I have a PRIV, and have have previously been a long time BBOS and BB10 user as well as tried a few Samsung and recently a Nexus 6P. I have found the PRIV stands up really well in comparison (other than music playback in headphones, and camera) to these phones and rules when it comes to notifications/LED etc.

Having tried various stock and 3rd party keyboards, contacts, calendars, and email apps feel the native BB versions are THE BEST!

BlackBerry really needs to open up their Hub, Calendar, Contacts, & Keyboard apps for all Android devices. To me these are the best email, contacts, and calendar clients and the BB Keyboard is of course great.
    Last edited by Graheem; 04-27-16 at 02:36 PM.
    04-25-16 06:33 PM
    Totally agree. I'm using downloaded ripped apk's on Nexus 7 and OnePlus Two and LOVE them! Trouble is today the keyboard has been updated and I can't get the new swiping option working...

I'd happily chuck BlackBerry the going rate for a keyboard (to be honest up to �5 I love it so much) if I'd get guaranteed updates via the Play Store.

Posted via CB on my Passport 10.3.2.2226
    Graheem likes this.
    04-25-16 07:05 PM
    Agree, now using Note 4 with a BlackBerry virtual keyboard apk but this is not from Play Store so will never get the official updates. I'd pay for the real BlackBerry keyboard too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Graheem likes this.
    04-26-16 09:28 AM
    I think that BlackBerry might have an issue dealing with all of the versions of Android out there. I would pay something. Not sure how much.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 09:59 PM
    Search Crackberry for BlackBerry manager from cobalt.

Oh yeah send him the $5 for all his excellent work

04-30-16 08:12 AM
    Search Cobalt's topic. He made all apps from Priv can work perfectly on any android devive.

04-30-16 11:30 AM
    Search Cobalt's topic. He made all apps from Priv can work perfectly on any android devive.

No not perfectly. I presume you need marshmallow and to follow his directions. A work around. I would say that the Cobalt BB10 VKB works for most Androids.
    05-01-16 07:03 PM
    And charge a nominal fee for non-blackberry android devices.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    05-01-16 07:10 PM
    All apps work perfectly on my note 4 Marshmallow.

05-01-16 07:43 PM
    But not just any Android device.
    05-01-16 09:43 PM
    I think BlackBerry is missing out on potential revenue by not releasing the keyboard, (and to a lesser extent) hub, and calendar for all devices on Google Play and the Apple App Store. I would love to have the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard on my iPhone and would pay for it as I'm sure quite a few other people would.
    05-01-16 11:54 PM
    They will never sell the BlackBerry App suite while they're still making money from custom bbm pins and stickers.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 04:51 AM
    No workarounds for the hub keyboard and calendar to work on my moto X. On kit Kat or whatever was pre marshmallow.

Dead simple to install the main app, then mix and match the features you want.

05-02-16 02:17 PM
    No workarounds for the hub keyboard and calendar to work on my moto X. On kit Kat or whatever was pre marshmallow.

Dead simple to install the main app, then mix and match the features you want.

They work on my Android 5.0.2.

Just the launcher does not work right.

You avoid Manager and the latest services and download the old services and other needed apps from Colbalt's cloud site. Services first. Uninstall and remove any old Cobalt BlackBerry apps before downloading and installing from the cloud This approach worked for me on an older Android version.
    05-02-16 06:30 PM
    Any way to get the new keyboard on Android M?

05-03-16 04:47 PM
    Has Hub improved since launch? I was seriously looking at upgrading to the Priv, but got spooked by reviews saying that the Hub wasn't quite the Hub BB10 users knew and loved (e.g. it ran in parallel with the top-down notification drawer, things were duplicated, and some things were picked up in the drawer but not in the hub).
    05-04-16 07:46 PM
    Has Hub improved since launch? I was seriously looking at upgrading to the Priv, but got spooked by reviews saying that the Hub wasn't quite the Hub BB10 users knew and loved (e.g. it ran in parallel with the top-down notification drawer, things were duplicated, and some things were picked up in the drawer but not in the hub).
    I've read Android M has improved the hub by a mile, but getting it to function identical to BlackBerry 10 is not there yet. I believe all the examples you gave have been solved but I'll let someone else a Priv confirm
    05-04-16 08:38 PM
    I have been using Hub on my Nexus 6P for sometime (only as a mail client) and love it. If BlackBerry makes it available for non BB devices I will anyday pay for it.
    Graheem likes this.
    05-04-16 08:59 PM
    Blackberry should tie the BlackBerry applications to actual BlackBerry hardware. You free loaders are the type of customer that BlackBerry needs. Go pirate a movie and play in the street.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 04:54 AM
    Blackberry should tie the BlackBerry applications to actual BlackBerry hardware. You free loaders are the type of customer that BlackBerry needs. Go pirate a movie and play in the street.

Wow.
    05-12-16 11:17 PM
    I think they should make it available for all android devices, on paid subscription for pro edition like other launchers. And keep the pro edition native on BlackBerry devices as differentiator . This is the best thing BlackBerry can do now to counter Samsung Focus feature that is due to be released.

05-13-16 07:53 AM
    Any way to get the new keyboard on Android M?

Yep, I'm running BlackBerry software on my Sony Z5.

And I love that it singes the shorts of BlackBerry Chen lovers.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    05-13-16 08:06 AM

No problem as long as BB Mobile makes the phone I want - Android Passport - either pkb or vkb in a 3:4 Android compatible format.

Before you say Mercury - It has a considerably smaller screen.
    keyboardsrock likes this.
    02-22-17 09:43 AM
    No problem as long as BB Mobile makes the phone I want - Android Passport - either pkb or vkb in a 3:4 Android compatible format.

Before you say Mercury - It has a considerably smaller screen.
    "Freeloader"?? I happily pay a subscription fee to use hub services on my android phone. I'll happily pay other such fees to have BBerry services & software on all my android products.
    03-23-17 06:17 AM