the only MUST for me, where as the keyboard and DTEK are very nice additions which I could probably live without. I'm not familiar with the productivity tab, I'll look into that. Thanks!
    The productivity tab mimics the peek gesture from BB10. It allows you to quickly glance at your HUB, calendar, tasks, and top contacts.
    09-01-16 11:02 AM
    I'm using the Hub + Switchr and I've been able to mimic my old BB10 devices on my new Xperia: I've tried the Hub on the Priv and it feels exactly the same..

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 12:47 PM
    Doesn't the BlackBerry launcher make the skin look same as privs? Same icons, etc
    09-08-16 11:14 AM
    It'll work the same yes.

But it'll still have that samsung touchwiz vibe to it - can't explain other than you'd have to see it for yourself.

Got the Hub and BlackBerry launcher on my the G4 and I can see easily the launcher and hub are being used on a G4.

Icons, font, etc will still retain whatever base skin you insall the hub+ on.

But anyway, it functions the same.

Prefer the hub on my priv as it looks professional whereas on the G4 it still has that LG look which is actually quite childish out of the many android skins out there.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Do you have any screenshots of the Hub on the G4. I was thinking of purchasing the new LG V20 when it comes out instead of the DTEK-50.
    09-13-16 03:10 PM
    OP, There's a major difference between BlackBerry Android and other Android with hub+, the swiping home button with 3 shotcut, there is a ton app on play store, but none can do the same. It's my top feature, can make a full Day without going back to home Screen

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 08:14 AM
    OP, There's a major difference between BlackBerry Android and other Android with hub+, the swiping home button with 3 shotcut, there is a ton app on play store, but none can do the same. It's my top feature, can make a full Day without going back to home Screen

Posted via CB10
    I agree about the usefulness of the three swipe feature on BB android phones. It seems silly, but it may be the last thing keeping me on BB phones since Hub+ Services is now available for android phones. If they ever make that an exportable feature I may be tempted to buy a higher spec'd non-Blackberry android device in the future.
    09-14-16 09:24 AM
    Honestly,

Blackberry apps on a blackberry device is an experience you can't emulate no matter what the device is .

Also the launcher is super slick.

I tried it on my note edge and came back to my priv.

Rather honestly get a priv.

Just my 5 cents.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    09-17-16 07:00 AM